Bellazon

Last movie you saw...

Legion

I'm so happy I watched Boyhood. It was so amazing. I highly recommend people watch it. It's a 10/10 for me. So groundbreaking and a unique movie which will go down in cinema history. I feel so amazing to have been able to see this. It's a look at a boys life but it's not about major events. We don't see major events we just see unique moments in this boys life.

I saw The Expendables 3 today, have to say that I did enjoy it though. Great nostalgia for me as a long-time action fan. Loved seeing The Terminator, Punisher, Mad Max, Rocky, Blade and Han Solo kick some ass. Not going to win any Oscars but it's harmless fun.  :gocho:

Into The Woods -

Do yourself a favor and don't watch it. It's awful and cringe worthy, the only reason why i couldn't end my torture was because my nephew was with me and I thought he would be upset if we didn't see the ending but when the movie was over he literally said it's the most boring movie he's ever seen and the kid is five years old and loves absolutely every Disney movie. Meryl Streep is the only decent thing about it and I think it's completely ridiculous she even got an Oscar nom. It's a boring and dull movie and it shits all over the Disney movies I've come to love so much. I give it 2/10, not 1 because Meryl.

Just a couple of movies I've seen before and watched again over the last few days. I've been in an action movie mood and just been going through my Bluray/DVDs.

Planet Terror

Death Proof

Captain America: The First Avenger

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit

Pacific Rim

Dumb and Dumber (1994)

I don't understand how this is a cult classic or whatever. It was nauseating for me to watch, some parts were funny, but the two main characters really embody the point of being dumb way too much. The stuff they did in the film very rarely was funny, and often more frustrating to watch since you wonder how could someone be that stupid. Didn't even bother watching the last few minutes. 3/10

Into The Woods (2014)

I had high hopes for this film. I really did. I thought it would be great considering the trailers seemed very good, and Chris Pine made it extra likeable. However the film was once again a pain to watch, and I genuinely wanted to punch some characters at some points throughout the film. Other times there were minor plots that were left totally unexplained and seemed particularly pointless in the general outcome (looking @ you Rapunzel). Not even Chris Pine (who has done many shitty movies in the past, but they were still so fun to watch) could make me like this film, even Meryl's character got annoying, and Emily's and I love those girls :( Red Riding Hood and Jack were the hardest to try to like. I find it absurd it has so many positive reviews. 3/10

Dumb and Dumber (1994)

I don't understand how this is a cult classic or whatever. It was nauseating for me to watch, some parts were funny, but the two main characters really embody the point of being dumb way too much. The stuff they did in the film very rarely was funny, and often more frustrating to watch since you wonder how could someone be that stupid. Didn't even bother watching the last few minutes. 3/10

If you don't like Dumb and Dumber we can't be friends :rofl: :rofl:

Birdman. Cracking movie, a very interesting take on the way Hollywood actors are viewed by fans of the theatre and how some are crushed under the weight of their most famous roles. I'd have no problems seeing Michael Keaton get the Oscar nod this year.

Birdman. Cracking movie, a very interesting take on the way Hollywood actors are viewed by fans of the theatre and how some are crushed under the weight of their most famous roles. I'd have no problems seeing Michael Keaton get the Oscar nod this year.

I just watched that too lol. It was so amazing. It was comedic but dramatic at the same time. Wonderfully well fleshed out characters. Superb film. The long takes are genius. So far my fav Oscar contender I've seen. You and I seem to share similar movie tastes my friend :)

Wild - 6/10 

It was just meh. I'm still not sure why I should be inspired by this woman and her real life story o.o. It was interesting at some points but very boring in others. The images are amazing tho, I totally want to do PCT now :ninja: I didn't love the end tho, me and my sister were very WTFed by it.

American Sniper - 1/10

Now, I know we have a lot of American members and I'm sure some will disagree and blablabla but this movie is just absolute bullshit. First of all it contains one of the things I hate the most in based on real life movies: historical mistakes, and goddamn it the movie is from this century why on earth did they make the decision of changing the whole thing? Is Clint Eastwood retarded or does he think everyone who watches movies is retarded?. This movie is basically a two hour long anti-Muslim propaganda where literally every American is good and literally every Arab/Iraqui is either a terrorist, friends with the terrorist or a greedy mothefucker, there is literally not a single one Muslim portrayed as at least a decent person, this is the kind of movie that promotes hate, it's so bad that the bad guy (a Muslim, of course) wears black all the time because the metaphor of the movie is that bad people are wolves. Then there's the fake baby, no shit, a plastic baby ... In multiple scenes. Really? How is this movie nominated for Awards and shit is beyond me o.O.

The Theory of Everything - 10/10

This movie is perfection. Everything is just perfect Eddie Redmayne kills it with his portrayal of Hawkins, I love that they didn't portray him as a hero or a Saint, just a human with issues and struggles like we all have. I'm very picky with movies and there's absolutely anything bad I can say about this one. The music is also amazing, I madly loved the score. So far it's my favorite nominee and if Eddie doesn't win Best Actor it's just BS.

Watching some more tomorrow, I have a tradition to watch every movie nominated to the big five categories to the Oscars every year and I downloaded almost all the movies already

I just watched that too lol. It was so amazing. It was comedic but dramatic at the same time. Wonderfully well fleshed out characters. Superb film. The long takes are genius. So far my fav Oscar contender I've seen. You and I seem to share similar movie tastes my friend :)

This is the movie from this award season I'm most interested in seeing. I keep hearing from everybody how amazing it is...I love the concept of the film. I've got to see it asap  :)

About American Sniper...I've heard alot of the same thoughts Clauds. I'm gonna try to watch that one tomorrow with an open mind.

American Sniper- I tried to leave the politics out of this but it was just too damn hard. I agree this movie is clearly anti-muslim and portrayed every muslim in this movie as brutal killers,and most times, as being backstabbers. They did put in the occasional soldier/idea that disagreed with what they were doing, which saved the movie from being totally MERICA. 

But even putting politics aside, the story was ehh, the acting was good, but not amazing (I like Bradley, but not sure he should have been nominated) and Sienna Miller's character annoyed the crap out of me, and I don't know why. And thats not to put down the women she was actually playing, just Sienna's weird acting mannerisms (she was biting her lip constantly and it drove me nuts).

AND THAT FAKE BABY. :banghead: Like there wasn't anybody on the set, the crew, anybody that had a baby to lend? NOBODY? :blink:  Hell you could probably walk to the local convenience store and people would let you use their baby for free, so the fact that they couldn't somehow get a real baby was beyond me :blink:

5/10.

The Guest - This was a weird one. The music was awesome and Dan Stevens was good as the bad guy main character. It was definitely a good B popcorn flick with fun action but the story was just stupid and the characters were a bit dumb. But it was a fun movie to watch.

The Town that Dreaded Sundown - This was a remake of a horror movie with the same name from the 70s. It was very interesting especially for a slasher. Which I love. I love cheesy slasher horror movies so I enjoyed this one. It reminded me of the 90s slashers that were my fav growing up. The ending and killer reveal was a bit lame and rushed but overall I thought it was good. The editing was great and the kills were good. Also the lead girl was a great actress. She did well.