Bellazon

Camila Alves
Thumbnail

"Matthew McConaughey wrapped wife Camila Alves' engagement ring up in seven boxes.

The 'How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days' actor proposed to the Brazilian model last Christmas Day 2011 and he wanted to make it as exciting as possible, so decided to hide the ring in lots of parcels.

He said: 'It was the last gift to be opened and I wrapped it in seven different boxes so Camila would have to keep unwrapping.'

Matthew - who has two children, Levi, three, and two-year-old Vida, with Camila - says once the brunette beauty found the ring, he got down on one knee and popped the question.

He told People: 'She got the ring, I took a knee and asked her to marry me and take my name. After a bit, she conceded ... thankfully"

Guests' quotes from the wedding (People magazine):

A guest on the tent setup: “It was like a cool commune.”

Camila on the couple’s two children, 4-year-old Levi and 2-year-old Vida: “Somehow they both seem to understand what we are doing on a spiritual level.”

A guest on Levi and Vida, who were the ring bearer and flower girl: “They were barefoot, and when they walked in, everyone gasped.”

Matthew on Camila: “The silence before she came out, 42 years of history ran through my veins… and then I thought of her. Twenty-nine years, a young lady’s dream to marry whomever that may be, the most important moment in the fairy tale, and tonight, right now, I am that man for her, for the first time and forever.”

A guest on the ceremony: “It felt like they built a village full of love, family, and friends.”

One week after tying the knot in Austin, Texas, Matthew McConaughey, 42, and Camila Alves, 30, jetted to Miami for Latvian model Ginta Lapina's wedding. The event took place "at the luxurious Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach," a source tells Us Weekly. "They looked happy together [and] in love."

post-42244-0-1445990190-29541_thumb.jpg

Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves were spotted having dinner in Calabasas, California last night (June 18).

Joined by their kids Levi and Vida, the newlyweds looked cool and casual as they strolled out of a local eatery carrying to-go bags.

post-42244-0-1445990191-38281_thumb.jpg

post-42244-0-1445990191-40621_thumb.jpg

post-42244-0-1445990191-43009_thumb.jpg

Late Night: Matthew McConaughey's proposal didn't wow Camila Alves (LA Times)

Newlyweds Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves, recently appeared in full matrimonial regalia on the cover of People magazine, but as the actor revealed Tuesday to Jay Leno on “The Tonight Show,” the marriage almost didn’t happen.

McConaughey explained how he proposed to Alves, his girlfriend of six years and the mother of his two children. At his family’s Christmas gift exchange, he wrapped up her engagement ring inside a series of boxes and made sure she was the last person to go. When Alves finally opened her ring, McConaughey got down on one knee and proposed: “Will you marry me and take my name?”

Alves, however, didn’t exactly leap at the offer to become Mrs. Matthew McConaughey. “The first words out of her mouth were not ‘yes,’ ” the "Magic Mike" star confessed. Sounding rather serious, he added, “I’m not going to say what it was.” (One can only imagine.)

Whatever her initial objections might have been, Alves eventually “conceded” to McConaughey’s proposal, as he so romantically put it. She even got her way when it came to their unconventional wedding earlier this month. Indeed, it was Alves' idea for all their guests to stay in air-conditioned tents in their backyard, rather than hotel rooms, for the duration of their three-day matrimonial extravaganza. Guests feasted on sushi and barbecue, but no word on where they showered.

http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1406963

Contactmusic.com (6/22/12)

Matthew Mcconaughey Sends Back Wedding Band

Matthew Mcconaughey has sent his new wedding band back to the jewellers to have it engraved with "something special".

The actor wed Brazilian beauty Camila Alves at their ranch in Texas earlier this month (Jun12) and already he has been spotted out and about without the ring - but he insists it's not because he is having second thoughts about being a married man.

He explains, "The ring is getting something done to it, just a little extra thing that we wanted to add after the wedding."