Bellazon

Kings of Leon
Thumbnail

Michael*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thursday night was the third time I've seen them now and they're still amazing live. There's something strange about the Newcastle Arena, the acoustics aren't always that great and it sometimes takes about two or three songs to get accustomed to the sound, but once I did that I really enjoyed it. Even the few songs I didn't really care for on the latest album sound so much better live. Matt's a really underrated guitarist - he was the real star of the show. Jared looks rather like a thinner version of Mutt Williams now. :rofl:

So anyway, they were on for a couple of hours and it was a nice mix of old and new songs. I'm wracking my brains now to try and remember every song they played - even Caleb said "We're feeling self-indulgent so we've got a lot of songs to play for y'all tonight" - so I'm not sure if this is exactly right, but the set list was something along the lines of...

Crawl
Taper Jean Girl
Razz
Molly's Chambers
My Party
Sex On Fire
King Of The Rodeo
Joe's Head
Fans
Revelry
Milk
Four Kicks
Pistol Of Fire
McFearless
The Bucket
Arizona
Closer
Use Somebody
On Call
Cold Desert
Slow Nights, So Long
Trani

Knocked Up
Manhattan
Charmer
Black Thumbnail

When King Of The Rodeo comes on, don't forget to look above the stage at the giant LCD screen-type thing, to see some old footage of the band as children. I also like how they've got a fancy light show now, and yet on the bass drum they've still got 'KOL' written in gaffa tape. :rofl:

Oh and finally, check out the support band M83 if you get a chance as well, they were really good. Have a great time Helen!

Thursday night was the third time I've seen them now and they're still amazing live. There's something strange about the Newcastle Arena, the acoustics aren't always that great and it sometimes takes about two or three songs to get accustomed to the sound, but once I did that I really enjoyed it. Even the few songs I didn't really care for on the latest album sound so much better live. Matt's a really underrated guitarist - he was the real star of the show. Jared looks rather like a thinner version of Mutt Williams now. :rofl:

So anyway, they were on for a couple of hours and it was a nice mix of old and new songs. I'm wracking my brains now to try and remember every song they played - even Caleb said "We're feeling self-indulgent so we've got a lot of songs to play for y'all tonight" - so I'm not sure if this is exactly right, but the set list was something along the lines of...

Crawl
Taper Jean Girl
Razz
Molly's Chambers
My Party
Sex On Fire
King Of The Rodeo
Joe's Head
Fans
Revelry
Milk
Four Kicks
Pistol Of Fire
McFearless
The Bucket
Arizona
Closer
Use Somebody
On Call
Cold Desert
Slow Nights, So Long
Trani

Knocked Up
Manhattan
Charmer
Black Thumbnail

When King Of The Rodeo comes on, don't forget to look above the stage at the giant LCD screen-type thing, to see some old footage of the band as children. I also like how they've got a fancy light show now, and yet on the bass drum they've still got 'KOL' written in gaffa tape. :rofl:

Oh and finally, check out the support band M83 if you get a chance as well, they were really good. Have a great time Helen!

The list of songs, just reading it alone, is already exciting me to no ends!! Thanks Michael for the tips, I hope I will enjoy it just as much as you did ;) :hug:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...