Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

For breakfast I had about 6 oz. of Unagi (the stuff they use to wrap sushi) with a little chicken & vegetables and a good roll from the bakery.

Then I had  3/4ths of a Lindt 55%.  I am stuffed.  I have 17 Unagi fillets left.  Each one is 9 oz. and cost $10 USD wholesale.  Lindt 55% is pretty decent chocolate for the price ~ $3.40 retail.  Much better than their milk chocolate.  

Cooked-Unagi-Eel.jpgclassic-recipe-bar-milk-chocolate-55-pct0680y000003EmEjAAK

Experiment: Did a  16 oz Aldi/baker's corner pound cake mix with 8 teaspoons of vanilla pudding powder.  This is approx. 2 oz. of powder. and 50 grams of sugar.

Compared to a typical 15.5 oz. cake mix with 2 oz. fluid, half cup butter and an extra egg, which should approx. taste like I added  ~65 grams of sugar, or around 10 1/2 teaspoons of powder

review of the pound cake experiment (when hot)

- added flavor- vanilla and sugar is still somewhat too strong, (even though I used approx. 55% of what I did last time) and overpowering.  I think I will half the amount for a standard cake mix box (15.5 oz) to about 5 teaspoons of vanilla pudding powder each.  Any more and the artificial vanilla flavor will overpower the other flavors of the cake.  Tasted significantly better with dollops of whipped cream with no added sugar in the cream.

-texture of the cake was somewhere in between the last experiment and a cake mix box with no add-ins.  More density due to the pudding weighing things down and the cake rose significantly less.  I prefer less density than this.

-overall the cake tasted much better than the last one but could be improved.

-when cold- certainly will have much less intense flavor and may be better.

Review of the cake when cold:

-Less sweet than when hot, but vanilla flavor is a bit too strong

-Thinking approx 5-7 teaspoons of vanilla pudding powder per cake going forward.  Will start with 5.