Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

i wasnt aware i had to brake things down barney style worlds brightest bitch...

IMO...i thought these would be good for INSPIRATION..not to be taken literally..

i even admitted some were a little tacky but i think VS has the brains to work magic with some of them..

cristian dior used sombreros in one of his recent collections..why cant VS?

i dont want to hear that "its been done" crap..this would be a good exception to that rule...

anyway, im letting this shit go already...

you guys think it sucks...

i get it...lets move on....

How about music selection guys?

I would love to hear some M.I.A or Santogold....

George Micheal is coming back this year...imagine if they did bring back the vets(cindy,linda,helena,tyra,gisele,neomi,ect..)

and they stomped and swayed to his freedom song...

you know cause most of these models were in his video...

it would be a great reunion...

hes coming back and touring and i dont think the models would want to do this come back any later than now..

arent most of them in their 40's? i say get them while their still good, sort of speak.

its a strech...i know..

but i think it would be a great moment...

other music would be missy eliot..

she due for her new album as well late this year..

how about a hip hop theme..

ching-a-ling, one minute man(hahaha) ,get your freak on,

i like the fretellies

how about some santana

that i kissed a girl song is kinda catchy...

id love to see bianca, doutzen, kk,izabel and adriana strut down to madonnas Justify my love....

i think jessica should be concidered...shes HOT!!

yeah shes only 5"7...but shes HOT!

jessica_van_der_steen.jpg

No "I kissed a girl", I'll be worrying it would become like another MTV music awards (Madonna and Britney). VS is tooo classy for cheap rating grabbers like that.

I like Ne-Yo's new song "closer" or maybe chris brown's "Forever".

I think if there's going to be a beach theme, these are two good songs. Not the entire song, just part for the VS remix. (sorry one of them is the begining of a Seal song) and the other is Tiesto.

Seal - The Right Life

In Search of Sunrise 6

I would of embedded them, but I don't know how.

these beach pictures are freakn purtty....

did you mean mix both songs together?

your right about neo and chris brown(my husband)

those are two great songs and very popular...

great beats for them to walk to...

given the fact that its going to be held in miami

im starting to be swayed your way joenight...

i think there could be a chance that there might be a beach theme...

all the elements are there...

they make great swimsuits and your in miami...so, why not, right?

how about an arabian night theme..

the songs pussy cat dolls loosen up my buttons remixed with stings desert rose....

arabian_night.bmp

arabian_night.bmp

arabian_night.bmp

I ment either of them mixed with something else. Or together is fine. Do you hear what I mean with the ocean-like beat to the songs. As far as the outfit ideas, they're endless. I can come up with 5 right now off the top of my head. VS should hire me for concept ideas. (I should really draw some of these)

An outfit covered in tiny shells

Scallop shells to cover the bra

A fishy like outfit

A sexy volleyball player

Sexy lifegaurd

wow. I'm liking that idea of Sting desert rose remix. Arabian nights could be the new addition in the Sexy Russian / Highland Romance path.

Yeah, i hear what you mean...

i like it and i agree...

your outfits sound cute sofare...

but, whats a scallop?

i know its sea food, but how does that look?

is it like an oister shell?

lol, sorry but i hate fish..

im all about the meat...

did you guys ever think that since kanye was suppose to perform but couldnt, last year...

that he might have the chance to do it this year instead?

i would hope so, i love his new song homecoming...ooh, maybe he could get chris to perform it with him..

i would love it if he would open with flashing lights...i love that song...

i do wish VS would concider bringing him back...

i forgot to add the songs..

the fratellies-flathead

santogold-l.e.s. artistes

santana-maria maria for the latin theme...(i wish theyd consider)

m.i.a.-galang, boyz,

this seems to unimaginative and predictable

how about a 20's flapper theme..

like roxy's evil sister, like a bad girl theme, ya know..

song m.i.a's paperplanes mixed with Chicago's "all that jazz" or something like that...yes? no?

some one had mentioned to stop with the themes and just go back to the just great lingerie...

i somewhate agree..

2005 had breathless pieces...and the older videos were cute as well...

but TO ME, IMO..

they started looking too much alike...

with "themes" to the untrained eye...

they could get away with it a little more, they wouldnt noticed that the actual underwear were too alike and outfit would distract them from that...

i would LOVE IT if they could continuously put out great stuff like 2005.

but again TO ME, IMO

they fell short of that in 06 and 07, or maybe my expectations were too damn high and in reality they were great pieces..

i dont know though, themes are really helping it out, once again, IMO.

I think if done well, and not overly-costumey; a flapper/20's theme would be very classy. A bit romantic and elegant: lots of black and beige lace with pops of colors like deep purple and red. Pearls and perhaps a feather or two. I can see it.

Not bad chicityboy.

I like that idea ^ that would show more of them "going to their classy side" and it would be nice to see them flapper style with red lips and smoky eyes or something...something different from the usual "naural angel makeup and hair" :drool: and the colors would be amazing if they did a flapper stlye thing, deep purples,reds,greens,magenta,black,pearl white, etc..

Well, the makeup HAS to stay neutral because smokey eyes and red lips don’t exactly match with every color scheme. Not to mention that the time frame to remove/re-do makeup is well... nonexistent. Even then, if they could apply just some black eye-liner and dark mascara it could enhance the Flapper theme, but would still have a cohesive enough look for other themes.

As for Katja I've seen plenty of people want her back. Personally, she had her shot in 06 and she was lack-luster. She's gorgeous but she was boring and her spot is better taken up by someone with more personality and looks like she WANTS to be there. (My only exception is Eugenia Volodina... she can look as bored as she wants. :wub:)

Are you refering to VS stuff as trashy? Either way, Izabel can make anything look classy and elegant. That's why she has the contract. But this thread is about the VSFS 08, so let's not turn it into a disagreement. Agreed. :flower:

Back to VSFS 08 stuff. The more I think about it the more I like that Arabian Nights theme. Good call chicityboy.