Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

20 hours ago, BarbieErin said:

I'am beyond happy for Austin and he deserved, amazing work in Elvis. But Golden Globes have different voters than Oscars so it's not certain he will win, plus, it seems Brendon Fraser have a really good change to win for his role in The Whale. 

Personally I wouldn't Colin Farrell rule out of the oscar field for "The Banshees of Inisherin". He won also the globe and he's nominated for SAG, CC + he's on BAFTA longlist so his nom there is a lock, too. I'm aware oscar voters usually going more for drama (Austin and Brendan) BUT Colin is the most "veteran" here with a stable decade long career and overall I would say compared to Elvis and The Whale Banshees is the stronger movie. In short: if he wins I wouldn't be mad at all :p

Also him and that donkey are the cutest 🍀

d85727f0ae5c7483b7ed1242552f9e67c16f750a

6722ff224c1ca247e94bacd051bfcefd5231908f

92c582968a0a3633bf363b6d585c2277f7283de8

23dab4e541060d21c92bed2bac1ba83df3371182

950c13de01339223a2051aba7f69ace134a9f82d

4c8b5fef635b40f68930c196c44a561c719160ed

6558364a9717b7d28b564674fc81e67db9ce00be

I’m not putting me donkey outside when I’m sad, okay?
Source

FINALLY and hopefully FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source: Scorsese’s ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ Doing Cannes, Fall Festivals and November Release

I’ve been emailing around and making calls the entire week to write this article. In fact, it ate up about half my day today. To say that Apple is impenetrable when it comes to Martin Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” would be an understatement. They’re impossible to reach, not even for a comment.

After becoming the first streamer to win Best Picture at this past March’s Oscars, Apple basically skipped this year’s awards season, mostly due to having no contenders to push: “Emancipation” failed. “Cha Cha Real Smooth” failed. They could have released Ridley Scott’s “Napoleon,” but it didn’t seem ready at the time, with a rough cut test-screened last November. I heard Apple will be releasing it this summer.

Regardless, I’ve had to rely less on Apple and more on sources that directly worked on “Killers of the Flower Moon.” Two sources that I found are saying the exact same thing: World premiere at Cannes, then fall festivals and, finally, a November theatrical release in the US.

From my understanding, given the strict streaming rules in France, I don’t think “Killers of the Flower Moon” will be in Cannes competition. I’d love to be proven wrong, but I don’t see there being any way for Scorsese to compete for the Palme d’Or. I presume the film will be shown out of competition.

You’d have to go back to the mid-‘80s when “After Hours” was in official competition to find the last time Scorsese screened a full-length feature at Cannes. Scorsese went on to win the Best Director Prize that year. He also famously won the Palme d’Or in 1976 for “Taxi Driver”

If you remember, additional shooting on the film took place in Pawhuska, Oklahoma back in May. A rough cut of Scorsese’s film was screened for Apple and Paramount execs in July. One person told me, “it is a bravura piece of filmmaking in all areas, and with a social consciousness, as the book was, at its heart”.

‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ was all set to have a teaser released in August, with a late fall release eyes, and then came Scorsese’s sudden call for more reshoots in NYC, mostly having to do with the film’s coda. Production on “Killers of the Flower Moon” ended almost 12 months ago.

When the film premieres at Cannes then it would have been a whopping 20 months since shooting wrapped. If the film is indeed released in November then it would have been close to two years since post-production began.

For the most part, Scorsese’s films have had a rather lengthy post-production process, but a November release for “Killers of the Flower Moon” would break his post-production length record:

Shutter Island (20 months), Silence (19 months), The Irishman (18 months), Hugo (15 months), The Age of Innocence (15 months), The Departed (13 months), The Aviator (13 months), Goodfellas (13 months), and Wolf of Wall Street (11 months)

16 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Source: Scorsese’s ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ Doing Cannes, Fall Festivals and November Release

I’ve been emailing around and making calls the entire week to write this article. In fact, it ate up about half my day today. To say that Apple is impenetrable when it comes to Martin Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” would be an understatement. They’re impossible to reach, not even for a comment.

After becoming the first streamer to win Best Picture at this past March’s Oscars, Apple basically skipped this year’s awards season, mostly due to having no contenders to push: “Emancipation” failed. “Cha Cha Real Smooth” failed. They could have released Ridley Scott’s “Napoleon,” but it didn’t seem ready at the time, with a rough cut test-screened last November. I heard Apple will be releasing it this summer.

Regardless, I’ve had to rely less on Apple and more on sources that directly worked on “Killers of the Flower Moon.” Two sources that I found are saying the exact same thing: World premiere at Cannes, then fall festivals and, finally, a November theatrical release in the US.

From my understanding, given the strict streaming rules in France, I don’t think “Killers of the Flower Moon” will be in Cannes competition. I’d love to be proven wrong, but I don’t see there being any way for Scorsese to compete for the Palme d’Or. I presume the film will be shown out of competition.

You’d have to go back to the mid-‘80s when “After Hours” was in official competition to find the last time Scorsese screened a full-length feature at Cannes. Scorsese went on to win the Best Director Prize that year. He also famously won the Palme d’Or in 1976 for “Taxi Driver”

If you remember, additional shooting on the film took place in Pawhuska, Oklahoma back in May. A rough cut of Scorsese’s film was screened for Apple and Paramount execs in July. One person told me, “it is a bravura piece of filmmaking in all areas, and with a social consciousness, as the book was, at its heart”.

‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ was all set to have a teaser released in August, with a late fall release eyes, and then came Scorsese’s sudden call for more reshoots in NYC, mostly having to do with the film’s coda. Production on “Killers of the Flower Moon” ended almost 12 months ago.

When the film premieres at Cannes then it would have been a whopping 20 months since shooting wrapped. If the film is indeed released in November then it would have been close to two years since post-production began.

For the most part, Scorsese’s films have had a rather lengthy post-production process, but a November release for “Killers of the Flower Moon” would break his post-production length record:

Shutter Island (20 months), Silence (19 months), The Irishman (18 months), Hugo (15 months), The Age of Innocence (15 months), The Departed (13 months), The Aviator (13 months), Goodfellas (13 months), and Wolf of Wall Street (11 months)

Yes, certainty! Although the theatrical release is long enough to wait, it's definitely worth it💯

In anticipation of seeing Leo on the red carpet in Cannes:woot:

32 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

OMG, finally! I'am soo happy!!!   :excited:

Thanks a lot for the news!