Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

I won a date with Leo (and yes, I gave him my number!)

Thousands of Scots flock to grab a glimpse of movie hunk as he drops in for a sandwich... and one fan bags her date of a lifetime

IT’S not every day you get the chance to have lunch with one of the world’s most eligible bachelors.

So when Elise Lovell won a competition to dine with Hollywood heart-throb Leonardo DiCaprio, she did what thousands of other single women would do – asked him if he wanted to stay the night.

The 45-year-old beat thousands of hopefuls to have a VIP lunch with the Oscar-winning actor at an Edinburgh restaurant yesterday.

Miss Lovell, who works for an executive coaching business, said: ‘I never thought in a million years I would win the competition. When I got the call I thought one of my friends was playing a prank on me.

‘A lot of friends are jealous. I don’t think anything will ever top this.

‘I mentioned to him that part of my prize is staying at the George Hotel tonight, so I said if he needed anywhere to stay he was more than welcome. I said I’d text him my room number later.’

Miss Lovell added: ‘We talked about all sorts of things – he was charming. He said his favourite film to work on was The Aviator and that he also really enjoyed filming The Wolf of Wall Street. Someone asked him his views on Trump – he laughed and said it was a huge shock and we would have to wait and see what happens.

‘We had a lovely lunch, the food was excellent. It was quite surreal but a fantastic couple of hours.

‘He has amazing eyes – sparkly blue eyes you could melt into. This will be one of my best memories. I feel like I’ve won the lottery.’

DiCaprio, 42, waved and signed autographs for fans when he arrived

‘He said Trump was a huge shock’

for the lunch date – at a new restaurant that helps the homeless. Home is part of the Social Bite franchise, set up to offer training and employment to the homeless.

The star was greeted by hundreds of admirers who had waited in the cold for hours to catch a glimpse of The Revenant actor.

For lunch he enjoyed a lamb tagine while Miss Lovell had halibut.

Biffy MacKay, 28, a trainee chef at Social Bite, helped cook the meal and DiCaprio gave her a signed note which read: ‘To Biffy, all the best.’ She said: ‘He was so nice, so down to earth. I told him I’ve loved him since I was nine and that I did a project about him at school.

‘I got to squeeze him when we got a photograph and I also kissed his hand. It’s been brilliant.’

Superfan Carol Honeyman, 49, woke at 5am yesterday to make the 30-mile trip from Larbert, Stirlingshire, and ask him for an autograph. She said: ‘He’s lovely – he’s the man for me, so handsome.’

DiCaprio was joined briefly at Home by actor and comedian Rob Brydon and presenter Chris Evans.

The star was also keynote speaker at last night’s Scottish Business Awards in the capital – George Clooney spoke at last year’s event.

Auction prizes included Nicola Sturgeon and John Swinney visiting your house for dinner.

DiCaprio offered to sell and sign his Rolex Daytona watch.

He is expected to go sightseeing in Edinburgh today.

Another pix of Leo at Home restaurant 

Video has quick flash of Leo eating with others at Home restaurant

Another lucky person who met Leo backstage at Scottish Business Awards

Barbie

Tks for all the JJ pix :smile:

Calibi

Tks for interview with lucky woman, as well as, the videos of Leo's speech :smile: