Bellazon

Is Microsoft over after friendly OS out by some big company like google ?

As many of you know that Bill gates is not more who handle microsoft now. If you look around there you see many other OS like Apple - MAC , Linux and Unix type ! Anyway I wanted to know that today Ubuntu - Linux is much popular in youngster.. Also the g-OS also completing its test task. So where did you see microsoft after 10 years later ? Because UBuntu Linux is also a friendly but not easy like Windows ! still in process....

Ubuntu is awesome... but if you really want to get into linux Fedora core gives you way more control... but only if you know how to use it.

... but Microsoft is only getting stronger. Steve Balmer has learned well from Bill and actually, they really learned together since he was there from basically the beginning.

.NET is gaining in popularity and in a lot of places now, it's more popular than Java. Vista, as horrible as it ended up, is still found on %90 new PCs. Even Mac users who use there macs for work run parallels (Windows VM).

Anyway, the trend for new computer buyers nowadays is increasingly moving towards laptops which... not very many people can build their own of like with desktops. Laptops for the most part only come with Windows... even though Lenovo and a few others offer Ubuntu. Why? Because the hardware vendors get a cut of the OS sales. With Ubuntu they don't. It's illegal to charge for GNU software.

Why would a hardware vendor give up a chance for profit off of windows unless the consumer demands linux?

On top of that... meddling with the OS voids software warranties where applicatble.

Also... nobody has as many games as windows. Some companies are under contract to develop their games under ceratin environments. ie. Anytime you see an Intel logo or an NVidia logo on a game's introduction movies.. chances are they used only that hardware to develop. and... usually they use windows. It's been like that ever since DirectX has been gaining popularity. It's very very difficult to find a new game that uses OpenGL... even though OpenGL is better. Programming is just easier in DirectX. It cost less money and investing resource in OpenGL hampers the ability to meet production dates doesn't bring in enough market share to bother with.

Sorry... GNU needs a LOT of support and organization if it is ever to overtake microsoft. That's even the goal for GNU. GNU develops under the belief that software SHOULD be free and people SHOULD have the right to modify their own software. Nowhere does it say that thos two precursors are manditory or say that their goal is to become #1 or anything of the sort.

Linux is gaining popularity because people are getting sick of microsoft's domination of the market... but businesses won't and as long as the latter is good for it, microsoft will thrive.

As many of you know that Bill gates is not more who handle microsoft now.

Bill gates is now Chairman of Microsoft which is still a really high position in the company. He just has a part time role int he company now because he is focusing on charity work.

Anyway I wanted to know that today Ubuntu - Linux is much popular in youngster.. Because UBuntu Linux is also a friendly but not easy like Windows ! still in process....

I wouldn't say Ubuntu Linux is more popular with young people. If anything, the Macs and OS X are becomming more popular with young people than Windows. But a lot of people will still go with Windows simply because they know it. I know I will continue to use Microsoft's products because I like them and they work for me, so there's no reason to use anything else. I'm certainly not going to dip into experiencing OS X or Ubuntu Linux simply because I am annoyed that Bill Gates has amassed a vast fortune out of a company that dominates the market place, even though I am not annoyed that he did.

Also, if it's not easy like Windows, then it's not really all that user friendly. I know people who struggle with Windows, even though it's a reasonably user friendly bit of software.