Bellazon

Roseanne (Rosie) Vela
Thumbnail

nico_blue

Rosie Vela has enjoyed an immensely successful modeling career over the years. Although her name may not be instantly recognizable to the public, her face certainly is.

Her career began rather casually while she attended college. Rosie posed for some photos by a fellow student and became noticed by the Kim Dawson agency in Dallas, Texas. Soon thereafter she signed on with the agency and was placed on the cover of the "Neiman Marcus" catalog. After the death of her husband, Rosie travelled to New York to pursue modeling full-time. While living there she worked for the Wilhelmina and Ford modeling agencies.

Rosie's face has graced many a magazine page since she first appeared in the "Neiman Marcus" catalog. In fact, she's made the cover of "Vogue" 14 times. Also, from 1988 to 1989 Rosie was seen quite a bit in Virginia Slims magazine ads. Most recently, Rosie has has appeared in several issues of "More" magazine, which is published by "Ladies Home Journal."

In the mid '80s Rosie put her modeling career on hold to pursue her musical ambitions. This resulted in her first album, "Zazu," and an unreleased second album. After appearing in a 1993 Calvin Klein show, Rosie resumed modeling on a more regular basis. Today Rosie lives in California, and she's represented by the Bryan Bantry modeling agency of New York.

Here are a few Rosie facts:

Hair - Strawberry Blonde

Eyes - Green

Height - 5' 8"

Birthday - December 18

post-21271-1213298961_thumb.jpg

post-21271-1213298975_thumb.jpg

Wow, what incredible collections you guys have. I am so glad I started this topic. She definetly deserves it! So many gorgeous covers!

Thanks guys. You all rock my world :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

glad I could help nico :wave:

JAL, you're amazing. Your collection of covers blows my mind.

Do you also happen to have Regine?

Wow, what incredible collections you guys have. I am so glad I started this topic. She definetly deserves it! So many gorgeous covers!

Thanks guys. You all rock my world :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

glad I could help nico :wave:

JAL, you're amazing. Your collection of covers blows my mind.

Do you also happen to have Regine?

post-18500-1213396412_thumb.jpgpost-18500-1213396425_thumb.jpgpost-18500-1213396436_thumb.jpgpost-18500-1213396447_thumb.jpg

fmd1.com

:kiss: :kiss: It's great. I am really amazed that some models arent here though. Like Regine, who was so big in the 60 and 70s, also Wilhelmina, who went on to open the agency and Appolonia Von Ravenstein... Also debbie dickenson, Janice's sister whom I like much better than Janice and who worked a lot with Guy Bourdin and had some AMAZING pics.

And I must open a thread for my favorite, Juli Foster :-)