Bellazon

The Chronicles of Narnia

avadakedavra

Many people remember the books by C.S. Lewis from many years ago about a door through the back of a wardrobe into another world. Well, they've made a movie. Here's the information from IMDB.com and then a link to the high res trailer.

Tagline : There are a thousand stories in the land of Narnia ... The first is about to be told.

Plot Outline: Based on the classic novel by CS Lewis. Four London children are sent to a professors country home in order for protection during World War II. There they find a magic wardrobe which leads to a mystical land called Narnia, which is being ruled by an evil witch. To defeat the Witch, they must join forces with Aslan, the lion God of Narnia, and the great battle between good and evil.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy are deported from London to the house of an eccentric professor during World War II. They find life in the house extremely dull, until Lucy discovers a wardrobe that leads to a magical world called Narnia, where animals can talk and all are ruled over by the wise and benevolent lion Aslan. The others don't believe her at first, but soon all of them go through the wardrobe and discover all is not well in Narnia. The land is being kept in a perpetual winter by the evil White Queen, who turns anyone who doesn't obey her into stone. The children join Aslan and the animals loyal to him in an attempt to vanquish the Queen

To Be Released : 12/09/2005

High Resolution Trailer

I got goosebumps from the trailer. :laugh: So not quite the same reaction. I have to find my books. They're from when my mom was a kid, so I don't know if they're still in one piece. If not I'll have to rebuy them.

And you know people all over are thinking that same thing :laugh:

• 7 months later...

I saw this on opening night. Excellent film! Very well made and they stick to the story of the book quite well, although some things are changed to make it work for the movies. Such as the last battle is 20 minutes long, though the book has 1.5 pages for it. The flavor of CS Lewis' writing isn't really captured, but that's was to be expected too.

Great movie though. You should go see it on the big screen, it's worth it.

• 1 month later...

Amazon.com has started taking preorders on Narnia the Special Edition 2 disc Set which comes out April 4th. I'm excited and will get this 'cause I liked the movie and love to get special editions of things like this.

One thing that bugs the HELL out of me is those DORKS that have posted reviews at Amazon on this product already. Dammit! They have only seen the theatrical version of the movie, they have NOT seen the special edition nor any of the extras. They have not seen the packaging nor the inserts. How on earth can they right a freakin review?!?! They all suck shit!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...