Bellazon

Andrei Arshavin
Thumbnail

♥AlbaForEver♥

I wonder if this long, long story of Andrey's transferring somewhere in Europe will end or not? :blink:

It's not funny already...Poor Andrey...I really don't understand why Zenit cannot let him go?

He's over this club because of his professional skills. He must go to some good European club, improve his skills, learn smth new.

I wish Andrey a success! Hold on, man! Everything will be great!

I wonder if this long, long story of Andrey's transferring somewhere in Europe will end or not? :blink:

It's not funny already...Poor Andrey...I really don't understand why Zenit cannot let him go?

He's over this club because of his professional skills. He must go to some good European club, improve his skills, learn smth new.

I wish Andrey a success! Hold on, man! Everything will be great!

I completely agree. It's the best time in Andrei's career to make a move to a European club. I mean, he's 27 already - will he get another chance to move to such a large club in another country? If he moved, it would be such a huge step in his career and it would boost his international profile. It would also enable him to play for a large team where he can contribute and learn new things. At this point in his career, I wonder just how many more opportunities he will get to move to another European club. That's why I wanted him to join an English club so badly.

So now it's officially announced that Andrey will play in Tottenham Hotspur team!

I'd like to wish him a very good luck in England! Hope he will achieve a success there. He loves English football, his family wants to live in GB.

Wish Andrey all the best in his career!!! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Russian international Arshavin joins Arsenal

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Russian international midfielder, Andrey Arshavin has joined the Gunners from Zenit St. Petersburg on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee.

Arshavin, 27, who played a key part in Zenit’s UEFA Cup winning campaign last season, was also a member of the Russian EURO 2008 squad in which he scored two goals from his three appearances, earning him a place in the ‘Team of the Tournament’.

Arshavin won the Russian Premier League with Zenit in 2007, making a total of 232 appearances for his previous club, scoring 51 goals. During his time with Zenit, he was also part of the winning team that picked up the Russian Super Cup in 2008, the Russian Premier League Cup in 2003 and featured in the UEFA Super Cup victory over Manchester United in Monaco last August.

With 41 international caps for Russia, Arshavin has scored a total of 15 goals for his country. His versatility has allowed him to play in a variety of positions; the 2006 Russian Footballer of the Year started his career as a right midfielder, but has since played as an attacking midfielder and more recently has filled the ‘second striker’s’ role.

Manager Arsène Wenger said: “We are delighted to have signed Andrey Arshavin, he is a player I have admired for a long time. He is a versatile player with great experience, who will add real quality to our squad. Andrey is an exciting impact player with a huge amount of ability and has been an influential force with both Zenit St Petersburg and the Russian national team in recent seasons.”

After completing his move to the Gunners, Arshavin said: “I am so happy to be joining Arsenal. They are one of the leading football clubs in the world, with a group of fantastic young players and a great manager. I am looking forward to making the Arsenal supporters happy and helping this great Club win trophies.”

Ivan Gazidis, Chief Executive of Arsenal Football Club added: “Andrey was identified by Arsène as a quality creative player that would add something special to this youthful but talented squad. The Board has always backed the manager with his transfer targets and we are delighted to welcome Andrey to the Club where he will help us to challenge for honours this season.”

Due to his participation in the UEFA Champions League with Zenit St Petersburg this season, Andrey will not be available to play for Arsenal in this competition for the remainder of the 2008/09 season.

Andrey will wear the number 23 shirt.