Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

^They're called alfajores - and they're pretty much our sweet snack of choice! (We're the biggest consumers in the world! :hehe: )

Dulce de leche is the "traditional" filling I suppose, but they've expanded to all manner of things. You can buy them in all bakeries and supermarkets, but there are also branded varieties that you'll find in kiosks:

post-11221-0-1446013404-34246_thumb.jpg

As befits their ubiquitousness - more global brands have adapted to include them, so there are Oreo and Cadbury alfajores for example...

Lyon, it was YUM :-D

I bought the dulce de leche cookies from a bakery. We have it here too, but it's not the #1. Peanut butter, vanilla, and chocolate filling are more common.

Baron, is Nutella really ubiquitous in Argentina? We have nutella here too, but it's 3 times more expensive than peanut butter.

^ Plz do tell how the 'steakhouse' food adventure went :whistle:

Gosh it was a while ago. We had new york strip and a ridiculously rich pineapple pie. :=D

Those strawberries will be more than welcome :whistle: . I like duck meat too and their fat makes some really good gravy although I never actually shoot anything but cans when I go hunting :ninja: . Obviously I eat meat so that's not to say I'm morally above those that do the shooting of course. I've had some pet ducks too since they follow you around if they see you first though I try not to let them see me first.

Ducks are cute animals. The duck skin and fat is really delicious.

Baron, is Nutella really ubiquitous in Argentina? We have nutella here too, but it's 3 times more expensive than peanut butter.
^Nutella no - but dulce de leche is an Argentine "invention" and a source of national pride on par with Evita and Maradona! Alfajores come from Spain but, in Almeria where I go at least, they're only really a Christmas thing... In Argentina (and Uruguay) they are the candy bar.

^Nutella no - but dulce de leche is an Argentine "invention" and a source of national pride on par with Evita and Maradona! Alfajores come from Spain but, in Almeria where I go at least, they're only really a Christmas thing... In Argentina (and Uruguay) they are the candy bar.

I've always thought that it was caramel in its best form...:-D I personally believe that if one wants their dulce de leche fix over here...the fastest way is through one of these:

hdminidulcedeleche.jpg

They should be more ubiquitous than actual candy bars made with the confection. I think just about every 'quick stop' (eg. 7-11 )carries it as an ice cream.

Anybody else love flan? :D

flancondulcedeleche.jpg