Bellazon

EURO2008 Championship

Chic_Raul_ista

CONGRATULATIONS RUSSIA!!

Where did this team suddenly come from?? I think the Dutch were too laid back, but the future for them looks great and I agree with you Michael but it really sucks. I wanted to see Holland go far this time but football is about the 90mins on the day and they just couldn't do it.

I can't believe it! Holland out! I knew from the start that it was too good to be true, teams that flourish early in the tournament hardly ever take the title home! I am so devastated now! I wanted to see a revanche between Italy and Holland, but its never gonna happen this tournament. :cry:

So who can take up the challenge for Holland for world cup 2010? Guus Hiddink again? LOL

Well, the Euro is not going very surprising if you ask me.

There's always some surprises, it's just normal (like the one yesterday). Russia totally outplayed Netherlands, congrats to the guys.

Not surprising? The team that finished second in the groups has beaten the group winners in all three QFs played up to now. I'd consider that super-surprising...

It's all normal.

Tell me one championship, that has been straight and without any surprises, that's why I'm telling it's not nothing new!

Euro 2000 wasn't all that surprising. The best four teams made it to the semis.

Anyway, how great is Guus Hiddink? He has gotten out of the group stage with his teams in the past five international tournaments he's been a part of, and he's made it to the semis three times.

96 - Holland - QF loss to France

98 - Holland - SF loss to Brazil

02 - South-Korea SF loss to Germany

06 - Australia 2nd rnd loss to Italy

Will this be the time he takes them one step further?