Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

I think opinion and trash talk shouldn't go together though. People take it to far. I don't trash talk models(except above) I usually say what I don't like about them in a nice as possible way. I don't like offending people. But so many people here take one 'not so perfect word' about their 'prefect' model as an insult to themselves, and retaliate by attacking the person who posted.

I think everyone needs to relax a bit (myself included) I only post in defense to that person being attacked.

We need to be discussing models, NOT attacking them with hate. I seriously don't like Adri(everyone knows) or Marisa but I don't outright attack them!

IE: "I don't like Marisa's walk, but her body is so hot that I can't look away"

Quite right, Red. I've been away a couple of weeks and have been reading the posts since then: What's with this sly Rosie-bashing? It appears to have gone unnoticed in the wake of the constant hounding of Selita (comical as it is no doubt intended :ermm: ) and the incredible sensitivity surrounding any criticism of Marisa Miller. But Rosie? Ugly? REALLY? "Rosie is the ugliest girl to ever walk for VS"? (And myriad variations thereof)???

Let's be honest - NONE of these girls are ugly. If so, then outside the confines of the catwalk, we must live in a monstrous William Hogarth/Hieronymus Bosch wasteland of deformed creatures!

Whilst I agree that we should be able to voice our opinions on all the girls, regardless of their popularity (as I've said before just because you are in the majority it doesn't necessarily mean you are therefore right) it should at least be constructive. And simply saying Rosie Huntington Whiteley is "ugly" is certainly not constructive (or, in my opinion, even remotely correct!).

Much like other girls in last year's show, I thought Rosie's walk was a bit duff - though she wasn't the worst offender. I'll stand by it in 2006 though: When she strutted onto the runway in that gate/key ensemble I was instantly smitten... :heart:

Personally, like Ophelia, I do not find Marisa Miller, or Adriana Lima (two massively popular models within and without these hallowed walls) that attractive - but only in comparison with others such as Rosie. Blimey, I'm not going to say they are ugly! I find Adriana increasingly infantile with each passing year - and, personally, it does lessen her attractiveness (but she still can look smouldering in photos); whilst Marisa is, perhaps, the perfect embodiment of that 'California Beach Babe' look. It just happens to be a look that doesn't directly appeal to me.

Am I wrong?

But, come on, when this show finally happens whoever is there is not going to be ugly: They may not look their best, you might feel they are there in place of your favourite, they might seem to have an inflated position that seems unwarranted in comparison to someone else - but they 'aint going to be ugly. Selita is a constant 'whipping boy' on this forum - but, honestly, this is a pretty lady. People call Elise Crombez "mannish", or say that Erin Wasson is "skeletal" - but if you saw them on the street I'm sure you would be bowled over by their actual beauty.

When Rosie finally sorts herself out and marries me all shall be well with the world but, until then, I'm hardly going to turn any of them down now am I?

What a post (Y) . Minus pics, its got all you could want in a post, drama, pacing, it flows. Great job :) .

Hooray for both of you and what you said! I agree point for point! I just get aggravated when certain people can't be objective because they have blinders on and can only see ONE model and everyone else is inferior to her. I LOVE Tori, obviously, but she isn't my only focus on BZ. I post plenty of things about other girls and if I don't have anything nice to say, I don't say it usually. The one model who just drives me nuts has many things about her that when someone swoons and carries on, I just go, "what??" But, if I run across pix of her, I will post them for the ones who love her so much for their enjoyment. I don't dislike this girl because of her looks. It's because of her attitude and she just isn't good at walking and doing the "model" type stuff. :no: She's very one-dimensional but that's my opinion. But, I don't pick her apart and trash talk about someone else's fave. It would be like talking about someone's family member....That is sooooo tacky! :blah: To say unkind things about someone is easy. To look for the good parts of anyone is sometimes tough. Trash-talking because a person is single-minded is just so immature and shows no objectivity. We should all be here because we love fashion and not because of an obsession and need to rip other girls apart because of tunnel vision. This is my humble opinion. :wave: ..........Whew! 'nuff said!

and BTW, I'm totally lookin' forward to this year's show. :ddr: It can't be as bad as last year so we only have up to go! :laugh: I think it's gonna' be more glamourous and sexy because of the set design and the general feeling of the place where it's being held. It's a very, very cool place. :yes: :thumbsup:

Hooray for both of you and what you said! I agree point for point! I just get aggravated when certain people can't be objective because they have blinders on and can only see ONE model and everyone else is inferior to her. I LOVE Tori, obviously, but she isn't my only focus on BZ. I post plenty of things about other girls and if I don't have anything nice to say, I don't say it usually. The one model who just drives me nuts has many things about her that when someone swoons and carries on, I just go, "what??" But, if I run across pix of her, I will post them for the ones who love her so much for their enjoyment. I don't dislike this girl because of her looks. It's because of her attitude and she just isn't good at walking and doing the "model" type stuff. She's very one-dimensional but that's my opinion. But, I don't pick her apart and trash talk about someone else's fave. It would be like talking about someone's family member....That is sooooo tacky! To say unkind things about someone is easy. To look for the good parts of anyone is sometimes tough. Trash-talking because a person is single-minded is just so immature and shows no objectivity. We should all be here because we love fashion and not because of an obsession and need to rip other girls apart because of tunnel vision. This is my humble opinion. :wave: ..........Whew! 'nuff said!

Wow :| . Yeah, I'm not one for bashing models, though I don't have a problem with someone saying they don't like someone's walk or that I would prefer this one or that one in the show :hehe: . It all depends on how its done, I guess. I like to contribute a little if I come across something nice and the thread isn't 500 pages long, of course :hehe: . Kudos to you and others for posting pics of girls you don't like :rofl: . Reminds me of miss :blush: , " I do not like this girl...here are 10 pics...and my scans." :rofl: :blush: .

Thanks to BahianChic on Ale's forum, I've got concept designs of what the resort and stage will look like. It looks amazing.

I don't know... I don't like the fact that there are only seats on one side of the runway. It looks awkward.

But I understand all the complaints...

I don think Marisa's ugly, but if you're a woman and you think she's ugly and you're not turned on by her bod and you don't like her walk, that's fine :) .

I find Ale and Adriana hilarious, but if someone finds them annoying instead, I can understand :) .

I love Miranda and think she is adorable with a flawless bod, but if some feel she is took kiddy face for VSFS, I definitely understand :) .

Is Selita the best tolkein replacement that could have been found? No. And if you would prefer someone else, I can understand :) .

It just all depends on how its delivered :) .

But I understand all the complaints...

I don think Marisa's ugly, but if you're a woman and you think she's ugly and you're not turned on by her bod and you don't like her walk, that's fine :) .

I find Ale and Adriana hilarious, but if someone finds them annoying instead, I can understand :) .

I love Miranda and think she is adorable with a flawless bod, but if some feel she is took kiddy face for VSFS, I definitely understand :) .

Is Selita the best tolkein replacement that could have been found? No. And if you would prefer someone else, I can understand :) .

It just all depends on how its delivered :) .

Exactly! It depends on the delivery. :hug:

I think opinion and trash talk shouldn't go together though. People take it to far. I don't trash talk models(except above) I usually say what I don't like about them in a nice as possible way. I don't like offending people. But so many people here take one 'not so perfect word' about their 'prefect' model as an insult to themselves, and retaliate by attacking the person who posted.

I think everyone needs to relax a bit (myself included) I only post in defense to that person being attacked.

We need to be discussing models, NOT attacking them with hate. I seriously don't like Adri(everyone knows) or Marisa but I don't outright attack them!

IE: "I don't like Marisa's walk, but her body is so hot that I can't look away"

Quite right, Red. I've been away a couple of weeks and have been reading the posts since then: What's with this sly Rosie-bashing? It appears to have gone unnoticed in the wake of the constant hounding of Selita (comical as it is no doubt intended :ermm: ) and the incredible sensitivity surrounding any criticism of Marisa Miller. But Rosie? Ugly? REALLY? "Rosie is the ugliest girl to ever walk for VS"? (And myriad variations thereof)???

Let's be honest - NONE of these girls are ugly. If so, then outside the confines of the catwalk, we must live in a monstrous William Hogarth/Hieronymus Bosch wasteland of deformed creatures!

Whilst I agree that we should be able to voice our opinions on all the girls, regardless of their popularity (as I've said before just because you are in the majority it doesn't necessarily mean you are therefore right) it should at least be constructive. And simply saying Rosie Huntington Whiteley is "ugly" is certainly not constructive (or, in my opinion, even remotely correct!).

Much like other girls in last year's show, I thought Rosie's walk was a bit duff - though she wasn't the worst offender. I'll stand by it in 2006 though: When she strutted onto the runway in that gate/key ensemble I was instantly smitten... :heart:

Personally, like Ophelia, I do not find Marisa Miller, or Adriana Lima (two massively popular models within and without these hallowed walls) that attractive - but only in comparison with others such as Rosie. Blimey, I'm not going to say they are ugly! I find Adriana increasingly infantile with each passing year - and, personally, it does lessen her attractiveness (but she still can look smouldering in photos); whilst Marisa is, perhaps, the perfect embodiment of that 'California Beach Babe' look. It just happens to be a look that doesn't directly appeal to me.

Am I wrong?

But, come on, when this show finally happens whoever is there is not going to be ugly: They may not look their best, you might feel they are there in place of your favourite, they might seem to have an inflated position that seems unwarranted in comparison to someone else - but they 'aint going to be ugly. Selita is a constant 'whipping boy' on this forum - but, honestly, this is a pretty lady. People call Elise Crombez "mannish", or say that Erin Wasson is "skeletal" - but if you saw them on the street I'm sure you would be bowled over by their actual beauty.

When Rosie finally sorts herself out and marries me all shall be well with the world but, until then, I'm hardly going to turn any of them down now am I?

What a post (Y) . Minus pics, its got all you could want in a post, drama, pacing, it flows. Great job :) .

Hooray for both of you and what you said! I agree point for point! I just get aggravated when certain people can't be objective because they have blinders on and can only see ONE model and everyone else is inferior to her. I LOVE Tori, obviously, but she isn't my only focus on BZ. I post plenty of things about other girls and if I don't have anything nice to say, I don't say it usually. The one model who just drives me nuts has many things about her that when someone swoons and carries on, I just go, "what??" But, if I run across pix of her, I will post them for the ones who love her so much for their enjoyment. I don't dislike this girl because of her looks. It's because of her attitude and she just isn't good at walking and doing the "model" type stuff. :no: She's very one-dimensional but that's my opinion. But, I don't pick her apart and trash talk about someone else's fave. It would be like talking about someone's family member....That is sooooo tacky! :blah: To say unkind things about someone is easy. To look for the good parts of anyone is sometimes tough. Trash-talking because a person is single-minded is just so immature and shows no objectivity. We should all be here because we love fashion and not because of an obsession and need to rip other girls apart because of tunnel vision. This is my humble opinion. :wave: ..........Whew! 'nuff said!

and BTW, I'm totally lookin' forward to this year's show. :ddr: It can't be as bad as last year so we only have up to go! :laugh: I think it's gonna' be more glamourous and sexy because of the set design and the general feeling of the place where it's being held. It's a very, very cool place. :yes: :thumbsup:

Wow Such a Nice Posts Defenetly I agree whit what you all say I don't want to repeat what you all said

but my opinion is the same, I really respect everyone opinion and for myself I would never talk bad about

a model that I don't like, I respect everyones way of saying things but there are ways of saying stuff without

insultinc other models that people do like... meanwhile I just ignore those bad and ignorant posts that

really unrespect other models... =)

But anyways... BTW I dont know what to think about the runway is kind of waer...

I defenetly like the other ones were they walk out.. hope that one was just a tryout

or some kind of experiment haha...

There is a list on WikiPedia which lists all of the models that have modeled for Victoria's Secret.

And, Vlada Roslykova is on that list.

So I got to thinking, and (DON'T jump on me!) I'd actually like to see her at the VS show. She'd bring class I think. I don't know... Maybe it's a bad idea but I'd like to see her!

WHAT...THE...F**K... IS... GOING... ON?!?!?!?!?!!!

THEY TOTALLY WENT FROM A SHORT RUNWAY TO NO RUNWAY AT ALL!!! :blink:

THAT LOOKS LIKE A STAGE NOT NO RUNWAY...

I'M BEYOND F**KN PIST!!

AND USHER!!!

OUT OF ALL THE STARS!!

THEY PICK F**NK USHER?!?!?!?!!!

HIS LATEST ALBUM TANKED!!!

THIS MUSIC DIRECTOR NEEDS HIS ASS WHOPPED AND NEEDS TO BE FIRED AS WELL AS LAST YEARS OUTFIT DESINGNER!!!

T.I, RHiANA, NEO, CHRIS BROWN, PINK, OR EVEN NKOTB!!! OR HELL, I'D EVEN TAKE DAUGHTRY!! F**KN USHER??!!!!

I GUESS WHEN I CALM DOWN ILL HAVE A DIFFERENT VIEW...BUT FOR RIGHT NOW...THIS IS BS!!!!

i must say i love the new braw though... :blush:

and i do wish that they would have included ALL of the angels in the commercial... <_<

There is a list on WikiPedia which lists all of the models that have modeled for Victoria's Secret.

Just don't trust everything on that list. At one time they even listed guys. I know a guy or two were in the really old commercials to show the effect the bras could have on men I guess. But that doesn't make them VS models.

Don't worry chicityboy, everything will work out. If they walk it like an x it'll actually be kinda cool. I should do a scibble to show how I mean they should walk. By my way, the reunway is longer because they walk it twice. Hold on I'll sketch a quick something.

WHAT...THE...F**K... IS... GOING... ON?!?!?!?!?!!!

THEY TOTALLY WENT FROM A SHORT RUNWAY TO NO RUNWAY AT ALL!!! :blink:

THAT LOOKS LIKE A STAGE NOT NO RUNWAY...

I'M BEYOND F**KN PIST!!

AND USHER!!!

OUT OF ALL THE STARS!!

THEY PICK F**NK USHER?!?!?!?!!!

HIS LATEST ALBUM TANKED!!!

THIS MUSIC DIRECTOR NEEDS HIS ASS WHOPPED AND NEEDS TO BE FIRED AS WELL AS LAST YEARS OUTFIT DESINGNER!!!

T.I, RHiANA, NEO, CHRIS BROWN, PINK, OR EVEN NKOTB!!! OR HELL, I'D EVEN TAKE DAUGHTRY!! F**KN USHER??!!!!

I GUESS WHEN I CALM DOWN ILL HAVE A DIFFERENT VIEW...BUT FOR RIGHT NOW...THIS IS BS!!!!

i must say i love the new braw though... :blush:

and i do wish that they would have included ALL of the angels in the commercial... <_<

OKAY SO HOW ARE YOU SPECIAL? I'M SORRY BUT I FIND IT SO ANNOYING WHEN PEOPLE TYPE IN CAPS SO THEIR OPINION WILL BE READ MORE!!! AND USHER IS A GREAT CHOICE, NO ONE KNOWS IT YET BUT HE ACTUALLY IS A BRILLIANT CHOICE AND THE RUNWAY PROBABLY WON'T BE SHORTER. GIVE THEM A CHANCE AND YOU'LL SEE THE MODELS WILL PROBABLY GET MORE AIR-TIME.

*Goes back to normal*

So... I see on the PINK segment in the sketch there's a bunch of girls there in a ring... Do you think those are girls or models?

Once again, can't wait!

Okay, here's a super quick sketch of what I think the walk will be like. At first I thought they'd enter from a side, but since I remember the pics had models in the center, I guess they'll start there. For example, a model on the right will walk to here right to the tip of the left side then go to the right side, then exit. Or maybe this will happen in reverse. Here's my quick illustration to go with it. Follow the red arrow from the stairs out.

It reminds me of the Earth and Wind segment from 2000. Also is a sketch of an outfit concept. Again, very quick rough sketch.

PS: This could also be a rough rough rough preview of the stuff I'll post when I start the v concept thead thing. ;)

post-21980-1224806185_thumb.jpg