Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Some great Once set pix of Hollywood Blvd taken back to 1969 ;  now that recreation has happened , hopefully, we'll see some pix of Leo filming :) 

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

Barbie

Tks for post from Leo's Revenant costar Grace Dove , as well as,  Aviator interview :) 

On 7/16/2018 at 7:16 AM, Balevendriaukr said:

?Just curious, have any of you guys met him before? ?

I had two short encounters with him at two premieres occasions and he was the sweetest :) also ... he’s gorgeous in real life lol

Thx everyone for the news, I hope we get

more set pic ! 

What is the release date of the movie pls ?

7 hours ago, marinebing said:

I had two short encounters with him at two premieres occasions and he was the sweetest :) also ... he’s gorgeous in real life lol

Thx everyone for the news, I hope we get

more set pic ! 

What is the release date of the movie pls ?

You too, so lucky to have seen Leo in person. 

Leo and Brad Pitt were offered to play the lead roles for Brokeback Montauin. 

Gus Van Sant Remembers His Plan for ‘Brokeback Mountain,’ Including Offers to Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio

It’s long been reported that both Van Sant and Pedro Almodóvar were initially approached to direct the groundbreaking”Brokeback,” but Van Sant recently told IndieWire why his vision ultimately wasn’t right — and which A-list actors turned down the film.

“Nobody wanted to do it,” Van Sant said. “I was working on it, and I felt like we needed a really strong cast, like a famous cast. That wasn’t working out. I asked the usual suspects: Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Ryan Phillippe. They all said no.”

“Yes, all those young gentlemen (at the time) turned down the project, for various reasons,” “Brokeback Mountain” producer and screenwriter Diana Ossana confirmed to IndieWire via email. 

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/07/brokeback-mountain-brad-pitt-leonardo-dicaprio-gus-van-sant-1201984394/

5 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Marinebing

Looks like the people at Sony heard your question about movie release date :p  It is now July 26th

Haha I didn’t know I had such an influence 😂

thank you !! I can’t wait !

11 hours ago, BarbieErin said:

Leo and Brad Pitt were offered to play the lead roles for Brokeback Montauin. 

Gus Van Sant Remembers His Plan for ‘Brokeback Mountain,’ Including Offers to Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio

It’s long been reported that both Van Sant and Pedro Almodóvar were initially approached to direct the groundbreaking”Brokeback,” but Van Sant recently told IndieWire why his vision ultimately wasn’t right — and which A-list actors turned down the film.

“Nobody wanted to do it,” Van Sant said. “I was working on it, and I felt like we needed a really strong cast, like a famous cast. That wasn’t working out. I asked the usual suspects: Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Ryan Phillippe. They all said no.”

“Yes, all those young gentlemen (at the time) turned down the project, for various reasons,” “Brokeback Mountain” producer and screenwriter Diana Ossana confirmed to IndieWire via email. 

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/07/brokeback-mountain-brad-pitt-leonardo-dicaprio-gus-van-sant-1201984394/

Interesting... didn't expect Leo turning down such a role I have to say (Total Eclipse, J. Edgar). But yeah Heath and Jake were pure gold in this movie so everything's fine :D

Thanks for sharing new release date... so now they will compete against "The Lion King"? Not sure about this decision I have to say. On the other hand I thought the same about "The Revenant" and "Star Wars" and Leo handled it well at the box office :p

On the other hand I thought the same about "The Revenant" and "Star Wars" and Leo handled it well at the box office

Exactly Jade, as much as I love The Revenant (my Leo's fave movie) but it was not as appealing as Star Wars (that I hate, lol, but I know the fanbase is HUGE)... and still The Revenant made big numbers in box office, if you think Leo was almost silent in a movie that have a very slow pace, the result was incridible, I mean more than 500 million worldwide, the power of Leo!

Now think about Once Upon... have a LOT of appealing to public, Tarantino's, Leo's, Pitt's, Pacino's, Margot's fanbase, and a huge stellar cast with their fans as well, on a movie that I'm sure will be more fast paced, even if it's probably going to be more than 2 hours and a half, I would bet close to 3 hours, and a very interesting plot in my opinion... I think it will have great public for this movie, even with all the competition against.   ;)

Now about Leo turning down Brokeback role, I think it was more about being committed to other projects, in 2005 he was filming The Departed, I remember he give up on De Niro movie The Good Sheperd to do The Departed with Scorsese. 

Okay, cool, glad I'm not the only one who hates Star Wars;).

Leo does have that appeal, especially since he does not do franchise films and he's hardly ever in an action movie.  Plus most of his films come out during the fall and winter. I can count on one hand his summer releases, and yet :56608ac1cc5a3_smilynewone: he's something special.

Thanks ladies for the info, pics and other news! Cool news about an earlier release date, and the awesome stories about seeing/meeting Leo in person.

17 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Interesting... didn't expect Leo turning down such a role I have to say (Total Eclipse, J. Edgar). But yeah Heath and Jake were pure gold in this movie so everything's fine :D

Thanks for sharing new release date... so now they will compete against "The Lion King"? Not sure about this decision I have to say. On the other hand I thought the same about "The Revenant" and "Star Wars" and Leo handled it well at the box office :p

I don't even remember The Revenant coming out at the same time as Star Wars lol I love both haha. Leo name can make people go see any movie. Replace Leo with anyone else in The Revenant and, although it still a good movie, I'm pretty sure the line at the theater would have been different

5 hours ago, marinebing said:

Replace Leo with anyone else in The Revenant and, although it still a good movie, I'm pretty sure the line at the theater would have been different

Totally agree with you in this point...  I will never forget when I was in cinema to see "The Revenant" how those young girls behind me was giggling when he made his first appearance in the movie... dirty, long locks all over his face, bearded hardly to recognize and still they were melting like we would watch "Titanic". One of the best moments ever :D Power of Leo indeed.

On this guy's instagram he has video of extras in their 1969 clothes crossing the street on Tarantino's recreated 1969 Hollywood Blvd. 

You just need to scroll to his second pix

What is funny to me, is the music he chose to play in  background is the same Look of Love music played in the great  CYMC scene between Frank and high priced hooked Jennifer Garner :p