Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

On 9/3/2018 at 7:31 PM, CandleVixen said:

So, Cult, is the mung delish? Are you keeping tabs on your glucose too? 

Just curious! 

I don't have diabetes but I try to avoid insulin crashes whenever I can.

Yes, it's good and I enjoy eating it, unlike oatmeal.  mung is well known among half of the world's population but relatively unknown here.  All you do is to boil it until the beans break apart, and then add sugar to taste (medium sized pot only needs 10 teaspoons).  Sugar is actually not even necessary.  It's a bit of superfood as it tastes like a dessert but it's a low GI carb.  It's also really, really cheap especially if you get it from an asian grocer.

also, the protein content is exceptionally high for a plant (10 grams per 150 calorie serving- a big bowl with 300 calories has 20 grams).  These are incomplete proteins though but complete proteins taken elsewhere can activate them.

A lot of fiber.  There are 7 grams of fiber per serving and 14 grams for 2.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 10:27 AM, Enrico_sw said:

^ I like when they do the chanoyu (Japanese tea ceremony).

I did the tea cermony once.  I don't remember much about it- I felt that I didn't entirely "get" it. 

tamagogani

I just ate 2 dried baby crabs- one was okay (grey color), the other one (red) was absolutely disgusting.  You don't open up the shell: you eat the shell! :

crab_o.jpg8989896465_9e5328d6c7_b.jpgo.jpg

overall, gross. won't do it again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was so hungry tonight........... I had two quiches, tarama with bread, a steak with rice and eggplant, a piece of salmon, then I ate all the Roquefort I had left and probably 100g of old comté. That's when I started eating the rest of my bread with some burrata which ended when I had a sudden need for sugar and ate 2 chocolate bars.

I think I'm full now :ermm:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have two Christmas Fruitcakes- they were good on the first couple days and now they're dried up and kind of sub-par.  The first one is from a bakery and the other one is a  manufactured German Stollen.

Fruitcake is not a very good cake. I've noticed that they are usually only sold during the holidays.

holiday-fruitcake-horiz-a-1600.jpgOld-English-Fruitcake-3.jpg1600px-Stollen-Dresdner_Christstollen.jp