Bellazon

Inès de la Fressange
Thumbnail

Korravai

197811aaniw.jpg

looking through the 80s and 90s fashion, I keep seeing this beautiful , black-haired model. So, I present to you:

22gaoz.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In%C3%A8s_de_la_Fressange

Inès Marie Lætitia Églantine Isabelle de Seignard de la Fressange (born 11 August 1957), is a French [former] model, designer of fashion and perfumes.

She was born in Gassin, Var, France. Her French father (a marquis) was a stockbroker, and her mother was an Argentine model. She grew up in an 18th century mill outside Paris with three brothers. Her grandmother was Madame Simone Jacquinot, heiress to the Lazard banking fortune.

In the 1980s, she modeled for photographer Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel, becoming his muse, but in 1989, they had an argument and parted company. Ines does not now model very often. She is now a businesswoman with a chain of clothing boutiques, a designer and a consultant for Jean-Paul Gaultier.

In 1989, she became one of the series of models whose image represented Marianne, the French national emblem of reason and liberty.

In 1990, she married Luigi d'Urso, an Italian railroad executive.

2dbtly1.jpg1977

elbjmo.jpgwith Karl Lagerfeld

zv4io2.jpg

Even muses have trouble getting dressed. “I’m the type of person who wakes up and has nothing to wear,” says Inès de la Fressange, a roving ambassador for Roger Vivier accessories. Though she was once a model, a muse to Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel, the official face of the Marianne (“It’s like the French version of Uncle Sam except with big breasts”) and the designer of her own clothing line, she refuses to take fashion too seriously. Her style is a simple mix of T-shirts, tailored trousers and cropped jackets, worn with piles of accessories and a sense of humor. “I’ve always been the bouffon du roi,” or court jester, she says. “One time, before I walked onto a runway, I burned the top of a cork from a wine bottle and smeared a moustache above my lip.”

~By ALEX HAWGOOD

Published: August 26, 2007

NYtimes.com

freaking cool k!!! i had no idea she modelled in the '70s!!!!

she was one of my fave runway girls in the 80's

when she walked down the runway, she got your attention

she had so much energy and you could tell she was fun and full of humor

ill see what i can find on her to help the thread out,

she was karl's muse for nearly a decade, she certainly deserves

some love on this board :wub:

lol, my initial hunt wasnt that successful, but i found a little something

everything that i found you already posted, all except for this

qrhdzp.jpg

i do have an elle from the mid 90's that did a spread on her featuring her wearing her

clothing line and ill scan it up.

im going to try to find some you tube vids of her on the runway

she truly was a joy to watch

Well done Korravai and PD! :bounce: :) Inès certainly does deserve a thread. She (and Marie-Sophie) define glamorous French model-hood to me.

Not sure what I have but will dig through "the pile" over the next few weeks to find out.