Bellazon

Maria Sharapova
Thumbnail

goose

Masha has finally written another doodle!! :)

Im Coming Back In Warsaw

May 11, 2009

Hello!

I know it has been a long time, but I wanted my next doodle to be the one my fans were waiting for. I am very happy to report that I will make my singles return to the tour in Warsaw Poland, the week of May 18. Although it has not been an easy process these last few months, I really believe it's made me a much stronger person in so many areas of my life professionally and personally. There are so many things you learn while you are limited to something you love doing. One of those things is patience, not my best virtue, but certainly one of my better ones now. Self belief...it's important to have a great team and family helping and encouraging you, but unless you are the one believing, it will not happen. My family and coach have been a tremendous part of this comeback, and I think it's important to acknowledge that without their drive, daily laughs, and endless belief in my ability, I would be sipping a pina colada on a deserted island (not that there's something wrong with that, but playing tennis is just so much more exciting at this stage of my life) .

I want to thank all my die hard fans who never stopped believing in me....your letters and messages have been truly inspirational and something that I always looked back to when I had the low moments. I know it is going to take me a while to get back into the groove of playing tournaments and matches, but I am so excited to be competing again. On other notes...

My birthday was very low key this year (in terms of who knew about it )but one of the best ones I've ever had. Full of surprises, friends and family, sunflowers, bonfires, yummy food, red velvet cake, spa treatments, and of course amazing presents!!

It's been an on going joke with my friend to answer the phone the day before, the day of, and the few hours after your actual birthday as something like this.....Happy Birthday To ME in Australia, Happy Birthday to Me in Europe, Happy Birthday to Me in Florida, and when it ends, Happy Birthday to Me in Hawaii. This is all considering you're in California. I know, so juvenile, but so much fun!

Apart from that and a shoot week about a month ago, I have been training quite a lot in Florida and as you may well know, there's not much to do here except train and cook. My cooking abilities have certainly risen in the last few months, and I actually find it quite therapeutic. For anyone that says cooking is hard...unless you're cooking in preparation for Russian Easter, where people start cooking the week before, it's actually pretty simple, considering you have decent math and cutting skills.

Speaking of food, I got the amazing opportunity to meet Jose Andres who is an internationally renowned chef from Spain. His restaurant Bazaar is one the best food experiences I've ever had in my life and highly recommend it for anyone in the LA area. He signed a kitchen copy of his cookbook Made in Spain for me and I must admit that was my first ever autograph from anyone. The recipes are brilliant and the tomato gazpacho is one of the best I've ever had...and my Spanish trainer agrees!

Finally, if you have an iGoogle homepage, please be sure to check out one of my latest ventures here. OK, I am off to bed as it is past my bedtime but I hope this doodle puts as many smiles on your face, as it gave me to write it. Be sure to log onto MariaSharapova.com for all the latest News and Photos.

See you soon!!