Bellazon

Camila Alves
Thumbnail

SHE WAS ON GOOD MORNING L.A. AND SHE HAS A NEW LOWER END BAGS COMING OUT.

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="cs_player" width="425" height="330"><param name="movie" value="http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/cs_api/get_swf/3/&wpid=0&page_count=5&windows=1&show_title=0&va_id=1203881&auto_start=0&auto_next=0"></param><param'>http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/cs_api/get_swf/3/&wpid=0&page_count=5&windows=1&show_title=0&va_id=1203881&auto_start=0&auto_next=0"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/cs_api/get_swf/3/&wpid=0&page_count=5&windows=1&show_title=0&va_id=1203881&auto_start=0&auto_next=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="330"></embed></object>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"It’s a girl for Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves!

Daughter Vida Alves McConaughey arrived Sunday, January 3rd at 12:13 a.m., Matthew announced on his Web site. She weighed in at 7 lbs., 7 oz and joins big brother Levi, 17 months.

“‘Vida’ is Portuguese for ‘life’ and that’s what God gave us this morning,” the actor blogged. “Camila’s recovering wonderfully and we are both truly honored to welcome this little lady into our family. Thanks for all of your well wishes and prayers along the way, another blessed day, we give thanks.”

Matthew, 40, and Camila, 26, announced the pregnancy in June, blogging, “We pulled off the greatest miracle in the world one more time. Camila and I are expecting our second child, bringing more life into the world, making more to live for. The future looks bright as the family grows.”

The couple, who have began dating in 2006, chose not to find out the sex of the baby prior to delivery, just as they did with Levi."

sours CBB.

the first photo of Vida

vidag.th.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Shear Genius host Camilla Alves knows a thing or two about the pressure to snap back into shape post-baby. The Brazilian model – who turned 28 today, Jan. 28, seemed to effortlessly get her bangin’ body back in gear after giving birth to 18-month-old son Levi with boyfriend Matthew McConaughey, 40, and is doing it all over again with 3-week old daughter Vida. But Camilla says to fight the pressure to be perfect post-baby, and urges you not to make any drastic changes.

“Hormones make you do crazy things!” she told HollywoodLife.com exclusively during a conference call on Jan. 27 for her new Bravo reality show Shear Genius. “[My advice?] Don’t cut your hair! Don’t do it! When you first have the baby or you’re pregnant, you are hormonal and your body is not back to where it used to be. The last thing you need to do is cut your hair. Keep what you have and try to make the best of that. You have to have that hair for a long time and you may regret it once your body regains its hormonal balance.” If you REALLY need to make a change, Camilla advises you to play around with your hair color instead.

As for your post-baby body, Camilla knows you’ll be frustrated fast. (Although her genetically superior model genes frustrate US – it only took her mere months to get back into pre-baby shape!) “Just stick with the flowy stuff,” she says. “Things that have layers but that don’t make you look too bogged down or heavier. Don’t try to do anything crazy and try to keep it basic. And don’t forget, we got Spanx!”

True dat, Camilla. Although that particular trick of the trade applies to all of us – and we’re not just talking post-baby either. Sigh

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2010/01/28/ex...e-shear-genius/

camilaalves.th.png sheargeniusseason3meett.th.jpg 51338468.th.jpg

Los Angeles, CA, United States (CNS) - When talking with A-list hair stylist Kim Vo and international model, designer, and mother of two Camila Alves about the new season of "Shear Genius," the excitement is palpable. The show, whose last season aired back in 2008, has taken a little more time to return than most Bravo shows. But that's because, like much of their clientele, "Shear Genius" is sporting a whole new look.

"The show has a brand new format," Alves said. "We have a new look, we're in a brand new salon, a new host, new judges. We took the time to give the show one step up."

Out is the show's original host, Jaclyn Smith, and in is Alves, currently most known for her frequent tabloid exposure thanks to her relationship with chronically shirtless actor Matthew McConaughey. But the Brazilian model isn't just looking pretty and telling the contestants it's their "final cut." She also had a hand in the show's make over.

"Bravo and Reveille approached me. We had a meeting. I told them what I did like about the show, what I didn't like about the show," she said. "We had a very honest sit-down. I did the test, and the producers saw something they liked and really worked with me. It was a lot of work. English is not my first language and I've never done something like this before."

Kim Vo says Alves was perfect, and Hollywood's master colorist should know perfect. His celebrity clientele includes Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, and Paris Hilton. Along with challenges including strategically placed hair for a risqué runway and hairstyling for a romance novel cover shoot, Vo is also taking a page from his own book and including challenges specific to being a celebrity hairdresser, including one where the contestants making a celebrity house call for a not-yet-revealed star.

"We really looked at what celebrity hairdressers do and put that into the challenges," Vo said. "The challenges are real-life challenges. They're definitely more well-rounded, authentic challenges this time."

For the first time, the third season of "Shear Genius" also opened itself up to applicants from all over the world. Among the competitors are 29-year-old Joey, from Australia, and 36-year-old Adee, from London, England. The judges said putting all the big fish from around the world into one small pond garnered the best talent yet.

"I think this is the highest level of skills and expertise that the show has seen so far," Alves said.

"I agree. Not to put last season down because it was amazing last season, but we really turned up the heat this season," Vo said.

Also helping to turn up the heat for the show's third season as a new judge is Jonathan Antin, the straightforward celebrity hair stylist who fronted his own Bravo show "Blow Out" for three seasons. In a promo for the upcoming season, Antin is seen telling a contestant and his model, "That hairstyle sucks."

"Oh, he's definitely a character," Alves says, laughing.

"I think he's amazing. What a dynamic team this was and I think we had a ball. We all bring things that are different to the table but they seamlessly came together," Vo said. "But we're hairdressers. There's always going to be drama between hairdressers."

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/70...20Look%20For%20

StyleList: You have a newborn, a toddler, a high-profile relationship, a handbag line and a diaper bag collection for Lucky Brand. How did you manage to fit "Shear Genius" into your life?

Camila Alves: I've been asking myself that very same question. For me, it was a huge commitment to take on the role as host. I worked some 19-hour days. I was usually the first on the set and the last to leave. One of the things I put on hold was my bags. We are coming out with a new collection very soon, but I didn't have as much time to work on the line when I was busy with the show. I don't really follow that rule of a "spring collection," and then a "fall collection." I have the line and I add new pieces when they are ready.

SL: Everything changes after a baby. Have you started your post-baby body routine?

CA: You know, I haven't. Where I come from [brazil], we believe in something we call a 40-day break after the baby. You have to let your body do its own thing. You give it time to recover and let everything settle down. In a way, it is nice. There is not so much pressure. You kind of respect all the hard work your body has just done and give it a break. For these 40 days you really take it easy. By that I mean no sex, light, healthy food, no trips to the gym. Then, after 40 days, you are good to go. I confess, I am getting a little anxious to workout. I miss it. Not just to get my body back in shape, but for me, for my head!

SL: Since you are hosting a show where hair is the star, let's talk about your hair. Ever had a bad hair day?

CA: I have plenty of those. I have a lot of hair. It is curly and fine. So you take those three things and you can have a lot of challenges. I would not say I have "normal" hair, if there is such a thing. And I had to learn to take care of it myself. You can't be running to the salon everyday. Who has time for that?

SL: Any favorite hair products?

CA: I am a big fan of Morrocanoil, I use it all the time. It is great for control. I use Kerastase products. I like the line in the green bottle [Resistance]. I don't pay that much attention to the names. The Morrocanoil line also makes a deep conditioner I use a week which is just fantastic. And to straighten my hair, I am crazy about the Chi flat iron. The baby blue iron is the best. I swear by it. I get great results with that. And if you want something cheap you can just go to the drug store and get I am a big fan of the [Garnier] Fructis line -- really great things that are inexpensive

SL: We just ran a post about men borrowing makeup from their girlfriends and wives. Does Matthew [McConaughey] ever borrow any of your hair products?

CA: Uh, no, I don't think so. We keep that stuff separate.

SL: What beauty product do you always slip into the diaper bag?

CA: The Morrocanoil. I don't really go anywhere without it. And something to tie my hair back with.

SL: Has your hair changed since you had the baby? I lost hair after my kids were born and it got wavier. I looked down at the bathroom floor one day and was like, 'whose hair is that?'

CA: Oh, I know exactly what you are talking about. The texture has definitely changed a little bit. I am lucky it is thick because I am losing it more too. It is spooky isn't it?

SL: Ever have a disastrous haircut?

CA: I've had a couple and one I did to myself! When I was a kid I wanted a Chanel bob and bangs. My mom said no. I went to the salon anyway and they said, 'No way, we are not going to do that to your hair.' So I did it myself. Big mistake. Instead of my bangs going down straight they were sticking up like a cat. It was horrible. Then one time I went to the salon and I asked for something like Sophia Loren. Instead, I got Katie Holmes. And I don't think Katie Holmes has bad hair. It was just bad on me. Very bad. Short hair is not for me and I won't be trying it again.

SL: Have you always been a brunette?

CA: Mostly, I am so tan all the time so I think dark is best for me. The only thing I may do to change it up is add some highlights to lighten it a little, but I don't do the blonde thing.

SL: On 'Shear Genius,' did you have a favorite challenge?

CA: You know, that's a hard question. I think what was interesting to me was to see some very talented people - people who can already claim a celebrity clientele - put into situations that took them out of their comfort zone. This year we have an international group of contestants, but we gave them challenges that involved doing things they haven't done since beauty school. We have a romance novel challenge, where the stylists have to work in a barn. We are going to do a celebrity house call that is very interesting. And then, they have to do a look for a fashion show. A lot of them had done hair for fashion shows but...

SL: But it's totally different to have to do the show look?

CA: Oh, completely different. At this level, any of them were capable of being told how to style hair. But this was about concept. You've got to have vision. It turned out to be a real test.

SL: So, was there a contestant on the show who is going to get the honor of styling your hair?

CA: You know, there were a couple where I said, "Hmmm. I may have to book an appointment with you once this thing wraps. I was very impressed. I will probably be looking a few of them up!

http://www.stylelist.com/2010/01/28/camila...x-40-days-rule/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...