Bellazon

Hey, smokers...

Remain

Being a non-smoker, I've been wondering something for a while :ninja:

I don't want to start a debate, I'm just genuinely curious and seeking to understand things better from your point of view. Given all the cons the general public knows about, it's hard to ever hear the other side of the story, especially in such a generally relaxed place as this forum.

So here's my main question for you:

Why did you start smoking?

(If your surroundings, area or culture influenced you, I'd be very curious to hear where you're from, as well)

Also...

Do you regret smoking? Honestly?

(You don't have to lie for my sake! :laugh: )

Thanks for any input :D

Being a non-smoker, I've been wondering something for a while :ninja:

I don't want to start a debate, I'm just genuinely curious and seeking to understand things better from your point of view. Given all the cons the general public knows about, it's hard to ever hear the other side of the story, especially in such a generally relaxed place as this forum.

So here's my main question for you:

(If your surroundings, area or culture influenced you, I'd be very curious to hear where you're from, as well)

Also...

(You don't have to lie for my sake! :laugh: )

Thanks for any input :D

(N)BZ :p <_<

There's already an existing thread, sweetiQ. :p

Where? :o

EDIT: I'd like to specify that I'm not looking for a general discussion about pros/cons of smoking, etc. I already know what non-smokers usually say :ninja:

People only really smoke for one reason. It releases tension and stress. That's the upside - if that's what you were wondering - and it is very effective in that respect. Nicotine seems to help me think more clearly as well but that's probably just because my brain can't function without it anymore. And of course it also decreases appetite.

This sounds horrible but anyone who's been a smoker for a couple years or more has, at least once in their life, smoked an extra two or three or twelve cigarettes in place of a meal.

I started smoking fairly late in comparison to most. I was 18 and things weren't going so well for me. At that point it was either become an alcoholic or start smoking. I went with smoking and it honestly helped out quite a bit. Thanks to cigarettes I can now interact with other people on a nearly competent level.

I can't really say that I regret smoking. It would be like regretting that you don't exercise enough or don't have the best diet or that you never learned how to pole-dance. (maybe not that last one) Though the downside is a little more obvious with smoking. It's just one of those things that you keep on doing even though you know you probably shouldn't simply becuase you like doing it. Like pole-dancing.

Hope some of that information was something like what you were looking for.

People only really smoke for one reason. It releases tension and stress. That's the upside - if that's what you were wondering - and it is very effective in that respect. Nicotine seems to help me think more clearly as well but that's probably just because my brain can't function without it anymore. And of course it also decreases appetite.

Ok i'm young,,15/16 whatever....I've tried smokin a couple of times,i mean who doesn't try it at my age,,

but what i wanna say is I seriously don't know how people can get addicted to smoking!??,every time i've tried it i just couldn't finish one,,i know thats a bit girly but i mean i just cant understand how some people can get so addicted and smoke 20 or 30 a day!?

Its madness :confused:

My whole family smokes so that makes it harder but i bet I'll get addicted to them someday too :|

I started because...Idk...I wanted to see what it's like...then I got addicted lol...but then idk...It didn't bore me but I kinda got tired of it so i quit... and I seriously don't regret it.... cuz I was lucky to be able to quit...I didn't get THAT addicted...but what bothered me the most about smoking is that my hair stank alot :ninja: :rofl: and I can't sleep if my hair stinks like cigarette smoke :lol: idk what more to say... :laugh:

I don't think this question has a clear answer, because there are diverse reasons ... sometimes not even you know why did you actualy start smoking. Me? idk, i guess it was a thing meant to happen.

If i would regret, i wouldn't be smoking. I have to admit that there are times when i wanna quit but i don't really want that so i keep smoking ... it's a vicious circle.

i started smoking cloves back in my 'im way too cool' goth days

and then picked up the habit again when i bartended and realized that

the only staff in the restaurant that got breaks were smokers lolololo

do i regret it? im n ot a hard core smoker

its hard to worry about a few cigs a day when im breathing

eating and drinking things that are toxic for me

smoking is also ritualistic for me, a time where i actually relax.

I think the majority of us started smoking for one of two reasons..curiousity and peer pressure, or maybe both. Was both for me. I was about 15yrs when i tried my first one. Was with my school friends who btw all seemed to smoke. This girl offerd me one and i was like yeah sure why not..Im 21yrs now and altho i still smoke i wouldn't consider myself a smoker. I can go for days without one. Then again i could easily go thu a packet on a night out, all depends really. Altho i usually go thu a packet a week(20 in a pack) If im offerd one i don't always take it. I choose when to smoke, i never need a one.(totally understand what you mean Supermodel Diva) People then ask me well if you not addicted why do it? The truth is i actually enjoy it. It's a very socialable activity. So i can safely smoke in the knowlege that i can stop when i want too..Wouldn't be smoking in my 40s 50s etc etc

• 6 months later...