Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

On 2/21/2023 at 6:40 AM, BarbieErin said:

I saw Tar, Cate is just spectacular! And let's just say the theme of this movie is VERY current... 

Love your profile pic btw. I always thought he looked Norwegian in those pics. 😆. Not that there's anything wrong with Norway, as a matter of fact I hear Scandinavia is the most peaceful region in the world. Anyway, I'm glad you brought up other flicks. I haven't buckled down to see all of All Quiet on the Western Front, but I have visited it's trailers, it promotions, and most commentary vids and reviews. I love war flicks, but I hate how damagingly accurate they are, what snippets of damning pieces of weakened humanity they represent. All Quiet on the Western Front picked up were 1917 was forced to let off. I'm sure Germany is a beautiful ❤️ place, I'm sure the people are layered in incomprehensible ways. And now they've been tainted by one leader, by one stint if fallible leadership. I had not long watched Hulu's The Rise/Fall of the Third Reich and felt condemned in not knowing how to pick the wheat from the chaff. In terms of the citizens that is. I guess I am a wee bit partial toward Germany because I want to attend the University of Munich to pursue there highest level of education that I can't remember, Gosh. I used to know. Man. But AQOTWF is a tearjerking film. And from what I know, Leonardo identifies with his German roots. 

^It's just to smooth out the surface. I doubt if Leonardo has done anything with any woman 👠 he has been associated with since the August 2022 break up. Nour is Twenty-nine and Maya is twenty-seven, after while they'll be a thirty year old 🗝️, and so on... I'm sure Leonardo's image will be celibate until...

Sugarwater

So painfully true :p 

And while I well understand as a woman if I was in the group I'd like to be 'next' to Leo , but DM and other gossip sites never consider these women might actually be with one of his male friends that travel/ go out with him 

Lately, it seems like we all

should just read the headlines like “Leonardo DiCaprio stands next to a girl.”

Another possible KOTFM cannes update via filmmaker Isabel Sandoval.

How About ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ as Cannes Opener?

Yesterday, Roger Friedman reported that Pedro Almodovar’s 30-minute “Strange Way of Life” would open the 76th Cannes Film Festival. It was strange intel but, not that I don’t trust Roger, whose been quite accurate with his exclusives over the years, it felt a little off having a short film open the festival.

Meanwhile, Isabel Sandoval is a filmmaker — she hangs with other filmmakers.  Her declaration this morning that Scorsese’s ‘Flower Moon’ will be the opening night film at Cannes therefore has credibility.  On the other hand, it’s always better to play within the festival — being the opening-nighter always sends the wrong message in some way.

What makes me hesitate about believing this is that, as a general rule and tradition, whatever film opens Cannes must be released in French theaters the day after. From what I’ve heard, Scorsese’s film is a fall release, so take this with a major grain of salt.

I’m honestly hoping this isn’t true, because it would mean that ‘Killers’ will be headed to Cannes only to be released the following day. I mean, how anticlimactic would that be?

Source

@Sugarwater Maybe you already knew and I don't know if you have the time and/or interest to catch him up but the writer of the KOTFM book David Grann will be in Oklahoma at March 3 at the University of Science & Arts of Oklahoma in Chickasha.

https://journalrecord.com/2023/02/21/killers-of-the-flower-moon-author-to-speak-in-chickasha/

Also The Times has an article about KOTFM but I can't open the site. Maybe someone who can could post the article here? (even though I think they mostly complain about the actual runtime lol)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-times-view-on-the-latest-scorcese-epic-maybe-lose-the-middle-bit-k9w75dgkl

My Grandparents used to make me watch westerns all the time, God, could I even articulate how attentive I would've been if Rick Dalton, the Leonardo DiCaprio lookalike,  was featured in any of them. Sexier than Charles Bronson, I must say. Thanks for the updates y'all. 

Jessie Plemons talking with his "bro" Daniel Kaluuya about KOTFM for Interview magazine.

KALUUYA: So yeah, I’ve got to talk about it, bro. You work with Martin Scorsese. That’s legendary business. What can you say about Killers of the Flower Moon3, and how does working with him challenge you?

PLEMONS: The first time I worked with him [on The Irishman], it was a very specific role and function that I was playing. The only way I knew how to describe it was I felt like the kicker at the Super Bowl. It was just like, I know what I have to do. Again, he was a real person that I was playing, and there’s a lot of fascinating information that I read about this guy that doesn’t fit into a three–hour–plus movie. So it was like, “Focus, don’t get too excited and try to do too much.” And then with Killers of the Flower Moon, I had more time there. I read the book and was kind of living with it for a year or so, not knowing what part I was going to be. And when I found out it was Tom White 4, it felt like every sort of Christmas holiday rolled into one. The guy, at least the way he comes across in the book and in reading about him, he’s a superhero of morality. The guy is just a fucking beacon of justice. Obviously, he had his flaws like everyone, but I had built this character up so massively. And the story as well is—it’s mind-blowing that more people weren’t aware of it until this book came out. We were shooting in the location where all this happened. A lot of the Natives that were in the film were descendants of the people that were affected or murdered. So I’ve never felt the weight of a real story, of real people, like this. As for working with Scorsese, he really gives you a lot of space, likes playing around, and is open to any ideas. He’s got an infectious excitement, even after all this time. It just seems like he can’t believe that this is what he gets to do with his life.

full interview

Also they still think Leo has a supporting part in KOTFM lol

1. The Martin Scorsese–directed movie follows the F.B.I. investigation into the murders of members of the Osage tribe in 1920s Oklahoma.
  1. The lead agent in the investigation. The part was originally meant for Leonardo DiCaprio, who moved to a supporting role.

The dude lost some weight huh?

da-221207-1000-copy.jpg

Just a little side  note IF Leo does do King's Billy Summers,  Billy uses a lot of aliases   while setting up a hit , and one of them is Dalton Smith . So we would move from Rick Dalton on the screen to Dalton Smith :p 

Thanks to ALL who contributed our latest Leo related news/pix /etc :flower: 

I wonder, since Lee-oh is the side piece in KOTFM, when Oscar season 2024 rolls around, if he'd be nominated for the Best Supporter Actor, and if that victory will take the place of What's Eating Gilbert 🍇

AT this point, I'd like to Leonardo star in all the projects listed under upcoming. It's better than the all black ensemble and the will he, won't he atmosphere that has been created since August. Nothing obvious is preventing him from working again. I wonder if they're trying to starve us out of our dedication. To whomever they are.