Bellazon

Barbara Palvin
Thumbnail

sarnic

Anyone reading this thread, please note. My tastes and @bump's are often in total (or super close) agreement. Her comments above on the editorial--and the subsequent three pics posted--are an example of why I value her opinions so much. I couldn't have written any of that better. Totally agree. And @Jud, thanks for posting the explanation screen shot. I guess my thinking is that I didn't like those magazines when they were a big thing. Why do that again? And why use Barbara (and especially Dylan) to do an homage to something that was tired when it was new? Maybe I'm harshing there, but this woman has such talent in front of a camera. :/ 

20 hours ago, Jud said:

Maybe this help to understand this shoot🙂

09D05B8F-690F-420B-AD21-5BA0D8EAECB8.jpeg

oh cool! I never read any of those magazines, but I"ve heard of them and have a general idea of what kind of content they had. I can definitely understand the editorial a bit better now. I don't understand how the 1920's flapper pictures that I like fit into the cheesy teen mag thing, but oh well, those pictures were great! thanks for posting this and the editorial as well. I love the idea of having all of Barbara's work on this thread, even if I don't always like it. There's been plenty of work of hers before that I didn't like and I'm sure there will be plenty more. 

thanks for posting the VS pictures! I like that they are normal, every day Barbara. That's not what I expect or want from VS, but I do like the pictures. They look more like UO or F21 pictures, but whatever, they're cute and fun. VS is not glamor anymore, they're normal everyday stuff now, but oh well. Times change. 

19 hours ago, BAGGOT said:

Anyone reading this thread, please note. My tastes and @bump's are often in total (or super close) agreement. Her comments above on the editorial--and the subsequent three pics posted--are an example of why I value her opinions so much. I couldn't have written any of that better. Totally agree. And @Jud, thanks for posting the explanation screen shot. I guess my thinking is that I didn't like those magazines when they were a big thing. Why do that again? And why use Barbara (and especially Dylan) to do an homage to something that was tired when it was new? Maybe I'm harshing there, but this woman has such talent in front of a camera. :/ 

WOW.  I love that you and I really do think the same with a lot of this stuff, but to see it stated here is awesome. I know a lot of the models you like just from talking to you over the last year or so, but I still love it when I go to a new thread and you're there too! 

and I agree with everything you said here about the editorial. I do understand a bit better now, though. I never looked at any of those magazines, but I have an idea of what content they had, so it makes a bit more sense, but as I stated above, I don't understand how the 1920's flapper pictures fit in? I really liked those ones though. But I'm glad there's an explanation to it and that Jud was kind enough to post it. But yes, Barbara is very talented and she's gotten so much better over the years even though she started out being a strong and adept model. I love that her career has gone this far and I can't wait to see what else she's going to do. 

On 10/27/2020 at 5:30 AM, Playboyuniverse said:

I agree her shoots are more and more boring years after years !

yeah, I agree as well. But she is one of my favorite models for years now, so I'll stick around. I like her work for VS, but I would like to see her branch out to other brands, and not just editorials. I would love to see her do some lookbooks for some kind of fashion brand or something.