Bellazon

Camila Alves
Thumbnail

June 28, 2012 - Source: PacificCoastNews.com

Camila Alves, wife of actor Matthew McConaughey, takes their children Levi and Vida to the Central Park Zoo. The doting mom could be seen picking up takeout before dressing up colorfully to take her little ones to the zoo.

post-42244-0-1445990208-6678_thumb.jpg

post-42244-0-1445990208-69427_thumb.jpg

June 28, 2012 - Source: FameFlynet Pictures

Model Camila Alves takes her kids Levi and Vida to the zoo in Central Park while her husband Matthew McConaughey was busy promoting his new film in New York City, New York on June 28, 2012.

post-42244-0-1445990209-38671_thumb.jpg

post-42244-0-1445990209-40793_thumb.jpg

post-42244-0-1445990209-41386_thumb.jpg

post-42244-0-1445990209-42782_thumb.jpg

post-42244-0-1445990209-43158_thumb.jpg

Stylebistro.com

Style Crush: Camila Alves

post-42244-0-1445990217-84722_thumb.jpg

It's a commonly accepted myth that being gorgeous automatically begets being fashionable. Not so! (Need we remind you of Beyoncé in the Destiny's Child years?) But in the case of Camila Alves, aka Matthew McConaughey's better half, beauty and sartorial savvy are undeniable bedfellows.

The key to the Brazilian model and designer's look is that it always appears to be 100% natural: As if her clothes, however glamorous, were grown on organic farm where they frolicked in open pastures before fulfilling their ultimate purpose. Of course the styling is a crucial element: makeup is always kept to a minimum, save for some dewy highlighting or pale lip gloss; hair, either beach wavy or pencil straight, is left to do its cascading, unhindered thing.

Alves' out-on-the-town mode is vibrant and Carnival color-happy, to play off her flawless, caramel skin: A flowing, curve-accentuating turquoise skirt (a would-be fashion don't on most) topped with a subtly patterned white blouse reads as South American goddess-wear; a silky emerald green gown with a daring J.Lo keyhole—attention-seeking on someone else—is carried off with "I might make pancakes in this" ease.

But the style setting that really gets our fashion juices flowing is Alves in casual mom mode: The look is vintage Lisa Bonet—hair left bedhead curly and dramatically parted on the side of her head, Ray-Ban Clubmasters in place and threads in a palette of earthy, Berkeley-meets-Brooklyn bohemian tones. The finishing touch? Her stunningly mop-topped celebri-tots, in eco-chic baby duds, of course.

WWD.com 7/2/2012

CAMILA ALVES GETS HITCHED TO MACY’S: Newlywed Camila Alves snagged a new husband in Matthew McConaughey and now has a new gig as brand ambassador for the private label I.N.C. International Concepts brand at Macy’s. The Brazilian-born model will appear in fall television ads for the contemporary brand and a print campaign that breaks in September magazines, in addition to online and in-store components.

“When Macy’s approached me about this, I told them we need more than a meeting in New York. I had the team to my home in Austin, cooked some food and had some wine. They’ve got to really like me — it’s a big partnership,” said Alves, who hosted the third season of Bravo’s “Shear Genius” in 2008.

The wine apparently worked, as Macy’s is betting on Alves’ multihyphenate appeal as an actress, television host, fashion entrepreneur and mother of two children — in addition to her elevated Hollywood profile as wife of McConaughey.

The duo’s June 9 wedding was splashed across the cover of People magazine recently.

“Camila has a beautiful, multiethnic appearance that will appeal to a diverse customer base. She’s on the red carpet, but she’s also a mother. It’s an incredible package that will deliver star power to our star brand at Macy’s,” said Nancy Slavin, senior vice president of merchandising at Macy’s Merchandising Group. The I.N.C. brand, which includes apparel, shoes and accessories, is sold in all 845 doors of Macy’s.

Alves and her mother market two lines of handbags under their Muxo label, encompassing a high-end range that sells at Nordstrom and a lower-priced collection that sells on QVC under the Muxo by Camila Alves moniker. Alves is planning to launch a midpriced bag line aimed at department stores. “The product is pretty much ready, we’re just working out the details,” she noted.

Camila and Matthew are expecting their third child! Both posted the news on their Twitter accounts today.

Screen_shot_2011-12-25_at_10.18.12_PM_normal.pngMatthew McConaughey@McConaughey4 Jul

happy birthday America, more good news, Camila and I are expecting our 3rd child, God bless, just keep livin

Camila Alves@mymuxo

Happy birthday America, more good news, Matthew and I are expecting our 3rd child, God bless, just keep livin.

Matthew on Camila: “The silence before she came out, 42 years of history ran through my veins… and then I thought of her. Twenty-nine years, a young lady’s dream to marry whomever that may be, the most important moment in the fairy tale, and tonight, right now, I am that man for her, for the first time and forever.”

wow,she's pregnant,congratulations for both and late congrats for the wedding.

I can't wait to see her pregnancy style,she had amazing one in her previous pregnancies.

Matthew McConaughey has revealed Camila Alves sent him an invitation to his own wedding and also snuck on the set of Magic Mike to watch him do his striptease.

The couple - who got engaged last December - married on June 9 at their home in Texas and the 'Magic Mike' star admits he was spurred on to start arranging the nuptials following a huge hint from the Brazilian beauty.

He said: ''She handed me an invitation to my own wedding. That's one way to kick-start a man!''

Although he is excited about the nuptials, Matthew - who has kids Levi, four, and two-year-old Vida with Camila, while the couple are set to welcome their third child into the world next year - was determined not to have a bachelor party before he married, much to the disappointment of his friends.

He added in an interview with the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''I had some friends who wanted me to have a bachelor party. But I said, 'What am I going to do at a bachelor party? Watch you guys have fun and then foot the bill?' ''

The 42-year-old Hollywood star admits he has changed a lot since the early days of his career because of his family responsibilities.

He said: ''I've definitely grown, because when you have a family, there's more to live for.''

Matthew also said his wife enjoyed watching his 'Magic Mike' stripping scenes.