Bellazon

Barbara Palvin
Thumbnail

sarnic

So this is gonna be long...

Barbi: Nowadays I'm very sensitive, i cry a lot. But it's understandable: everithing is happening so fast around me, i meet incredible people, Sometimes i can't even believe it's happening to me.  For example couple weeks ago, when i flew by a private jet. When i got on the board, i started to cry, i was so grateful for everything. 

You cry because it's touching you?

First of all yes, but i also cry because of love. When we broke up with my boyfriend couple months ago, i cryed a lot. But since i live in nyc i've become  stronger.

This was your first tough break up?

He was my first love, it was over after 2,5 years, and we haven't even talked ever since.

Do you miss him?

Of course, we've been friends for 3 years before this relationship, i hope, we'll be able to talk to each other again, 'cause we grew up together.

Why it ended?

Lately i had more and more job, so i traveled a lot and it was irreconcilable with a relationship. I'm over it now, but i don't want a boyfriend for a while

How should i imagine your life? How much time do you spend in a city?

Before i came home, i was in NY for ten days, now i'm home for a week, after that i'll travel from one place to another, almost everyday. Earlier  i've spent two months in london, paris, milano, tokio, so these are the palces that i know. of course when a stay in a city for just a couple days, the only thing a see is the airport and my hotel room.

After your Cosmo-cover in february you achieved huge successes: we saw you in a lot of campaign as a l'oreal ambassador, you attended  at the Golden globe, you were the face of intimissimi, and of course the vs fashion show... how did it change your everyday life?

Drastically. Especially after the vs fashion show the change was dramatic. At the time it affected me badly. Subsequently i have to say it affected my career in a good way. But i felt awful.i received a lot of vindictive letter on social sites. it never happened before.

The biggest international magazines wrote  that you and justin bieber started to date. But what happened really?

Nothing on earth! one day before the show i was at the fitting, and we were introduced to each other. After that i asked my followers on twitter 'who do they want me to take a picture with?' other than him i took a picture with bruno mars and with others too. but they made upthis story about me and justin bieber. Later at the golden globes i met with selena gomez and i told her that nothing had happened. she apologized for uploading that picture.

Your life really is enviable? I mean, traveling, being among stars, attending to gorgeous parties, this sound so alluring. But is it really as good as it sounds?

It's really enviable, of course i don't want anyone to envy me,but several time i myself don't believe that this is happening to me. That i can meet with such talented people like i did at the golden globe: talking to Steven Spielberg or Leonardo DiCaprio, and to go to amazing. 'm so grateful for my fate... The dark side of this life is being apart from my family and the people i love. or not being able to have a date with your boyfriend. And of course i can't change drastically  on my look, for example i'd love to cut my hair down but i can't, it's in my contract. But it worth it, because i love it.

I guess everyone tellyou how beautiful, sexy and cool you are. An average girl doesn't get that much compliment. After all this how can a guy take you off your feet?

Aaah, nobody ever tells my things like that. (laughs) Seriously, i like when a guy doesn't sue for my hand, just tries to know me, i like when we can talk for hours without a break. i need a guy who can keep me interested.

You said,you don't want a relationship for now. How the single life of Barbi will look like?

Okay, i'll tell you there is a guy that like. he's got a fantastic sense of humour, and green eyes. He is older than me, around 30 and he is also in this bussines. But i won't tell more...!

For more than 2 months now you live in new york. Have you settled in already?

I live with my model friend Stella in an appartement. She helped me a lot to settle in. She took me everywhere with her and now i have a group of friends. When we're not working we organize programs...

This may in Cannes for the second time you attended to the film festival as a l'oreal ambassador. Last year your outfit was the "Lookof the day" by the french Vogue. After that was it hard to choose your outfit for this year?

Yeah i was a little scared from this, but i got the title again... so i was happy. Last year i was so nervous that didnm't even know what is happening around me, this year i could enjoy it more.And it was such a good experience that Milla Jovovich walked next to me on the red carpet and at the screening  Matt Damon set behind me. 

Long time ago, before Cannes and the Golden globes you said you woulud love to be an actress. Is this still the plan?

Totally! There is an agency who would work with me i could try myself as an actress. But i don't know if it is the right time for this. a role would mean 8 months drop-out from modeling which is a safe point now, and i love it, so i'm still thinking. But there is an other opportunity: I work on a new L'oreal  campaign in Paris with Woodkid , he was the director of the commercial spot. He also wrote songs for Lana del Rey, and directed a music video for Rihanna and Katy Perry. He heard me singing at the shooting so he invited me to a studio to know my voice better and he told me that he wants to work with me as a singer. Now he is writing me a popsong, i'm very excited. but there is a little fear in me.

What do you fear from?

First of all, apropos of acting. If i succeed i'll be famous.

But you are already! Your pictures are at the cover of the biggest magazines, there are articles about you! What is it if not fame!

Of course but it doesn't make my life up side down...  When they wrote about me and Justin Bieber and the whole drama was so scary to me! They wrote about it everywhere, paparazzis were following me everywhere. i needed my bodyguard to come with me everywhere. So if i start acting and i succeed i wil have to take care of every single thing i do or wear. i couldn't be totally free. I1mnot saying that i don't wanna be really famous, just maybe it's not the right time.

Do you have any unrealized dreams in modeling?

I'd love to work for Gucci or Cavalli.

When will you have an angel contract with VS.

It's on the way. I don't worry. They say if you shoot with them and they choose you, it's a straight way to become an angel.

What do you do to stay succesful  in modeling? How much do you pay attantion to you look?

I do pilates, and if i feel that i ate too much unhealthy food, for 5 day i eat only fruits and vegetables and i regulary go to the sauna.

Do you use make-up in the dailies ?

If i go out always. A light foundation, a mascara,red lipstic,

That's it! I didn't type every single word she said, but most of it... :)

Bambi515......You are an angel......Thank You....Thank You.....Thank You....Flower%20for%20you.gif Flower%20for%20you.gif Flower%20for%20you.gif

Who is THAT guy she talks about.....Green eyes, around 30 years old, fantastic sense of humour....I think I have an idea.....at least I think i do....he works for VS ....maybe I am wrong..

Barbara, please listen.....MOVIES ....not music...You have the perfect ,angelic face for the silver screen and your "lack" of height in modelling makes you perfect for films( where most successful male actors are vertically challenged and choose to work with shorter petite actresses )

Thanks for all the updates everyone :flower:

Barbara looks good in those new VS pics and the ones with Candice and Behati are cute. I love seeing her with the angels.

And that was a pretty nice/interesting interview. I like how Barbara seems to just keep it 100 and not beat around the bush lol.

I do think the break up brought her back down to earth and matured her more and I wonder who is that mystery guy she is talking about lol :shifty:.  And I do hope she gets her wish and becomes an angel one day.