Bellazon

Last movie you saw...

Legion

On 9/27/2016 at 11:13 AM, SympathysSilhouette said:

2016 has been a pretty poor year for films. The best new release I saw was "The Nice Guys". But even that was a bit of a letdown.

I enjoyed that one, although it wasn't a patch on 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang', my favourite Shane Black film.

The best thing I've seen in the last six months or so was probably 'Hell or High Water'. It was fairly derivative of other films at times, but just so engaging from start to finish. Felt like a breath of fresh air to a point, and anything with a soundtrack by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis always gets my vote. :hehe:

5 hours ago, Michael* said:

I enjoyed that one, although it wasn't a patch on 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang', my favourite Shane Black film.

The best thing I've seen in the last six months or so was probably 'Hell or High Water'. It was fairly derivative of other films at times, but just so engaging from start to finish. Felt like a breath of fresh air to a point, and anything with a soundtrack by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis always gets my vote. :hehe:

I haven't seen that one yet. But it does read like something I would enjoy.

Another film I mostly enjoyed was "Blood Father". But even that isn't something I expect to remember very fondly five years from now.

My favorite movies that I saw this year were slightly older fare, like "Memories of Murder", "T-Men", "Les yeux sans visage", "The Hitch-hiker" (the Ida Lupino version), ...

I'm coming around to the now well-established idea that most of the best writing is now done on TV.

14 minutes ago, katchitup said:

2016 has been a pretty crummy year for movies. The horror/thriller movies that came out so far this year have all been really well done and exciting. Though thats been the trend for the past couple years..

I did like "Hush", now that you mention it.

And "The Conjuring 2".

"Masterminds"

Based on a true story.Lots of slapstick, a couple gross outs.

Okay overall. Mary Elizabeth Ellis was sadly underused.

''The Magnificent Seven'' 2016

Good performances from everyone. Another eccentric

character from Vincent D'Onofrio to enjoy. Nice scenery,

costumes etc. Caught a couple of obvious goofs though.