Bellazon

Rosie Tupper
Thumbnail

tinkerbelle

Accompanying article

Inside model Rosie Tupper’s intimate farm wedding

by DANIELLE GAY
10 September 2018
Australian model Rosie Tupper married The Rubens’ Sam Margin in an intimate wedding set in rural NSW.

“I met Sam in New York while he was on tour. I was living there at the time and went along to see them play,” said model Rosie Tupper of her romance with musician Sam Margin, from the band The Rubens. Tupper says she knew Margin was the one “immediately” and while they enjoyed a long distance relationship for some time, one Sydney November day in 2016 changed everything. “He picked me up from the airport in the morning. He told me he had a surprise for me and kind of hinted that it would be a champagne breakfast in the Botanical Gardens. We walked down through the gardens to the harbour and put a picnic rug out. Sam got out our favourite champagne and made out like that was the “surprise.” Then he whipped out the ring,” recalls Tupper. “I was in shock and Sam was terrified! I said yes and we polished off the champers.” They married on January 18, 2018 in a summer wedding set in rural New South Wales.

The couple married in an extremely intimate ceremony at Denbigh Farm in Cobbitty, NSW. “Sam grew up in Camden and the venue for the wedding reception was at a family friend’s farm nearby,” says Tupper. “They were very generous in letting us use the space as they only ever use it for friends’ functions and charity events. It was beautiful, relaxed and mixed indoors and outdoors really nicely. The views of the lake and paddocks made for really amazing pictures on sunset.” Their wedding was low-key and didn’t adhere to tradition – they didn’t even have a formal wedding photographer. Instead, Tupper’s friend, fashion photographer Nicole Bentley, was a guest at the wedding and took intimate portraits of the pair on the picturesque property. Videographer Giulia Giannini McGauran captured vision for the couple to edit into a wedding video.

The bride and groom admit they were a “little too relaxed” when it came to planning their wedding. “Sam’s mum ended up taking the reins with the planning, thank god,” jokes Tupper. “We went for lunch together and she made a list of things to do and it all went smoothly from then on.” They let the rustic charm of the venue dictate the styling – using hay bales for seating, mismatched furniture and festoon lighting strung across the farm house. “We just wanted everyone to feel relaxed for the entire evening, including ourselves.”

The night before, the couple held drinks for their guests at Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel. Tupper describes the morning of her wedding as “really nice and relaxed.” “I spent it with my family, we had lunch in the city near our hotel and then walked down to the rocks. I spent the afternoon with my sister getting ready.”

At the reception, guests grazed on a cheese board and the couple cut a six-tiered banana cake, which was made by her friend. White blooms by florist Ellie Papadatos were used to decorate the farm house-style space.

The couple took their first dance to Medicine Hat by Pond.

The bride wore a vintage dress, while the groom wore Dior and Façonnable. “Right after we got engaged I was op-shopping in Surry Hills and I happened to stumble upon this beautiful vintage dress from the 1920s,” says Tupper. “I loved the pale pink colour of it as I didn't want a traditional white dress.” The bride says it fit her perfectly when she tried it on, like it was made for her. “This one just felt right as soon as I put it on,” she says and she added Stuart Weitzman shoes to complete her wedding day outfit. Tupper wore her hair down, in a look that was created by hairstylist Koh, and her sister did her make-up. “My beauty look was quite minimal,” she says. “I wore a pair of silver Ellery earrings, they were my only accessories.”

As for the most memorable part of the day? “There was an amazing sunset that got everyone out onto the lawn to watch and take pictures,” she says. It was during this moment that her friend and photographer, Nicole Bentley, stepped in and took intimate portraits of the couple on their big day – the perfect wedding gift!

Scroll through to see the rest of the images from their big day.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HOMECOMING – A project with Bassike by kidsofbill & Peter Van Alphen

FILM BY: KIDSOFBILL
PHOTOGRAPHED BY: PETER VAN ALPHEN
PRODUCED BY: EMMA KALFUS, KARLA CLARKE & STEPHANIE HUXLEY
ART DIRECTION: STEPHANIE HUXLEY
STYLED BY: EMMA KALFUS & KARLA CLARKE
TALENT: ROSIE TUPPER @ IMG
HAIR: TRAVIS BALCKE
MAKEUP: SAMANTHA P @ VIVIENS CREATIVE
WORDS: TATIANA RATTIGAN

side-note.com

SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE-780x1093.jpg SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE2-1560x1047.jpg SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE3-1560x964.jpg SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE4-1560x1083.jpg SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE5-1560x1854.jpg SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE6-1560x1233.jpg SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE7-1560x1069.jpg SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE8-1560x1141.jpg SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE9-1560x1177.jpg SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE10-1560x781.jpg SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE11-1560x872.jpg SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE12-1560x1112.jpg SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE13-1560x784.jpg SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE14-1560x1419.jpg SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE15_alt-1560x1111.jpg SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE16-1560x1179.jpg SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE17-1560x1643.jpg SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE18-1560x1038.jpg SIDE-NOTE_BASSIKE19-1560x818.jpg

• 5 weeks later...