Bellazon

Sarah Silverman
Thumbnail

spring{fever}

060307_sarah3308819_1e.jpg

Early life

Silverman, the youngest of four daughters, was born in Bedford, New Hampshire. Her mother, Beth Ann Silverman, was George McGovern's personal campaign photographer and founded the theater company New Thalian Players. Her father, Donald Silverman, was a social worker by training who ran the discount clothing store Crazy Sophie's Outlet. Her family is Jewish, the descendants of immigrants from Russia and Poland. Sarah appeared in community theater at age twelve. Her high school was The Derryfield School in Manchester, New Hampshire. At seventeen, she performed stand-up comedy in a restaurant, singing a song she called "Mammaries". She then attended New York University and continued her stand-up in Greenwich Village.[6][7][8][9]

[edit] Career

Silverman first received national attention in the 1993–94 season of Saturday Night Live, as a writer and featured player. She was fired after one season because only one of the sketches she wrote survived to dress rehearsal, and none aired. Bob Odenkirk, a former SNL writer explained:

I could see how it wouldn't work at SNL because she's got her own voice, she's very much Sarah Silverman all the time. She can play a character but she doesn't disappear into the character -- she makes the character her.[6]

Silverman claims being fired by SNL via fax upset her greatly. She parodied the situation when she appeared on The Larry Sanders Show episode "The New Writer" (1996), playing Sanders' new staff writer, whose jokes are not used because of the chauvinism and bias of the male chief comedy writer, who favors the jokes of his male co-writers. She had a recurring role on Larry Sanders for its last two seasons.[1]

Silverman was a featured performer on the HBO sketch comedy show Mr. Show (1995-97). She made TV program guest appearances on Seinfeld, in the episode "The Money" (1997); on Star Trek: Voyager, in the two-part time travel episode "Future's End" (1996); on Greg the Bunny as a series regular (2002); and on the salacious puppet television comedy Crank Yankers, as the voice of Hadassah Guberman (2003, 2007). She had small parts in the films There's Something About Mary, Say It Isn't So, School of Rock, The Way of the Gun, Overnight Delivery, Screwed, Heartbreakers, Evolution, School for Scoundrels, and Rent, playing a mixture of comic and serious roles. Her stand-up comedy act, a one-woman show, was released in 2005 as a feature film, Sarah Silverman: Jesus Is Magic. As part of the film's publicity campaign, she made several high profile appearances, including online in Slate, as the cover subject of Heeb magazine, and performing in roasts on Comedy Central of Pamela Anderson and Hugh Hefner. In 2005, Silverman played a therapist in a skit for a bonus DVD of the album Lullabies to Paralyze by the band Queens of the Stone Age.

Silverman was a guest star in a second season episode of the USA cable program Monk, a fictional television show about a detective. She played an obsessed fan of a fictional television detective. Thus the plot was an implied meta-reference to the show itself, and a meta-joke about Monk's characteristic obsessiveness.[10] She returned in the sixth season premiere. According to the audio commentary on the Clerks II DVD, director Kevin Smith offered her the role that eventually went to Rosario Dawson, but she turned it down out of fear of being typecast in "girlfriend roles". However, she told Smith the role was "really funny" and mentioned that if the role of Randal Graves was being offered to her she "would do it in a heartbeat".

On Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Silverman parodied sketches from Chappelle's Show, replaying Dave Chappelle's characterizations of Rick James and "Tyrone", as well as a Donnell Rawlings character based on the classic miniseries Roots. The parody addressed a popular rumor that Silverman was the planned replacement for Chappelle after he left his popular television show.

In 2006 Silverman placed #50 on Maxim Hot 100 List.[11] In 2007 she placed #29 and appeared on the cover.[12] She made the cover of the The Observer in Britain, with an article naming her "the world's hottest, most controversial comedian".[13]

On June 3, 2007, Silverman hosted the MTV Movie Awards. During her opening act, she commented on the upcoming jail sentence of Paris Hilton, who was in the audience:

In a couple of days, Paris Hilton is going to jail... As a matter of fact, I heard that to make her feel more comfortable in prison, the guards are going to paint the bars to look like penises. I think it is wrong, too. I just worry she is going to break her teeth on those things.[14]

Then, on September 9, 2007, Silverman appeared at the MTV Video Music Awards. Following the comeback performance of Britney Spears, Silverman mocked her on stage, saying, "Wow, she is amazing. I mean, she is 25 years old, and she has already accomplished everything she's going to accomplish in her life. It's mind-blowing." Silverman called Spears's children "the most adorable mistakes you will ever see" and imitated Spears's vagina with her mouth.[15]

On her boyfriend's show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, on January 31, 2008, Silverman appeared to show him a special video. The video turned out to be a song called "I'm Fucking Matt Damon", in which she and Damon, a frequent target of Kimmel's jokes, sang a duet about having an affair behind Kimmel's back. The video reportedly created an "instant YouTube sensation".[16] Kimmel exacted his video revenge, on February 24, 2008, by enlisting a panoply of stars to record his song "I'm Fucking Ben Affleck".[17]

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
her video with Matt Damon was hilarious imo :ninja:

Yeah, but Jimmy Kimmel still owned her later on with his video featuring Ben Affleck :laugh:

Back on her looks... A fine pair of breasts, a nice body and that's just about it. I'm not a particular fan of her face, but to each their own.

An unfunny piece of garbage. Yeah she's cute but would you want a woman who is grabbing her ass and crotch in public like in the pics above? That to me makes her incredibly vulgar and ugly. :no:

We're not posting pictures here because she's funny or not, it's because she looks good. And yeah, she's grabbing her ass, but she's a comedienne. It is an act...I doubt she does it on a date in a restaurant. But to be frank, (I'll be earnest if you rather), I wouldn't care what she grabbed if I could have a go at her. :whistle:

An unfunny piece of garbage. Yeah she's cute but would you want a woman who is grabbing her ass and crotch in public like in the pics above? That to me makes her incredibly vulgar and ugly. :no:

We're not posting pictures here because she's funny or not, it's because she looks good. And yeah, she's grabbing her ass, but she's a comedienne. It is an act...I doubt she does it on a date in a restaurant. But to be frank, (I'll be earnest if you rather), I wouldn't care what she grabbed if I could have a go at her. :whistle:

Well you have your opinion and I have mine. I'm critcizing her meager attractiveness because in a lot of the photos Silverman takes she is dressed hot but grabbing her crotch, ass, etc. and I find that action to nullify any pleasantries she has on the eyes. I don't care if you're Petra Nemcova, if you are going to act like a pig then I get turned off. If others can overlook such things then good for them. :wave:

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
She's quite pretty, for a Jewish girl... ;)

By the way, I'll move it to Other Females Of Interest. She's not an actress, she's a comedian (and a questionable one, IMHO) :p

imgsarahsilverman184120.jpg

index60972c.th.jpg sarahsilvermancrotch026.th.jpg 191312f496617cc9.th.jpg

she is an actress. she has had substantial roles in feature films. just because she is a writer/comedian doesn't mean shes not an actress. look at tina fey.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0798971/