Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

^^

The pork knuckle was fine, although a tad dry.  It was a sweet meat and very fatty.  The juices were also sweet.  The sauteed cabbages were spicy and were blended on the skillet with pieces of the pork knuckle.

SB, how do you like lamb?  

My palette is not very used to lamb fat or the aftertaste, so a fatty lamb soup that I had last time was too strong for me to handle.   However, processed lamb or heavily seasoned and spiced lamb is palpable.  It would probably take me a long while to get used to it.

Out of curiosity, how do you prefer to eat lamb?

^

I mostly like roasted lamb, usually on a stick, as in some pics I posted before. In the oven is nice too, though it keeps more fat when done that way. We usually have it seasoned with rosemary (that's the name? it's called romero here). As a stew is really good too, with some onion and peas. I like it more roasted though.

I like that picture of lamb ribs, it looks like it could feed a party.  Is lamb and beef inexpensive?  I've noticed that islands (with no land for grazing) tend to have very high beef and lamb prices but low seafood prices.  Then it's vice versa on the continent.  There is also the reputation of Argentina of having very cheap yet high quality beef.

I miss Pork knuckle.  It is my favorite part of the pig by far.  In Germany it's available everywhere (including fast food!) but in the US it's a rare thing to see on a menu or a food supplier.  I'd need to buy it from the butcher or trek to an obscure Bavarian restaurant in the city just to get it on the fly.

jbvpqBrXESEbSr.jpgjUEixrgGlIwzz_e.jpg

^

I mostly like roasted lamb, usually on a stick, as in some pics I posted before. In the oven is nice too, though it keeps more fat when done that way. We usually have it seasoned with rosemary (that's the name? it's called romero here). As a stew is really good too, with some onion and peas. I like it more roasted though.

^ Sooo...you like food on a stick eh?

:rofl:

More like

post-37013-0-1446013541-62978_thumb.jpg 

I like that picture of lamb ribs, it looks like it could feed a party.  Is lamb and beef inexpensive?  I've noticed that islands (with no land for grazing) tend to have very high beef and lamb prices but low seafood prices.  Then it's vice versa on the mainland.  There is also the reputation of Argentina of having very cheap yet high quality beef.

I miss Pork knuckle.  It is my favorite part of the pig by far.  In Germany it's available everywhere (including fast food!) but in the US it's a rare thing to see on a menu or a food supplier.  I'd need to buy it from the butcher or trek to an obscure Bavarian restaurant in the city just to get it on the fly.

The were leftover of those ribs for a couple of days actually  :laugh:

It's not so cheap, but no so expensive either, though lamb is a bit more expensive that beef. 

Yes, Argentina is known for having great quality beef. Though here, and specially in this area of Chile we have beef as good as the Argentinian. 

I don't think I've eaten it, but in the pics at least it looks great!

I had 500 grs of beef at lunch today... With fries and salads, and some provoleta cheese before. I haven't eaten since  :rofl:

^

Dave, I've made sushi before with friends.  It's quite easy, but rolling the sushis like experienced makers do is something I didn't manage.  I remember it just requires that you buy high quality, fine grained Japanese rice, sterile raw fish, a sushi roller, and dried seaweed.  There's a vinegar-like fluid that is needed to make the rice stick more to the fillings.     Come to think of it, I should stock these materials and make them on the fly.  It's so quick!

post-40981-0-1446013543-11283_thumb.png

^

This is the position.  I'm sure you've had it before, right?  The meat is fatty and layered with fats, and the skin becomes very crunchy.  It's very unhealthy meat, and is best eaten periodically.

The were leftover of those ribs for a couple of days actually  :laugh:

It's not so cheap, but no so expensive either, though lamb is a bit more expensive that beef. 

Yes, Argentina is known for having great quality beef. Though here, and specially in this area of Chile we have beef as good as the Argentinian. 

I don't think I've eaten it, but in the pics at least it looks great!

I had 500 grs of beef at lunch today... With fries and salads, and some provoleta cheese before. I haven't eaten since  :rofl:

post-37013-0-1446013544-08937_thumb.png

^

This is the position.  I'm sure you've had it before, right?  The meat is fatty and layered with fats, and the skin becomes very crunchy.  It's very unhealthy meat, and is best eaten periodically.

No, actually I think I've never had it. Or at least I can't remember.