• Like a Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan
  2. 2. Best Rock Song With the Group's Name In It

• Who Are You? – The Who
    • Black Sabbath – Black Sabbath
    • Killer Queen – Queen
    • Bad Company – Bad Company

Vote for the greatest rock anthem.

RULES and Such

1. I eliminated songs from the 1950s and prior because those are the songs that laid the foundation of rock music, so I didn't want to run the risk of them not getting the votes that their impact would warrant.

2. I for the most part eliminated a lot of songs from the 80s-now because I wasn't sure whether enough time has passed to tell whether some of them have really stood the test of time and grown to a bigger impact and visibility than their cult following :ninja: since the focus is songs that go even beyond merely the parameters of die hard rock fans.

3. And BTW, just in case someone is thinking, "hey, such and such is the greatest and it's not there." The question is not "greatest of all time," it's "greatest of these" :ninja: . But if someone has a great suggestion and gets it in before voting really gets going, I'll add it :flower: .

4. Also, please list them in order of greatness (in your opinion) and also in order of your personal favorites (two lists). You can list all 15, or narrow it down to 10 or 5 if you wish (though I would prefer atleast a top 10 :whistle: ).

5. Feel free to discuss anything on the subject as well. If you feel that you just can't chose, your opinions are still valued :flower: .

Well, I shaved it down to 10 :laugh: . But are you sure"Rock n' Roll" and "Break On Through" isn't an anthem? :dontgetit: If it isn't, do you have any suggestions? (criteria: post-50s, yet stood the test of time).

If you want to change your vote, I think I can pull some stings :shifty: If I erase the one you voted for and put it back :ninja: , that might give you a fresh start :yes: .

But anyway...Special Acknowledgent to...

Panama by Van Halen

Jump by Van Halen

Paradise City by Guns N' Roses

I Love Rock n' Roll by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

Rock n' Roll by Led Zeppelin

It's Only Rock n' Roll (But I Like It) by the Rolling Stones

Rock n' Roll All Nite by Kiss...

This is pretty hard.

For me it's a 4-way split between My Generation, Back in Black, We Will Rock You and The Boys are Back in Town.

:pinch:

but my favourite of these would have to be Revolution. The distortion on their guitars in just insane! Though I wouldn't call it an "anthem".

We Are the Champions: I love shouting it, but I hate hearing it.

I have far too many to choose from here.. classic rock and heavy metal was once my favorite music back in my closed minded only rock music ruled days... I am much more diverse now.. which even makes a choice more dificult since I now choose music for mood setters. And the music listed above is mood setters for me. Along with others mentioned..

And may I ask... I have always heard songs called "anthem songs" ... but what really makes a song an anthem song? not sure if I understand what really qualifies a song..

An anthem is something that makes a statement that is somewhat for a symbol for a perticular person or group group. Different countries have a "national anthem" that is supposed to embody the general sentiment of that country, for example. In rock music, "Born to Be Wild" is somewhat of an anthem for bikers, for example. For me, it seems a little easier to point one out than to define one though :/ . I hope that helps some :) .