Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

So this meal is a Lebanese meal. My mother and father are both from Lebanon. My fathers family is Armenian so I have quite a rich culture and amazing food. Now this one might be a bit weirder to you guys but for us completely normal. The red dish on the bottom is kebbeh. It's raw ground meat and it is mixed with crushed wheat. You drizzle it with olive oil and eat it with bread. Sounds scary for a lot of people but it's one of my favourite traditional Lebanese foods. The middle dish is fattoush. Which is a crispy bread tomato, cucumber and lettuce salad. It has parsley, onions and delicious herbs and spices that flavour it really well. And also there's just some fried meat to go with it all haha. I love my Sunday lunches at home.

IMG_2603.JPG

On 11/13/2016 at 1:48 AM, Kevork89 said:

So this meal is a Lebanese meal. My mother and father are both from Lebanon. My fathers family is Armenian so I have quite a rich culture and amazing food. Now this one might be a bit weirder to you guys but for us completely normal. The red dish on the bottom is kebbeh. It's raw ground meat and it is mixed with crushed wheat. You drizzle it with olive oil and eat it with bread. Sounds scary for a lot of people but it's one of my favourite traditional Lebanese foods. The middle dish is fattoush. Which is a crispy bread tomato, cucumber and lettuce salad. It has parsley, onions and delicious herbs and spices that flavour it really well. And also there's just some fried meat to go with it all haha. I love my Sunday lunches at home.

IMG_2603.JPG

sounds interesting.  the only raw meat I eat is from sushi

had some of the best I've ever had in my life:

Image result for macaron cookie

the inventor of the Big Mac died:

probably the most edible sandwich they have there.

Image result for big mac inventor

I had 2 big macs as of late. 

I understand  why this sandwich is successful.  It's the only sandwich where one can't taste the bad mcdonald's hamburger meat as it gets overwhelmed by the pickles, extra layer of bread, and the thousand island/mayo sauce.

6 hours ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

PRACTICE, PRACTICE, AND PRACTICE making the perfect rice first! Sounds easy as pie but you'd be surprised how many utilitarian sushi spots get this wrong :ninja:

what are your favorite sushi?

I have made sushi many times before but not recently.

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

what are your favorite sushi?

I have made sushi many times before but not recently.

Hmm good question as I love many varieties! To start, when it comes to the nigiri type, I love me some good salmon, fatty tuna, squid, mackerel, uni, and halibut. When it comes to temaki I love them in either yellow tail or the lower grade tuna cuts since they tend to be cheaper and the seaweed wrap brings it all together well. And finally when it comes to sashimi I tend to go for high fat content tuna cuts since it just melts in your mouth. But all and all, I can do almost any fish sashimi style and open to most in the nigiri fashion :yes:

What type of rice do you usual use for your sushi?