Bellazon

Weight Loss

Liliana

Drink a lot of water. It's like the only thing that has negative calories and your body really needs it.

Do endurance sports like jogging, swimming or cycling.

And try to change your eating habits to eating healthy.

Try to eat 5 days of the week healthy and on two days you can eat what you want.

That's what I'd suppose. Try to loose weight healthy.

• 3 weeks later...
Drink a lot of water. It's like the only thing that has negative calories and your body really needs it.

Seconding this! Water is a miracle worker. I keep a bottle (or glass, I guess..) of water near me all day, so that when I'm thirsty I reach for that first instead of drinking something loaded down with sugars and goodness knows what else :yuckky:

(I mean, a common soda can taste real good, but it's a horrible thing to put into your body!)

I've also found a huge difference comes from combining a more active lifestyle with small serving sizes. I eat whatever I want :drool: , no wacky diets - I just eat things in small servings. My stomach shrinks a little, I stop craving such huge amounts of food, and what less food I do have feels good and fulfilling. (And I'm not taking some dangerously small amount - normal servings... not restaurant-size, and definitely not "value meal" size. <_< )

The main things I've been cutting down in amounts are sugars and dairy. (You can cut out some carbs, if that makes you feel better... me personally, I enjoy the foods too much!) I still enjoy my sweets every so often, but instead of 4-5 times a day like I was, I enjoy maybe 1 a day.

I've been doing this for about two weeks, and already am noticing a change in my weight. Small changes make a big difference, just stay with them!

And of course, stay active. (Even when you're not at the gym, or in an 'exercise' environment) The trick that helps a lot is to keep the body moving as often as you can. Walk whenever possible. Stand up and move whenever possible. Try not to stay sitting in one place for too long. And if you can do something so that it takes a little more effort, take the effort and get yourself moving. Go up the stairs an extra time! Small steps to get yourself moving throughout the day can help get you ready for more intensive things such as Running or Bicycling. <- Personally, I find these to be more rewarding than a gym.. but that's personal preference.

(Or hey, you can be like me and try Dancing. Now there's a fun workout! :))

no diet really helps and no eating? :p

diets work all the time, if you keep them right. no eating = weight loss no matter wha*

If you wanna loose weight, see your BMR then create a deficit of 30% in it & all you need to do after is count your calories, you can eat whatever you want as long as it stands in that caloric limit. + as some person above said drink lots of water, it keep your body runnin'.

no diet really helps and no eating? :p

diets work all the time, if you keep them right. no eating = weight loss no matter wha*

If you wanna loose weight, see your BMR then create a deficit of 30% in it & all you need to do after is count your calories, you can eat whatever you want as long as it stands in that caloric limit. + as some person above said drink lots of water, it keep your body runnin'.

I think the only problem is that you at some point will stop doing the diet and then the body puts on weight again.

You need to find a way of eating healthy and doing sport that you can keep doing for a long time.

Diets work - but in my opinion only as a short term solution.

oh i'm doing it all wrong then lol.....i've lost over 30 lbs in under 2 months by eating under 1000 calories a day....but i DO drink loads of H2O!!!! i was tired of too much weight on my person after i had my son....but i feel better now that i've lost the weight....unfortunately it was the wrong way to do it :ninja:

oh i'm doing it all wrong then lol.....i've lost over 30 lbs in under 2 months by eating under 1000 calories a day....but i DO drink loads of H2O!!!! i was tired of too much weight on my person after i had my son....but i feel better now that i've lost the weight....unfortunately it was the wrong way to do it :ninja:

Diets are only good for short-term goals. The moment you stop dieting and go back to eating how you were before, you will gain back most, if not all of the weight. Losing weight and keeping it off is all about changing your habits for life. Eating healthy, exercising several times a week, drinking lots of water... you'll keep the weight off if you commit to making lifestyle changes.

In order for me to get all the vitamins, nutrients, and minerals I need each day, I take a liquid vitamin that has so much more of what I need than a regular vitamin. And then I take a scoop full of powdered organic fruits and vegetables and mix it with 6oz of water and 6oz of pineapple juice (very tastey!). It not only makes my body feel great, but it helps flush out toxins and lets me eat a little bit more of the stuff I want without feeling guilty. :)

So I swim a 500 every morning.

Run 3 miles a day.

And I do a lot of yoga and cheer work outs like crunches and pullups.

The best advice I can give you food wise is to make smart choices.

In my opinion their are a lot of healthy things that taste just as good

as candy but are ten times better for you. Like fruits for example, I freeze grapes

and it's just like eating popsicles. Rather than eating three regular meals eat four small snack meals when you feel hungry

during the day and then eat a proportional dinner. Try to make it healthy too though,

not a lot of potatoes, a small amount of meat for protein but not fatty, and steamed veggies always.

As for drinks, keep to water because it is the only thing that is guaranteed not to pack on the extra pounds.

If your working out heavily sometimes you might need something with added electrolytes but I never go for the Gatorade. In my opinion it does no overall good for you because it too has added sugars. Instead (I know this stuff isn't the best tasting) I go to the store and find children's pedialyte which is designed not to fill with sugars but simply replace lost electrolytes.

And whatever you do, don't drink vitamin water. It's a common misconception that it is good for you but in all honesty it actually makes you gain weight. It has vitamins and electrolytes...BUT it also has a lot of sugar. I believe there's 13 grams of sugar per serving. Each bottle is 2.5 servings and 150 calories (most people drink the whole bottle though). When working out I just do water. I don't want to consume sugar and calories while I'm trying to burn calories and fat. That's just my opinion. It sure tastes good though!

If your working out heavily sometimes you might need something with added electrolytes but I never go for the Gatorade. In my opinion it does no overall good for you because it too has added sugars. Instead (I know this stuff isn't the best tasting) I go to the store and find children's pedialyte which is designed not to fill with sugars but simply replace lost electrolytes.

Not snacking in between meals??

Isn't it better to have small snacks, and small meals? :p (in essence, there being not a big difference between snack and meal size)

I've been doing that.. always works for me :ninja: