Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

I just came back from watching Titanic in the cinema. It was almost full:thumbsup:  There were less people when I watched Babylon and Avatar 2 a few weeks ago. Amazing!

It was so cool to see it on the big screen again. It looks so good. It looks better than some new movies.

Interesting that James Cameron changed a couple of things: At the transition from the third party to the breakfast, Rose's laughing was cut. And no shooting star at Jack's death. I wonder why he changed those things.

But the part where Jack enters the first class staircase and you can see the reflection of the camera in the window was left unaltered???

^he probably cut the shooting star for this particular reason when he recreate the night sky because like you said with deleting the scene of this motive it became indeed kinda pointless. Also this science dude had probably complained again with claiming there was no shooting star at this night to this hour 🤣

Always liked this deleted scene because it also shows Jack and Rose singing 'Come Josephine' together. Another motive which had worked even better with including this scene in the final cut.

But actually I think it of most of the deleted scenes. There are so many lost parallels and connections and also many scenes who gave the other characters more depth. I will never understand why Cameron never agreed to make an extended cut for the fans while he made TWO for Avatar.

Trivia: The original cut was 6 hours long what means there is tons of unseen footage out there 😭

Screenshot_20230220-000305_Chrome.thumb.jpg.874407b38f6180b115251efa219e30a0.jpg

Sooo… Austin Butler wins BAFTA . Not the Better deserved Colin Farrell (in my humble opinion) having now seen all of the films with best actor contenders in. This is a fast track to Austin winning best actor. Despite him seemingly being a nice guy and saying kind things about Leo, I’m disappointed it wasn’t Colin.

Anywho… At least Leo wasn’t mentioned in any capacity for his most recent news worthy events. Here’s hoping his people are on it and continue to keep it out of peoples mouths. X

1 hour ago, AliceT said:

Sooo… Austin Butler wins BAFTA . Not the Better deserved Colin Farrell (in my humble opinion) having now seen all of the films with best actor contenders in. This is a fast track to Austin winning best actor. Despite him seemingly being a nice guy and saying kind things about Leo, I’m disappointed it wasn’t Colin.

Anywho… At least Leo wasn’t mentioned in any capacity for his most recent news worthy events. Here’s hoping his people are on it and continue to keep it out of peoples mouths. X

I don't know but I cant help but compare butler to Rami Malek who won the Oscar for portraying Freddy Mercury. Rami really became Freddy to me while Butler imitated.  I don't know of its just me but it offends me that it took so many years for Leo to win one with his body of work and they are giving this Butler kid so much attention. I've seen interviews with him and I don't even think he is charismatic unlike Leo who has made many ladies interviewes swoon over the years. I would give it to Frasier for the whale. He really made me feel something with his amazing performance. I also like that he is very non Hollywood which I must admit doesn't pay him any favors since he is not campaigning but I feel his Performance was the best of the year.

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

I saw it and thought he was incredible in the Whale. He made me feel some deep emotions. The first minute of the movie was very graphic but the rest of it is good. 😁

😔 Sorry to anyone I didn't properly shout-out. Cool vid @LuckyGirl 🙂. For a while there I would get Gaspard Ulliel and Guillaume Canet mixed up. I think it's the Gs. So when Gaspard passed, I was thinking 🤔, "Oh no, that really easy-going guy from The Beach". Then I Googled him (Gaspard) and still didn't make the connection. I just started back thinking, "1984? He was born in 1984? Well, in 1999 he was about 15. That's kinda young to star in a movie like The Beach". Then I paid my mental electric bill and Southern California powered up my thinking cap 🧢. Gaspard and Guillaume are two different people, entirely. I think I'm the only person that gets mixed up like this 🙂. Sighs 😔.

leonardo-dicaprio-c-hfpa-2002.jpg

12 hours ago, kellybsblover said:

I don't know of its just me but it offends me that it took so many years for Leo to win one with his body of work and they are giving this Butler kid so much attention.

Personally I think winning the Oscar is not only about giving a great performance but also giving this great performance to the right time. I mean it's kinda ironic that Colin Farrell missed out for many years for being the too-handsome younger actor just to loose now against Butler - just when he finally gets in the "usual" age range for best actor. Even though I have to admit movies like Swat, Total Recall, Miami Vice etc did him no favour in the past.

I still feel bad for Andrew Garfield who just had unbelievably bad timing last year for a similar type of performance. I mean is anybody even remembering for which movie Will Smith won? Just tragic 🤣 Same for Taron Egerton. He was as amazing in Rocketman as was Malik in Bohemian Rhapsody. But giving the oscar 2 years in a row to the actor who's playing a musician in a biopic? Not happening. Nobody had a chance against JOKER sure but Egerton wasn't even nominated. Be still my heart.

I also think it will be hard for Colin to win the damn oscar like ever. I mean this were his first major nominations in -what- 30 years? I hope the 2nd ones don't take this long again 🙈

Also when it comes to the best actor race the movie has to be at least a contender for best picture otherwise your chances to win are already bad. I think that is what happening to Brendan Fraser. THE WHALE is considered as "weak movie" aka not nominated for BP.

What I like about Austins most likely win that he proofs a young -former disney kid- handsome actor can win the oscar. It's not like this win is so self-evident here.

giphy.gif

KOTFM update.

Source: Scorsese’s “Flower Moon” Will Go to Cannes If He Can Cut it Down from Three Hours, 20 Minutes

With the Oscars coming into view, and the end of the 2023 awards season, we turn out attention to the next round of movies.

Martin Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” is at the top of all lists for this year’s new crop. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro, “Flower Moon” is set in the West in the 1920s, and it’s based on the book by David Grann. The story concerns the real life murders of Native Americans in Oklahoma when their land is discovered to be sitting on oil fields.

I’m told that the Cannes Film Festival is chomping at the bit to premiere the film, not in competition and not for opening night. It would be just the prestige of that trio walking the red carpet.

So what’s the issue? I’m told by sources that “Flower Moon” is currently clocking in at three hours, twenty minutes. This is nothing new for Scorsese, whose every new film starts at super sized until Oscar winning editor Thelma Schoonmaker summons a succinct two and a half hour final cut out of Scorsese’s masterful shots. But Cannes can’t program such a long film, so they’re waiting to see how this all works out.

So is Apple. They wrote the check for all this. And they’ve got to promise Cannes the film will have a real theatrical run before streaming, and in every country, especially France. Stay tuned…

Source

Pic of Leo & pal Edward Enniful at Vogue /BAFTA in event 

C405CFB9-067E-428C-B076-C0C350E4C77E.jpeg

Alice T  

I wanted Colin to win as well :thumbsup: 

Jade  

Tks for latest KOTFM news :)  

Personally, IF the film is still over 3 hours & 20” long , I think Marty & Thelma should ask for our “input” as to what should be cut

As surely it isn’t any scenes involving Ernest :p 

Bit more input about the (possible) running time.

(...) As I mentioned a week or so ago, Scorsese and his editor Thelma Schoonmaker are still working hard on it. The film isn’t ready yet, but it’s getting there.

I emailed Friedman last night to get more details and he tells me it’s mostly a case of Apple telling Scorsese to maybe snip it down to under three hours. It doesn’t mean he’ll listen to them.

Scorsese’s last film, “The Irishman,” was released in 2019 as a 3 and a half hour epic. The legendary filmmaker loves his lengthy films, his last few (“Silence” “The Wolf of Wall Street”) came in at just under three hours.

Source

Did anyone know the maximum running time for a feature film in Cannes? Can't find anything about such a rule except for short films:

https://www.festival-cannes.com/en/participer/rules?id=2

Just posting because Leo is in the list....

What’s the Best Acting Performance of the 21st Century?

It’s been a slow news day, and I’ve been meaning to ask readers this for a few weeks...

My question is simple: what’s been the best, most towering performance, male or female, of the 21st century? We had an all-timer this past year with Cate Blanchett’s Lydia Tár.

However, the 21st century … that’s 23 years of performances. I won’t add Blanchett or Goth’s performances below, we’ll let them simmer in our subconscious for a few years.

I don’t think anything comes close to Daniel Day-Lewis’ work as Daniel Plainview in “There Will Blood” and Joaquin Phoenix’s Freddie Quell in “The Master.” Both characters are absolute ticking time bomb creations from Paul Thomas Anderson.

I went through my archives to find the performances that blew me away since 2000. There were too many, and I might have forgotten a few, but these were the obvious candidates:

Daniel Day-Lewis (There Will Be Blood)
Joaquin Phoenix (The Master)
Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine)
Leonard DiCaprio (The Wolf of Wall Street)
Isabelle Huppert (The Piano Teacher)
Javier Bardem (No Country For Old Men)
Daniel Day-Lewis (Gangs of New York)
Phillip Seymour Hoffman (Capote)
Naomi Watts (Mulholland Drive)
Denis Lavant (Holy Motors)

Only three of these performances won acting Oscars. Go figure. If I had an honourable mentions list then it would definitely include Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight), Denzel Washington (Training Day), Nicole Kidman (Birth), Ben Kingsley (Sexy Beast), Anna Paquin (Margaret), Mickey Rourke (The Wrestler), Sean Penn (Mystic River), Steve Buscemi (Ghost World), Ellen Burstyn (Requiem For A Dream), Bjork (Dancer in the Dark) Joaquin Phoenix (Two Lovers)

Is Joaquin Phoenix the best actor of the 21st century? It’s certainly a conversation worth having. Certainly Daniel Day-Lewis should be a contender. However, Phoenix’s eccentricly unpredictable acting style matched the last decade’s mood quite perfectly.

On the female side, there will be debate over whether Cate Blanchett or Isabelle Huppert deserve the crown. Blanchett, just barely, wins it for me, there is no more talented actress than her. I don’t know how much more she has to prove to be crowned the undisputed GOAT.

Source

Matthew McConaughey winning for simply looking ugly over Leo that year is still haunting me.

Also very much agree with this comment:

As much as Day-Lewis' Plainview is a great all-timer performance, I would dare argue that DiCaprio's turn in The Wolf Of Wall Street is the definitive performance of the 21st Century so far. It's easily the most impactful on a real-life level. I doubt there are figures like Andrew Tate, without DiCaprio's turn in Scorsese's film. It's so good of a performance that it manages to con the audience into enjoying the presence of a horribly abusive, egotistical sociopath. In fact, so much of the audience like him by the end of the film that many have misconstrued the film's motivations as being supportive of Belfort. There are similar performances in levels of villainy, like Day-Lewis in There Will Be Blood and Blanchett in TAR. (You could probably add Bale's turn in American Psycho and both Phoenix's and Ledger's turns as the Joker here - but all three are far more OTT than the others I've mentioned). However, I think DiCaprio's turn is the only one which is so convincing that it actually manages to trick the audience.

In short: Leo was just masterfully mindblowing in TWOWS and I still think he should've won the oscar for this role. And I agree Cate Blanchett is a goddess.

Anyone saw TAR already??

d43d5da1e8f32b3136eacf24d78f66af189237b3