Bellazon

Alexis Bledel
Thumbnail

Manly

Alexis Bledel as Rosie the Riveter

For its 70th anniversary issue, Glamour magazine is celebrating seven decades of female risk takers, rule breakers, and style makers. Today's biggest stars recreate these famous figures for a gorgeous photo shoot. Here's your inside look at Glamour's Icon Portfolio, on newsstands March 11th.

post-774-1236182345_thumb.jpg

In 1942 the U.S. government commissioned the “We Can Do It!” poster, which featured an image of a character who became known as Rosie the Riveter. Her biceps-revealing shirtsleeves and determined look were meant to motivate American women to step out of the kitchen and into the factory to replace the men who had been pressed into service during World War II. And millions did just that, paving the way for us to pull down paychecks more than 60 years later.

“She’s a symbol of women getting things done. It shows that strength is beautiful.”—Alexis Bledel, 27, of this summer’s comedy Post Grad

source: LJ, ohnotheydidnt

• 1 month later...

Mon, 27 April 2009

Alexis Bledel: Slacking on the Birthday Present Front!

Alexis Bledel hits up NYC hotspot Tenjune for a Stolichnaya-sponsored Tribeca Film Festival after-party on Sunday (April 26).

Earlier in the evening, the 27-year-old actress wore the same cut-out cute dress to the premiere of her new movie, The Good Guy. At the after-party, I asked Alexis who designed her gorgeous dress. She whipped a cheat sheet out of her clutch and spelled out the designer’s name for me. “C-U-S-H-N-I-E E-T O-C-H-S.” Yes, Cushnie et Ochs. It was a glorious moment having Rory Gilmore spell a word for me considering the fast-paced dialogue she had on Gilmore Girls.

post-19430-0-1446060714-80045_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...