Bellazon

Camila Alves
Thumbnail

People.com

All About Camila Alves' Bridal Jewelry ∧ Matthew McConaugheys Romantic Proposal

When Matthew McConaughey surprised longtime love Camila Alves with a Christmas Day proposal last winter, he made sure to savor the moment.

It was the last gift to be opened and I wrapped it in seven different boxes so Camila would have to keep unwrapping McConaughey tells PEOPLE of the rose-cut Cathy Waterman engagement ring he buried inside. She got the ring, I took a knee and asked her to marry me and take my name. After a bit, she conceded, thankfully.

That vintage-style engagement ring and wedding bands by Kathy Rose weren't the only diamonds to dazzle at the couples' June 9 at-home nuptials in Austin, Texas.

Completing Alves' collection of bridal jewels were two pieces by Neil Lane: an elegant diamond headpiece and 10-carat earrings, featuring pear-shaped center diamonds, to help give her a very romantic, soft look Lane tells PEOPLE. She wanted to wear her hair back with the glamorous earrings.

The platinum bridal headband, designed initially as a bracelet and accented with pearls and diamonds,has a beautiful Edwardian, art deco feel Lane says. It's vintage without being too old-fashioned. Its an exquisite, romantic look.

People.com

The Sentimental Story Behind Camila Alves McConaughey's Wedding Dress

When it came to finding the perfect wedding gown, Camila Alves McConaughey knew exactly where to turn. Chanel? Nah. Vera Wang or Monique Lhuillier? Nope.

Instead, the bride asked Brazilian dress designer Ducarmo Castelo Branco, a 78-year-old family friend, to craft a gown for her June 9 nuptials to Matthew McConaughey.

Ducarmo has been making wedding dresses for her entire life, says Alves, who has known the designer since she was a young girl growing up in Brazil. I guess you can say she has been planning this design for over 20 years.Branco worked on the project with a group of eight local women, and Alves' faith in that team's vision of a dream dress a delicate beaded lace gown never wavered. I went to Brazil for a day and a half to work on the dress, the bride tells PEOPLE. I left and I just had to trust them. They finished the dress 22 days later."We would pray a rosary together and then touch the dress," the Brazilian designer tells PEOPLE.

Rocker John Mellencamp played a big part in his pal Matthew Mcconaughey's wedding to Camila Alves - he sang psalms from the bible during the ceremony.

The Sahara star exchanged vows with Brazilian beauty Alves last weekend (09Jun12) at their home in the actor's native Texas and Mellencamp helped to make the day extra special by reciting Biblical poems to original music.

The Catholic nuptials also included readings from specially-selected Bible passages.

MCConaughey tells America's People magazine, "We chose verses from the Bible that moved us and speak to who we are as a couple."

Bridefinds.com:

Matthew McConaughey & Camila Alves Wedding!

The wedding was actually a 3 day, 2 night celebration, with guests staying on-site in customized, air-conditioned tents. Celeb guests Reese Witherspoon, Woody Harrelson, John Mellencamp, and Kenny Chesney pow-wowed with other guests at a hospitality tent that was constantly stocked with beer, tequila, and other necessities.

Despite the casual nature of the whole affair, the couple did have a traditional Catholic wedding ceremony, presided over by a Catholic Benedictine monk. Matthew and Camila's two barefoot tots, Levi and Vida, served as flower girl and ring bearer. As they walked down the aisle, Matthew got on one knee and they ran towards him. Aw!

Matthew & Camila's ceremony included scriptural readings, and performances of Biblical psalms set to original music by John Cougar Mellencamp. The ceremony concluded with an epic kiss, and then the bride, groom, and guests proceeded into the string-lit reception area.

Camila was dripping in Neil Lane diamonds; she wore a pearl and diamond headband by the jeweler and 10-carat drop earrings with her traditional lace viel and gown. She carried a bouquet of cattleya orchids and artichoke flowers, made by Cowgirls and Flowers.

She paired her rose-cut Cathy Waterman engagement ring with not 1 but 2 wedding bands by Kathy Rose.

The red velvet cake featured the Texas flag an the Brazil flag, and was designed by Austin chef Larry McGuire.

The couple gave koozies customized with their names and wedding dates on them as guest favors.

The couple's first dance was to Forever And Ever, Amen by Randy Travis. Matthew and Camila reportedly boogied down with their guests until 3 AM! "We partied through the sunrise and only went to bed because we needed shade" Matthew told the magazine. Yee-haw!

From 411mania.com:

The party continued from Saturday night to Sunday afternoon, and some of the guests hadn't "even gone to bed yet."

On Sunday, the guests were treated to food from celebrity chef Guy Fieri, including crawfish, brisket and friend okra.