Bellazon

The Beatles
Thumbnail

Passion

• 3 weeks later...

The Beatles Show celebrates the Beatles 50 years

In March of 1957, just weeks after getting his first guitar, John Lennon started a band that, after a number of personnel and name changes, would evolve into The Beatles.

The Beatles Show, the nationally syndicated radio program, will celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the birth of The Beatles, starting the weekend of March 2nd, with an eight part series called "The Beatles 50 Most Memorable Moments". The '50 Moments' consist of the creative, commercial and personal events...both group and solo...that have highlighted their career and shaped their legend.

"It literally took us months to put this list together", said the show's creator and host, Casey Piotrowski. "And there were some raised eyebrows and raised voices along the way. And once the list of 50 was put together, changes were continually made "even while I was in the middle of writing one of the shows", said Piotrowski.

The group of 50 will be presented as a countdown...moving from the 50th 'Most Memorable Moment' to #1. The shows will feature a great deal of specially produced music...from existing Beatles' tracks...in addition to essays explaining the significance of each of the 50 Most Memorable Moments. "I'm always very proud of what we do week to week, but the writing and the production on this group of shows is the best we've ever done", added Piotrowski.

Everything a fan of The Beatles would expect to find on the list is probably there. But, "with The Beatles, of course, there are always a few surprises...and that'll be the fun in it...finding out what's where', said Piotrowski.

The fun for Piotrowski, though, was in putting the list together. "I've always known what a great story The Beatles were, but what this series showed me was that that story was really made up of fifty great stories."

The Beatles Show is syndicated by Charlie Window Productions and is currently carried on the following (great) radio stations.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...