Bellazon

Age Actress Competition

Chocolate

Category 31-35, round 4: Penelope Cruz vs. Sarah Michelle Gellar

Penelope by Dajana

44931celebutopiapeneloprc6.jpg

4493347122556lovk0.th.jpgthpix.gif 80937715zy9.th.jpgthpix.gif 44936penelopecruzmangophe8.th.jpgthpix.gif

Cruz's first major films were Jamón, jamón and Belle Époque, a film which won an Academy Award for Foreign Language Film. In 1997, she starred as Sofía Pangia, alongside Eduardo Noriega in Abre los ojos, directed by Alejandro Amenábar, while in 1999 she appeared in Pedro Almodóvar's Todo sobre mi madre (All About My Mother), which won an Academy Award for Foreign Language Film. In 2000 she appeared with Matt Damon in All the Pretty Horses.

In late 2001, she appeared in the film Vanilla Sky, the Hollywood remake of Abre los ojos. Cruz co-starred with her best friend, Salma Hayek in the 2006 film, Bandidas. In 2006, Cruz received highly favourable reviews for her performance in Pedro Almodóvar's Volver. She won a Best Actress ensemble award at the Cannes Film Festival and has been nominated for an Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award and BAFTA Award. She is the first Spanish Actress to be nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress.

2008 Elegy, Vicky Cristina Barcelona

2009 G-Force (voice), Nine, Broken Hugs (Los abrazos rotos)

(wikipedia)

Sarah by BeRno

73317april05hq01112287lxm7.jpg

73335smgjack122251loqq0.th.jpgthpix.gif 73337cosmomag1122750loux4.th.jpgthpix.gif 78538marieclaireshautespg7.th.jpgthpix.gif

Her debutes were in made-for-television films, TV series, movies etc like An Invasion Of Privacy, Spenser: For Hire Funny Farm, High Stakes, Crossbow A Woman Named Jackie...

Gellar got her first major break in 1992, when she starred in the serial Swans Crossing and was subsequently cast in the soap opera All My Children. In 1995, at the age of eighteen, she won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Leading Actress in a Drama Series for the role.

Gellar left All My Children in 1995 and landed the lead in the 1997 TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The show was well received by critics and audiences alike, spawning a spin-off series (Angel), which featured two episodes in which she notably guest starred. Throughout its seven seasons and a total of 144 episodes, Buffy, and by extension Gellar, became cult icons in the United States, the UK and Australia, particularly as archetypes of "empowered" women.

Gellar attempted to capitalize on her television fame with a motion picture career, and had intermittent commercial success. After roles in the popular thrillers I Know What You Did Last Summer and Scream 2 (both 1997), she starred in the 1999 films Simply Irresistible and Cruel Intentions. Cruel Intentions - with a kiss between Gellar and co-star Selma Blair that won the two the "Best Kiss" award at the 2000 MTV Movie Awards - was a modest hit at the box office, grossing over $38 million in the United States.

Gellar next played a lead role in critically unsuccessful Harvard Man (2001) and starred in Scooby-Doo (2002). Gellar also appeared in the sequel, Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004). Gellar's next film was the 2004 horror film The Grudge, which was a success at the box office.

Gellar appeared in the sequel The Grudge 2, which opened in October 2006. Gellar next appeared in the thriller The Return, which was released the following month. She then lent her voice to two animated films: the animated fairy tale Happily N'Ever After, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. She followed those with a string of films including Southland Tales, The Air I Breathe, Suburban Girl, and Possession. Southland Tales opened at the Cannes Film Festival in May 2006 and was released in the US in November 2007. The Air I Breathe and Suburban Girl were screened at the 2007 Tribeca Film Festival. Suburban Girl eventually went straight to video in early 2008, while The Air I Breathe was released theatrically the same month to generally poor reviews.

She is involved in the long delayed science fiction animation film "Quantum Quest: A Cassini Space Odyssey" which Gellar provides a voice. Possession, currently in post-production, will be released sometime in 2008. Gellar's next movie is : 'Veronika Decides to Die'.

(wikipedia)

1. WHICH ONE IS PRETTIER?

2. WHICH ONE IS MORE TALENTED?