Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

Sarnic, thanx for the choices:) keep 'um coming...

I LOVE DANIELA

she got my vote!

Emmanuela has always been one of my choices to be in the show...

i hope she makes it...and Irina i had already said she on my dream list, so great choice there too!

Joe, thanx for the pics... AnaBBarrosFan, michelabella and Joe , im glad you guys like those ideas...

i think they can work. I WOULD LOVE THIS IRINA CHICK TO OPEN THE ARABIAN NIGHTS THEME..

of course....thats only if they would ever consider the damn thoughts...

you guys i just hope they R-E-A-L-L-Y make some efforts to improve the show from last year...

as for the flappers little dilema, my ideas was this...

since last year they had like 30 something girls and only used some for one segment, they could just doll up the models that would be in the flappers segment.

on the other hand, i really didnt like the idea of only having some models walk once cause i was dieing to see some more of candice. so, i guess never mind on the previous idea...

i LOVE depech mode's "precious" song...i wish they would mix it in somewhere...or at least the melody..

you know that "wipe out" song from the Dirty Dancing" movie...

you know how it sounds all "surfy and hang ten" like...

there is a group called Violent Femmes that has a similar guitar bass sound in their song..the songs name is "Blister in the sun"

Joe, i think it could go with your beach theme...just a thougt....

guys, i really hope someone that has something to do with the show somewhere is reading all of our ideas and at least takes it into consideration...cause wtf!

if they can let a damn CONTESTANT!!!(GRRRRRRR!!!) walk in the show instead of like someone off Sarnic's list, then, IMO, THEY CAN SURE AS HELL TAKE SOME ADVISE FROM THE PUBLIC...ya know...

I still want Gemma in this guys...is she "too HF" for VS? is that why she hasnt yet?

its a question people, not a statement...

is bruna Tenorio too skinny?

is Coco Rocha to pale?

i still stand by Jessica Van Der Steen...

what about Magdelena F?

i want these women to be in the show as well, eventually...

or am i somking some good shit..and these HF models are too HF for VS?

Hey sarnic, if you can find anymore models like the ones above..i'd love to see more...

i wouldnt know where to go and look myself...i think "curvy" women need to be in VS just as much as the HF ones...

is bruna Tenorio too skinny?

They had Erin Wasson and Lindsey Ellingson in last years show lol I guess they are looking for thin girls now :)

Magdalena would be awesome :) she's so beautiful

Is it just me or does Jerica look a lot like Marisa?

I guess I'm the one most likely to know this or not, but: wasn't Jerica one of the models that participated in the first stop of Marisa's Swim 2008 tour in VS's Herald Square store? I remember some people on the blogs called her a Marisa clone, which is what made me realize this connection. I'd post a pic, but I didn't save any of them, and the pics in Marisa's thread have been wiped out by the demise of Imageshadow. :ninja:

Anywho... I really don't get Emanuela. Lighten her skin and she's just another bland Brazilian model. I mean, if VS is going to bump a black model up in the modeling heirarchy (wait, she is black, isn't she?), then I don't see why they would get a girl who embodies such a Caucasian, lackluster idea of black beauty. :idk:

Here's two more songs that I think would be great both Tiesto Remixes: If you listen to only one listen to the first, you'll love it too.

This is such a sexy song( If a song could be called sexy, this one is). The lyrics are great and you'll hear a sound in the backround that sounds like 'S', 'S','S', 'S'. That's perfect for VS.

Ohmna - The Sun'll Shine (Sunrise Mix)

I'm talking about from 5:30 on. The beat sounds a little like the beat in "Amazing" by Seal mixed more instrumentals. It would be a great final part of a remix.

We all knew it. Adriana's getting the fantasy bra this year.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4k2zX8XScc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4k2zX8XScc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4k2zX8XScc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Adriana is really overdue!

i know some of my ideas have been "trashy" to most..

but hear me out..

its in miami, right?

so when i think of miami i think of, of course beach, sun...

but since im latin, i do think of calle ocho...

calle ocho...cubans...

miami is known for being a huge party city..

i mean...the university of florida was just named the best party school in the nation, if i'm not mistaken..

so aside all the glamour and high class that they normally put out, i say step out the box and

i think it would be great to pay tribute to the party city and cubas with songs mixed in somewhere...

i love both of these songs. mix in some beats or lyrics, or both. id be a happy camper..

all latinos, especially cubans adore the late Celia Cruz, and pitbull is a good rep for his people...his songs always get me dancn. i think hearing the intro to pitbulls song will get the crowd into it from the get go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?=0nBFWzpWXuM&...feature=related.

JoeKnight, i like "tell me" more than the other one..

i love that Adriana gets the bra this year...

what really confuses me is how Selita got if before Ale, Izabel or Adriana?

can someone explain this?

i was reading on the fashion spot that they cant write about the show castings until sept. or something like that...

something about waiting until the real fashion show start casting theirs?

i was laughing when i read this...

thats a little mean..

im still deciding on my final dream list... ill post it next time around..

who do you guys think should be in?

and how many girls? i think last years number was wacky...

i wanted to see more of Caroline W. and Candise...

I prefer the first one too, the second was only part of the backround beat.

I don't get it either. Selita got it too early. And I still say KK's was more fantasy great than her's. Seal stopped singing for the "Hallelujah", when she came out.

I don't really follow fashion spot, but I read that too. It is a little mean.

As far as dream list, my dream show would take about 2 hours. Longer runway, etc. I pretty much liked how '06 did it.

What do you guys like more:

The Angels at the begining: like Femme Fatale '06

or

The Angels spread out: like Come Fly with Me '06

I think maybe VS gave it to Selita that year because they were really trying to really bring her out to the customers/fans. She is a good spokesperson but the customers/fans have only given her a luke warm response. She is cute but just don't possess the "fire" like the other ones.

Well, I am glad that Adriana got it. It is her time and this year has really been on another level for her. That would be a nice way to finish it.

I like the Angels spread out, but that's just my opinion.

Lima is a terrible spokes model, and it has nothing to do with her accent. VS knows this and that was why they hadn't given her the bra, no matter how much they worship the ground she walks on. She was given the bra because this is her 10th year with VS and now they kind of have to. Hell, Selita of all people was given the bra before Lima. Now, why Selita got it before Aless is really lost on me (and I'm not even a fan).

I really love adri and all she does, but she really does need a little more practice in the PR department...

i've watched KK go at it and i jus love watching her.

shes just fun to watch and listen to...

but i still love adri for tryn:)

more music i'd love to hear in the show..

MGMT-TIME TO PRETEND..the whole song is good and has a great melody for them to walk to...

U2-STILL HAVNT FOUND WHAT IM LOOKN FOR..classic song and great melody as well...

COLDPLAY-STRAWBERRY SWINGS...great melody and song...& DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS..from 1:56 on...great melody.

my list was hard..id hate to be the casting director...

*ANGELS of course...

OOH WAIT!!

SPEAKING OF WHICH, IS DOUTZEN AN OFFICIAL ANGEL NOW?!?!?!?!!!!

OMG! I WAS WATCHING ENEWS AND I CAUGHT SOME OF IT ALL LATE!!!

IS SHE?!?!?!?!!! YYYYEEEEEAAAAHHHHH BABY!!! I HOPE ITS TRUE!!!

SO, IF SHE IS, THATS NINE ANGELS...whow...thats a lot, no?

okay my list... * means new.

10)Ana Beatriz

11)Natasha Poly

12)Bianca Balti

13)Anne Vyalitsyna *

14)Candise Swanepole

15)Gemma Ward*

16)Cinita Dicker*

17)Morgane Dubled

18)Ajuma Nasenyana

19)Raquel Zimmerman

20)Rianne Ten Haken

21)Andi Muise

22)Du Juan*

23)Caroline Trintini

24)Jeisa Chimminazo

25)Inguna Butane

26)Lindsay Ellingson

27)Emanuela De Paula*

28)Irina Shayk*

29)Julia Stegner

30)Quiana Grant*

I had Daria and Natalia Vodianova on their but i forget where i read that they'd never do the show..or something like that...

WTF????WHY NOT?

IMO..theyd be great...they have the look and walk...

Was VS TOO trashy for thier standards?

VS is making this "big change" and going classy agian or something like maybe they'll change their minds?

that hurts a little...

i had people like

Jessica white, Freja Beha, Carmen Kass, Eva Herzigova, Bette Franke, Lara Stone, Hilary Rhoda, Erin Heatherton, Jessica Van Der Steen, Sheila Marquez, Jessica Stam, Flavia De Olivera...i can go on and on..

so, weigh in guys..who should be in..

or better yet...

does anyone know who is already in?

15)Gemma Ward*

I had Daria and Natalia Vodianova on their but i forget where i read that they'd never do the show..or something like that...

WTF????WHY NOT?

IMO..theyd be great...they have the look and walk...

Was VS TOO trashy for thier standards?