Bellazon

Ymre Stiekema
Thumbnail

lisa-1

ymre stiekema

she's dutch

2nd finalist at the Elite World Model Look 2007 in Prague

and people say she got the most beautiful hair they have ever seen ....

Height: 1.80 m

Weight: 55 kilo

Chest: 36

Lingerie: 75 A

Brest width: 80 cm

Waist: 66 cm

Hips: 86 cm

Dress size: 7

Shoe size: 40

iegtpw.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Next Face of Prada

Rising Dutch model Ymre Stiekema bags look one at Prada in Milan. The rest is history

Please avoid hotlinking. Hotlinking causes bandwidth to be taken away from the linked site, which then increases their server bill. You may upload images from a host site such as imageshack, imagevenue, photobucket, tinypic...instead. Thank you! See the rules of Bellazon HERE.

~ Post Edited by Joe > Average

The flip side to supermodel Sasha Pivovarova's beautiful alien look, newcomer Ymre Stiekema is hitting it out of the park for Spring/Summer 2009. It might end up a homerun for the 16-year-old Dutchie, whose old-school beauty and perfectly symmetrical features landed her in the opening slot of yesterday's Prada show in Milan. She might be from the other side of the Atlantic, but Stiekema oozes a translucent sensuality that’s almost Brazilian—serious sex appeal and a little bit of ‘je ne sais quoi’ that you can’t quite put your finger on. But you can rest assured that this blonde bombshell is staying grounded, even if standing tall at 5'10" does make the her want to reach for the stars.

14 QUESTIONS FOR YMRE STIEKEMA

1. What are you working on right now?

The Prada campaign for which I'm currently staying in Milan.

2. Who inspires you at the moment?

My boyfriend, Wouter.

3. Who do you admire?

People who have a clear goal in life and are not afraid to fight for it.

4. How would you describe your style?

Casual and minimalistic.

5. What are you wearing right now?

Just jeans, a blouse, and vest.

6. Weirdest work request so far?

There was this one shoot where I had to pose and stand still while in this tiny boat on a stormy lake. Not so easy.

7. What makes you miss home the most besides family and friends?

I miss my volleyball workouts. I have a great team and coach so it used to be one of my all-time favorite things to do, even on rainy Sunday mornings.

8. Superstitious or religious?

Superstitious.

9. Fortune or fame?

In the end, definitely fortune.

10. Which upcoming show are you most excited about?

The Prada show during Milan fashion week, of course!

11. Hidden off-the-runway talent?

Kind of hard to say about myself, but I've been told that I'm a good photographer as well.

12. Is the modeling world any different than you expected?

Most of the time the fashion industry gets a bad rap, and a lot of media out there contributes to that. But so far I've been working with lots of great people and I'm guided very well by Elite (my mother agency in Amsterdam), who are always supportive.

13. What scares you?

Being forced into something I don't stand for or believe in.

14. If you were to invite five people, either dead or alive, to a dinner party, who would they be?

My boyfriend, parents, brother, and sisters. That's 6 people, but I couldn't leave anyone out. I'd rather see them whenever I can than anyone else in this world.

--------

Prada show

(the fashion spot)

post-16474-1222429960_thumb.jpg

post-16474-1222429969_thumb.jpg

But it wasnt her...the model had brown hair

--------

I have a feeling ymre is going to be a household name when she's finished with school + I hope she's going to be in the VS show :drool:

--------

PICS

volleybal team

Please avoid hotlinking. Hotlinking causes bandwidth to be taken away from the linked site, which then increases their server bill. You may upload images from a host site such as imageshack, imagevenue, photobucket, tinypic...instead. Thank you! See the rules of Bellazon HERE.

~ Post Edited by Joe > Average

post-16474-1222461798_thumb.jpg

post-16474-1222461810.jpg

post-16474-1222461916_thumb.jpg

post-16474-1222461948_thumb.jpg

post-16474-1222461980_thumb.jpg

post-16474-1222461992_thumb.jpg

post-16474-1222462017_thumb.jpg

post-16474-1222462031_thumb.jpg

post-16474-1222462065_thumb.jpg

post-16474-1222462077.jpg

post-16474-1222462108_thumb.jpg

post-16474-1222462119_thumb.jpg

post-16474-1222462192_thumb.jpg

post-16474-1222462252_thumb.jpg

Ymre Stiekema opent Prada show

MILAAN - Maar liefst zes Nederlandse modellen liepen mee bij Prada, één van de meest toonaangevende shows van de Milanese modeweek. Van veteranen als Lara Stone en Bette Franke, maar ook meiden die voor het eerst meeliepen zoals Marloes Horst, Cato Vannee, Nimue Smit en natuurlijk Ymre Stiekema.

Via Pat McGrath, de joviale make-up artiest lukte het me om achter de schermen te komen. Gewoonlijk is de Prada backstage verboden toegang, alleen Vogue en bladen van dat niveau worden uitgenodigd om er te komen om Miuccia Prada aan handje te schudden. Maar deze keer stoof ik langs de machtige Miuccia heen en dook ik meteen op Ymre, die net als de andere Nederlandse meiden de sterren van de avond waren. Alleen was Ymre toch een beetje extra bijzonder. Ze opende immers de show. En dat betekent heel veel in de modescène. Zeker als het je allereerste Prada show is én je meteen het defilé mag openen. Dat zegt namelijk dat je gevestigd bent, dat de komende tijd de Vogue, Harpers Bazaar en al dat soort toonaangevende bladen voor je in de rij staan. Als je het goed aanpakt. In de mode zijn ze immers gek op frisse nieuwe gezichten. In Nederland heeft het Friese model overigens een exclusief contract met het modeblad Avantgarde.

Backstage trof ik een geëmotioneerde Ymre aan. 'Ik ben net gevallen. De schoenen zijn zo akelig hoog, ik verloor mijn evenwicht.’ Gelukkig gebeurde dat backstage en niet op de catwalk, wat een ander onfortuinlijk model overkwam. ‘Moet je zien, ik heb pleisters geplakt, omdat de schoenen me zo zeer deden,’ zei Ymre terwijl ze over haar pijnlijke voeten wreef. ‘Alle meiden klaagden over de schoenen. Ook de gevestigde modellen.’ Ymre zei verder niet zenuwachtig voor de belangrijke show te zijn. ‘Ook al was het mijn eerste Prada optreden, ik deed gewoon mijn ding. Maar ik ben al een week in Milaan en heb de hele tijd kleding moeten doorpassen, dus ik heb me een beetje kunnen voorbereiden.’

Haar contact met Miuccia noemt ze oké. ‘Toen ik haar ontmoette vond ik het een zakelijke dame. Maar ze was heel aardig en zo druk. Ze is constant in de weer.’ Met de andere Nederlandse meiden heeft ze goed contact. ‘Nimue Smit heeft net als ik meegedaan aan de Elite Model Look,’ zegt ze terwij!l ze een arm om Nimue heenslaat. ‘Dit was ook mijn eerste show,’ valt Nimue bij. ‘Volgende week ben ik de hele week in Parijs, omdat ik Miu Miu ga lopen.’ Buiten stond Ymre’s moeder haar glunderend op te wachten. ‘Ik vind het toch zo bijzonder dat mijn kleine meisje hier staat,’ zei mama Stiekema vol trots. ‘Pas als je het zelf meemaakt en met eigen ogen ziet, weet je hoe bijzonder dit allemaal is.'

http://www.telegraaf.nl/vrouw/mode_beauty/article2003904.ece

she had trouble with the balance because of the shoes ...she felt backstage and not on the runway (lucky girl)--------

--------

Miuccia Prada certainly has gone for a very interesting face Ymre Stiekema in its choice for the Prada Linea Rossa Fall-Winter 2008 /2009 line. Ymre the 16 year old Dutch model who fronts the campaign (photographed by Steven Meisel) A runner up with Elite Europe Look of the Year contest from last year, she's now the newest muse of Steven Meisel hand picked to be the face for Prada She will be the face to watch during the S/S 2009 collections as well as the editorials and campaigns to follow.

http://www.fashionstylist.web-log.nl/

-------

http://julialapin.typepad.com/bunnybisous/...-and-the-l.html

video :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: funny show

post-16474-1223033587_thumb.jpg

post-16474-1223033633_thumb.jpg