Bellazon

(Vote) Best and Worst Remakes of Rock Songs

Joe > Average

(Vote) Best and Worst Covers of Rock Songs  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these do you think is the greatest rock remake?

• All Along the Watchtower – Jimi Hendrix
    • With A Little Help From My Friends – Joe Cocker
    • Piece of My Heart – Big Brother & Holding Company (Janis Joplin)
    • Love Hurts – Nazareth
    • Somebody to Love – Jefferson Airplaine
    • Roll Over Beethoven - The Beatles
    • Come Together - Aerosmith
    • Hey Joe - Jimi Hendrix
  2. 2. Which do you think is the worst cover of a rock song? :ninja:

• You Shook Me (AC/DC) – Celine Deon
    • My Generation (The Who) – Hilary Duff
    • I Love Rock N’ Roll (Joan Jett and the Blackhearts) – Britney Spears
    • Satisfaction (the Rolling Stones) - Britney Spears
    • We Will Rock You (Queen) - 5ive

Vote for the best and worst remakes of rock songs of those provided. Also discuss your general favorites.

1. Order these based upon your own opinion of greatest. If you haven't heard the origninal, just judge by the quality of the song ;) .

2. Order these based upon your favorites (separate list).

3. Order the other list based upon your opinion of worst :D :ninja: .

There can be no excuse for the any of the acts of vandalism in your list of "Worst Remakes" - but, that said, at least Dolly Parton is a credible artist.

The other efforts are tantamount to aural barbarism. But my particular disgust must be aimed at Hilary Duff and 'her' version of My Generation.

Not only is this simply unlistenable - it also completely misses the point and the ethos of the song.

Record Company vampires sucking the life out of music and sounding the death knell of Youth Culture 659bloodyfangedvampirewp8.gif

The best is the hard one for me to choose... My bests of anything in music are based on mood... And at one time or another I like just about all the songs list there joe... and I know the remake I choose today will be different tomorrow... the Hey Joe is really a cute one JOE... :D

As for the worst, I really haven't found any really good cover songs, have you?

I have heard some off the popular stream of bands that sang songs the exact same way as an orginal and liked those, but I am not a fan for the industry trying to "improve" the sound of a classic... after all in my view... its a classic because of the sound

azgirl, they're all remakes :ninja: .

:)

You're right about Dolly, Baron. I might actually take her off since the song probably isn't bad in itself. Great choices SS, especially for the best (Y) (Y) (Y). I still haven't voted, but I'm really on the fence with the worst though...maybe I should post the videos :pinch: :laugh: .

:rofl: Forgot about those :rofl: Which "One" did U2 do? Metallica's? :rofl: . I also can't help but mention "Behind Blue Eyes" by Limp Bizkit, "Sweet Child O' Mind" by Sheryl Crow, "American Pie" by Madonna and "Knocking on Heaven's Door" and "Fuel" by Avril Lavigne :| :ninja: . I still like Avril though :wub: .

"With A Little Help From My Friends" is the best for me, because it's such a drastic re-working of the original, and I once read that John Lennon considered it the only Beatles cover he ever liked.

That said, "All Along the Watchtower" is an amazing song.

I voted that butchering of "Satisfaction" as the worst, because of all the songs in rock and roll history, that's the one that most deserves to be spared such humiliation. :ninja: