Bellazon

Weight Loss

Liliana

I always like to keep fit and slim,I can conclude my experience in

1-watch what you eat,eat everything,but small amounts,no depriving at all,

2-lots of water,but before meals not after,if after eating,then makes it after about 30 minutes.

3-working out,most important exercise,walking,with some time for belly exercises,like crunches.

4. moving and not staying alot in one place.

• 7 months later...

Last year, I lost a few pounds, and it wasn't an entirely healthy way of loosing weight.

I first started by counting calories, and lowering my daily intakes (my lowest was around 700kcal a day), and I had a few "interventions" by my family,

so I put a few pounds on, and then felt miserable, so I would lose them again, and then again I'd put a few pounds on, etc.

Last year I had 139lbs (63 kg), then 121lbs (55kg). I now weigh 127lbs (57,5 kg) at 5'9 (175cm), and lately when I eat, I eat too much, or I don't eat enough.

I never purged.

My parents want me to gain more weight, constantly making me eat more (processed food).

Now I'm wondering whether I can keep this weight and be healthy, without worrying and thinking about food.

• 2 months later...

Well I recently lost about 10-15 kilograms in 2 months - which I have been told is a fairly healthy rate to go - and I couldnt be happier with how I look now.

:ddr::gocho:

The thing that Ive learned and what I tell my girlfriend who is losing weight is

DROP THE PILLS / STARVING / INTENSE GYM SESSIONS

Those are ALL either unhealthy AND/OR merely SHORT TERM solutions. (N) (N) (N) (N)

Instead, if you want a long term and heatlhy solution - change your lifestyle. Bold statement, I know, but it works. I started with my exercise. Because im a uni student working 3 jobs and in 9 societies - I am really busy and dont have time for gym. Instead, I take other measures to make sure im doing the required fitness. For example, instead of taking a bus, I'll walk (youd be surprised how many people would take a 2 min bus ride instead of walking for 10 minutes) and since Im somewhat poor, it doesn't hurt the wallet either :p

ANd sometimes, if Im eating or reading something long, instead of sitting, I might just take my food/book and stand/stroll around while doing so. These might seem like REALLY minor adjustments to your life but they REALLY (cant stress this enough) change you subconsciously so that you become someone who is active

Also, I drink a lo t of water. And probably THE MOST important component is what I eat. I ditched my life-time favourites of salty McDonalds burgers and fries and chicken and spring rolls and etc and started eating organic, nutritional and wholesome stuff. My diet these days are:

-Yoghurt (almond and honey! YUM!) & fresh blueberries

-Salad

-Boiled egg

-Pasta (minimal sauce, oil and salt) and only a little

- Salmon (smoked and grilled....yummmm)

-Vegetables (EVERYTHING from onions to pumpkins to potatoes to carrots to beans to tomatoes etc)

-Chicken (grilled/smoked)

-Nuts (almonds, peanuts, walnuts, macademia nuts etc) - only a little a day

-Couscous

-Lots and every kind of fruit

-Oats and Baguettes instead of white bread

And the occasional beef/lamb. I look up superfoods and make food with them. It was gross at first (cannot relay to you how unhealthy a person i used to be) but in no time, its gotten to me and I am 100% honest when I tell you that frnech fries/spring rolls just dont do it for me like they used to.

My rule is also to indulge once in a while (for me personally, its once or twice a week) in a bit of chocolates or a smoothie - because it won't hurt and secondly, if you don't indulge yourself and go full-on with this new lifestyle, you are BOUND to hit a wall and binge on junk food.

Balance is key! Good luck its do-able and youll be so happy when you see the changes!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Forgot to say, yes I eat small meals too now.

Better to have lots and lots and lots of tiny meals/snacks (healthy ones i mean!) than stuffing your face.

Its practically a rule that you should eat till youre SATISFIED not when you're bloated. If you should never be experieencing feeling "full" - that means its too much. Makes it harder for your body to process that food.

... and try to avoid eating at night (after dinner). Your body is in shut down mode.

^ Perfect-similar to my lifestyle-but I always remember that the best way to keep slim is to not eat at all,well not so but eat too little-hard but it's the truth-sometimes you have to eat too little,as even fruits and veggies sometimes give us extra pounds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My personal diet secret is to not starve yourself and do a lot of sports.

Try to eat healthy, but don't forbid yourself to eat chocolate, ice cream, cheese or whatever your craving is.

And if you do a lot of sports you also burn a lot of calories.

I think that's the healthiest and easiest way to loose weight-Instead of trying those crazy trend diets.

By the way, the Victoria's Secret Angels have amazing diet and workout plans- If you want check out my website (see signature), I got a collection of diet plans, workout routines, beauty secrets and recipes of each Angel :)

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Losing weight, I believe is the most difficult thing to do. I've been trying to lose weight, since high school. I may have reduced a couple of kg's but obviously not more than that. That's mainly cause, I'm so not regular with whatever exercise I do. I wish I could find some motivation. Just too lazy.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...