Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

8 minutes ago, akatosh said:

@BarbieErin Great pic. I've never seen that one before.

@YouNoMe I agree without the Leo Mania Titanic wouldn't have been the same and not as successful. But apart from the fact that Leo IS Jack Dawson I can't picture anyone else as Rose either. Titanic was Leo and Kate and their wonderful chemistry.

Interesting article:

Why Is Leonardo DiCaprio So Popular? (Explained)

Leonardo DiCaprio is described by some fans as a step above all other actors, with a prestigious attitude, and has become a highly respected actor in the 21st century.

Compared to some other popular actors who seem to appear in a new movie every year, DiCaprio has not been in a large array of movies to accumulate his fame and popularity in the same way.

Because of this, the reasoning behind his popularity may be unclear to fans.

Let’s learn more about the conscious and perhaps unconscious efforts put forth by Leonardo DiCaprio to create and maintain his status as a popular actor.

Why Is Leonardo DiCaprio So Popular?

Leonardo DiCaprio is popular because of his acting skills as well as an excellent production crew and directors that have the ability to showcase and build off DiCaprio’s talents on screen.

He is also known for his kind and generous personality off-screen towards the production crew, co-actors, and fans.

Comments about the actor found on social media pages, magazines, and other news sources are not typically negative or especially scandalous as compared to other actors.

DiCaprio is also different from some other popular actors in a major way, and that is that he is exclusive and picky about the movies and directors that he has affiliated with.

1. DiCaprio’s Acting Road

There is no doubt that DiCaprio is an excellent actor.

He has had plenty of experience to master these skills and has been acting since he was only a toddler in Romper Room.

His film acting history truly began with Critters 3 and Poison Ivy, both movies that are not part of the typical genre of movies that he worked on in the 2000s.

Neither movie did particularly well, according to their Rotten Tomatoes scores, which perhaps may have led the actor to realize the horror genre was not meant for him.

After the setback of those films in the early 1990s, DiCaprio went on to This Boy’s Life and What’s Eating Gilbert Grape which ultimately kick-started his film career.

However, some fans may argue that his participation in Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet is what officially put DiCaprio on the map as an up-and-coming actor and teenage heartthrob.

After the success of Romeo and Juliet, DiCaprio went on to steal fans’ hearts further in Titanic.

A. Movies

DiCaprio appears to have gotten lucky as an actor, in that the majority of his movies have been successful.

These movies and roles include:

• Romeo in Romeo + Juliet (1996)
  • Jack Dawson in Titanic (1997)
  • Teddy Daniels in Shutter Island (2010)
  • Jay Gatsby in The Great Gatsby (2013)
  • Hugh Glass in The Revenant (2015)
  • Rick Dalton in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

DiCaprio’s role in Romeo and Juliet began his rise to popularity, but Titanic can be considered a role that solidified his popularity and made fans look forward to his future work.

Additionally, Shutter Island introduced a wider range of acting skills and his ability to portray a character with a psychological problem that fans hadn’t had the opportunity to see in his previous roles.

B. Awards

Not surprisingly, DiCaprio has won several awards for his acting skills throughout his more than 30 years of acting.

These include a Golden Globe Award (2014), MTV Music Award (2014), and multiple BAFTA Awards for Best Actor and Best Film.

However, one area of surprise may be that the popular actor has only won one Oscar award, and that was only awarded to him in 2016 despite his many years of acting.

The Oscar was for his work in the film, The Revenant.

His Oscar win was big news for both DiCaprio and his fans, as many lifelong fans had been waiting for years for the legendary moment.

In fact, the suspense surrounding the buildup to DiCaprio’s Oscar win has been captured by Twitter users who still comment several years later about the injustice that he had to wait more than 30 years to win one.

Many even insinuated that the only way to win an Oscar is to go to extremes, like fighting a bear on screen.

It can be argued that DiCaprio’s inability to win an Oscar for an extended period actually helped to increase his popularity, as fans rallied together in support of the actor.

C. Rotten Tomatoes Scores

It is common for fans to deliberately check the ratings of new movies before spending, or wasting, their money going to the theaters.

Rotten Tomatoes is one of those sources used to help determine if a movie is worth going to the theaters for or if it’s better to wait for the future (and free) release on streaming services such as Netflix or HBO.

Rotten Tomatoes has scored the 10 best (and worst) movies that DiCaprio has starred in.

The movies, in descending order according to their Rotten Tomatoes score, include:

1. Catch Me If You Can (2022)—96%
  2. The Departed (2006)—90%
  3. What’s Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)—90%
  4. Inception (2010)—87%
  5. Django Unchained (2012)—87%
  6. Titanic (1997)—87%
  7. The Aviator (2004)—86%
  8. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)—85%
  9. Marvin’s Room (1996)—84%
  10. The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)—80%

Interestingly, The Great Gatsby only scored 48% on Rotten Tomatoes despite the continued popularity of the book and the accompanying movie being taught in schools.

According to Twitter users, the most popular movies that DiCaprio has been in include:

• Django Unchained
  • Shutter Island
  • The Departed

2. Directors DiCaprio Has Worked With

Another reason for DiCaprio’s popularity is that his image has been successfully crafted with the help of an excellent crew of production workers and most importantly, directors, who help to create his movies.

This fan states that they believe DiCaprio’s fame has come from his ability to secure roles in well-performing movies alongside “people (directors) he knows will have a good script and that will bring the best out of him.”

This did not all happen purely by chance, rather, the actor is known for searching out big-name directors with whom he is interested in working to discuss ideas for future movies.

The portfolio of directors that he has had the opportunity to work with includes Martin Scorsese, Quentin Tarantino, Clint Eastwood, Ridley Scott, Steven Spielberg, Alejandro Inarritu, and Christopher Nolan.

Each director has made a name for themselves and is known for their portfolio of successful movies, some of which DiCaprio has had the honor of participating in.

Martin Scorsese and DiCaprio worked together on The Aviator, Shutter Island, The Departed, and The Wolf of Wall Street.

The director Baz Luhrmann directed Romeo and Juliet and The Great Gatsby alongside DiCaprio’s acting.

He has even worked with the great Quentin Tarantino in the movie Django Unchained and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

3. His Personality Makes An Impact

It seems like it is a regular occurrence for magazines and media channels to report that a well-known actor or actress is also well known for their negative disposition outside of the roles that they portray on television.

Magazines known for their gossip include Us Weekly, People, and OK! magazine.

However, it is difficult to find any media portraying DiCaprio in a negative light or as having a negative attitude.

This Quora user states that they once had the opportunity to work with DiCaprio on the set of The Aviator.

The user’s comments are generally positive, stating that the actor was wonderful, kind, and good to the crew.

They also attached a photo to the account, which appears to be a handwritten note from Leo thanking them for their work.

Although, like many heartthrobs and celebrities, his social life is often captured on camera as being surrounded by models and taking extravagant vacations.

Gossip sites, like She Finds, report frequently on his dating life, partying habits, and other rumors surrounding the actor.

However, despite his wild social life off-screen, he is still seen as a serious actor and is known for diving wholeheartedly into his roles.

4. Environmental Issues And Climate Change

Outside of his roles on screen, DiCaprio is somewhat of a mystery in that he doesn’t often talk about his personal life in interviews with the media.

As mentioned previously he is known for his kind personality towards actors and fans off camera, however, many may not realize that his kindness extends to working with the environment.

He is passionate about climate change and has promoted environmental documentaries like And We Go Green, which was produced to expose global warming and air pollution within the Formula I racing world.

He also started his own foundation, The Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation (LDF), which supports conservation projects worldwide to protect fragile ecosystems and species.

The Foundation has been recognized by many environmental organizations, including Global Green for its work during what the organization calls a “planetary crisis.”

In addition to his own foundation, DiCaprio has been known to invest in companies that have strong environmental ethics.

One example is the brand LOCI, which designs vegan shoes made from cork, bamboo, recycled nylon, and natural rubber.

The brand only produces the shoes on a rotating basis, rather than continuously, to avoid the environmental damages associated with large production facilities.

In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, DiCaprio states that he is a proud investor in the brand that is “dedicated to minimizing its environmental impact, and centered around creating cruelty-free, ethical footwear.”

The actor’s outspoken attitude on environmental issues worldwide has been noticed by many, including the United Nations (UN).

In 2014, ahead of the UN’s 2014 Climate Summit, the Secretary-General named DiCaprio as a Messenger of Peace for his specific focus on climate change.

5. He Works For Himself

An interesting difference between DiCaprio and other well-known actors is that he doesn’t appear to take on just any role, but rather, he is particular about the movies that he gets involved in.

As compared to other actors like Dwayne Johnson and Millie Bobby Brown, who appear to multitask and participate in multiple movies or television series at a time, DiCaprio stands apart.

The actor works for himself by participating in movies when he wants and seemingly on his own terms.

The advantage and end result of this exclusivity is that, when he does take on a new role, fans expect that the movie will be highly rated.

Typically, fans are not disappointed.

Quentin Tarantino, the well-known director, shared a similar opinion of DiCaprio with The Hollywood Reporter.

He stated that “one of the things I like about Leo is he just doesn’t plug himself into two movies a year.”

DiCaprio stands alone, similar to Al Pacino or Robert De Niro, who “could do anything they wanted, and they wanted to do this. So that means this must be pretty good.”

https://www.thecoldwire.com/why-is-leonardo-dicaprio-so-popular/

🤩👏

😊 @oxford25.

I wonder if there's any chance 😜 that we might see pics of Leo in LA celebrating Jamie Foxx's 55th. Or Taylor Swift's 33rd since she's always writing him love songs 😏. Anyway, I want pics cuz I'm greedy. And just bc I contested that Deuxmoi post, Jelena may be in attendance or spotted with him, whatev. My point, I new pics regardless who he's with cuz I'm greedy for my Lee-Lee. 

Some unseen footage from the TITANIC set:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmK3taFAN0C/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

garydelellis

HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY TITANIC! Titanic premiered today at the Mann’s Chinese and this goes out to all the fans, and the cast and crew who we all shared something so incredible together! I hope you all can find some memorable moments from these shots I was able to get from our time together on set! What an amazing experience we all had, THANK YOU TO JIM AND JOHN AND EVERYONE WHO CREATED THIS INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE FOR ALL OF US!!

Even without KOTFM starting Leo is capable to win awards. Kinda. Congrats 👣👟LOL

Leonardo DiCaprio-backed vegan shoe brand scoops major fashion award

‘Leonardo DiCaprio had his eye on the (eco-friendly) ball when he invested in vegan sneaker brand LØCI’ the organisation said.

A vegan shoe brand which bagged investment from Leonardo DiCaprio has scooped a major fashion award.

Cruelty-free footwear company LØCI recently raised a whopping £4m for its ‘next stage of growth’ – with help from the acclaimed actor. Other investors included Adidas’ ex VP of global brand strategy and sustainability, James Carnes.

After being thrown under the spotlight, the brand won ‘Best Vegan Shoe’ at the 2022 PETA fashion awards.

“Leonardo DiCaprio had his eye on the (eco-friendly) ball when he invested in vegan sneaker brand LØCI,” the organisation said.

“Crafted from recycled ocean plastic, LØCI footwear is durable, sustainable, and easy to match with everything from casual jeans to boho-inspired maxi dresses.”

Vegan fashion awards

Other winners include FRIDA ROME (Best Vegan Bag), ECOPEL Cannaba (Best Vegan Wool), and Piilgrim (Best Menswear). 

Retailer H&M was also shunned as ‘Villain of the Year’ for u-turning on its cashmere ban.

“The vegan fashion revolution is truly here – from fur-free catwalks to luxury fashion made with plants,” says PETA Vice President of UK Programmes & Operations Elisa Allen. 

“With our Fashion Awards, PETA is celebrating the progressive brands dedicated to making a change for animals and the planet.”

LOCI-Seven-collection-vegan-shoes-768x56

Leonardo DiCaprio’s vegan investment

Speaking to his 19.6 million Twitter followers, DiCaprio said: “I am proud to be an investor in LØCI, a brand dedicated to minimising its environmental impact, and centred around creating cruelty-free, ethical footwear.”

The star, who frequently speaks out about the environmental damage caused by animal agriculture, has also invested vegan food chain Neat Burger, as well as cultivated meat and seafood brands such as Mosa Meat and Aleph Farms.

Source

RT Dates Scorsese’s ‘Roosevelt’ For July 14th, 2023 … Did They Mean ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’?

CAB10AB5-3894-44DB-9992-C812E04CEC97.jpe

It’s obvious Rotten Tomatoes made a mistake when dating Martin Scorsese’s still-unfilmed “Roosevelt” for July 14th of next year. Did they mean “Killers of the Flower Moon”? That makes way more sense given the Cannes rumors …

Just randomly picking the 07.14.23 date is strange enough, which tells me RT might have possibly been told a new Scorsese was being released on that date.

This was posted on Dec 1st 2022 and apparently no one at RT noticed the false info. I’m sure now that I’ve written something about it they’ll correct and edit. As of the time of publishing this post they hadn’t replied to an email I sent them inquiring about “Roosevelt”.

Source

Possible new projet for Leo, idk about Paul Thomas, but I will watch anything with Leo... so I hope it happens

Leonardo DiCaprio in Talks to Star in New Paul Thomas Anderson Movie

Jeff Sneider mentioned that he had a major scoop he was going to reveal later today and he didn’t disappoint.

Does it get better than Leonardo DiCaprio signing onto Paul Thomas Anderson’s next movie? Now, that’s a scoop. I’ll try to get more details from Sneider in the coming hour … For the time being nothing is official, but Sneider says it’s almost a done deal.

This is said to be the mysterious project that we reported on a few weeks ago. A new movie from PTA with no plot details nor a cast to its name. What we do know is that production will take place this summer in and around Los Angeles — PTA has shot most of his films and set them in California.

DiCaprio deciding to collaborate with PTA makes sense since all the actor has been doing for the last twenty years is make movies exclusively and only with A-list filmmakers.

Some of the names DiCaprio has worked with include Martin Scorsese, Clint Eastwood, Ridley Scott, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, Steven Spielberg, Christopher Nolan and Quentin Tarantino.

Fun fact: DiCaprio turned down the role of Dirk Diggler in “Boogie Nights.”

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2022/12/oqgdf5j6u05gb0z7tuqcs60zbc8a3i

Alejandro Iñarritu about Leo, cool words

On Leonardo DiCaprio initially resisting The Revenant (2015), the movie that would finally win the actor an Oscar:

“It was very difficult for Leo to decide to do this film, super difficult. He was really, really hesitating about many things. He knew the physical kind of challenge that it would be, the commitment to be living in the forest for six months in the cold. … It was a long, strong physical commitment. So it was not easy. But once he committed, it was amazing. And for me, it was a great collaboration. He understood perfectly the character, and he was a great collaborator in every sense. He’s a filmmaker. He understands films, not only from an actor's point of view, but he has been doing so many films with such a great directors that he understands the whole thing. It is great to have an actor that has that understanding.

“He’s a very generous. He has a lot of empathy for people, and he really wants people to have a good time. So he’s one of those guys that is worry about you and about you and about you. All the time he is trying to make people feel happy. He gives a lot of himself. And he does that in his work, too. You have enough takes and he says, ‘I can give you another one. Let’s do another.’ He’s a guy that is always looking for the top.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/alejandro-inarritu-movies-birdman-revenant-michael-keaton-brad-pitt-babel-sean-penn-leonardo-dicaprio-gael-garcia-bernal-160033434.html

3 hours ago, BarbieErin said:

Possible new projet for Leo, idk about Paul Thomas, but I will watch anything with Leo... so I hope it happens

Leonardo DiCaprio in Talks to Star in New Paul Thomas Anderson Movie

Jeff Sneider mentioned that he had a major scoop he was going to reveal later today and he didn’t disappoint.

Does it get better than Leonardo DiCaprio signing onto Paul Thomas Anderson’s next movie? Now, that’s a scoop. I’ll try to get more details from Sneider in the coming hour … For the time being nothing is official, but Sneider says it’s almost a done deal.

This is said to be the mysterious project that we reported on a few weeks ago. A new movie from PTA with no plot details nor a cast to its name. What we do know is that production will take place this summer in and around Los Angeles — PTA has shot most of his films and set them in California.

DiCaprio deciding to collaborate with PTA makes sense since all the actor has been doing for the last twenty years is make movies exclusively and only with A-list filmmakers.

Some of the names DiCaprio has worked with include Martin Scorsese, Clint Eastwood, Ridley Scott, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, Steven Spielberg, Christopher Nolan and Quentin Tarantino.

Fun fact: DiCaprio turned down the role of Dirk Diggler in “Boogie Nights.”

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2022/12/oqgdf5j6u05gb0z7tuqcs60zbc8a3i

Thanks for sharing this news🌺 Leo in PTA's movie is one of my longtime dreams, so I hope it will happen

Thanks to everyone who posted pics and articles! Will Leo finally start shooting a new movie soon? That would be great.

Titanic at 25: PEOPLE Celebrates the Epic Film with a New Special Edition

titanic-cover-121322-1-tout-6b192f73fddc4e3991a705dd0832f945.thumb.webp.6611adedb3869c153d3c2d15ef5619fd.webp

Are you ready to go back to Titanic? Get the inside story of the movie that made stars of Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio. "I was a little bit obsessed there," director James Cameron tells PEOPLE

Leonardo DiCaprio was not looking to make a special effects-filled blockbuster. "I don't like these gigantic, huge films," said the actor when he was 22. Meanwhile Kate Winslet, 21, not only lobbied to land her part of Rose Dewitt Bukater in director James Cameron's big project, a love story set aboard the doomed RMS Titanic, she also leaned on DiCaprio to take the one he'd been offered, Jack Dawson. Only after shooting was well underway did it become clear that neither had known what they were in for. "Nothing could have prepared me for it," Winslet told Los Angeles Times in 1997.

To be fair, no one could have prepared for it, as Titanic's production was unlike any before, both in the scope of Cameron's ambition and the cost and innovation needed to execute it. The mammoth effort involved 12 dives to the real Titanic wreck site, more than 450 computer-effects shots and multiple reproductions of the legendary ship, including one 90-percent-scale set constructed from 300 tons of steel. Along with much of the sprawling cast and crew, the film's two stars would risk hypothermia in frigid water, and endure workdays that stretched to 20 hours. As production blew past deadlines and budgets, the Hollywood press predicted an expensive flop and compared the filmmakers' hubris to that of the owners of the real RMS Titanic, who had promoted the luxury ocean liner as "unsinkable."

And then the movie opened.

When Titanic finally made it to theaters in December, 1997, all those "sinking feeling" headlines started to evaporate. The movie held the No. 1 box office spot for 15 straight weeks and became the highest-grossing movie of all time (ultimately earning $2.2 billion)—a record it held until Cameron's 2009 film Avatar. Then came the 14 Academy Award nominations, of which it won 11, including for Best Picture and Best Director. Not to mention its Oscar- and Grammy-Award-winning theme, "My Heart Will Go On," sung by Celine Dion. Now PEOPLE is celebrating the epic film on its 25th anniversary with a new Titanic special edition, filled with a behind-the-scenes look at its making and legacy.

Filled with photos, including some rarely seen on-set images, the new issue illustrates the beauty of the recreated luxury ship, from the china in the first class dining room to its passengers' glorious costumes. Also inside: How the stunning Heart of the Ocean necklace came to life and was auctioned to raise funds for one of Princess Diana's charities.

Plus, in an exclusive interview writer-director Cameron talks about reuniting with Winslet for Avatar: The Way of Water, and his ongoing obsession with the RMS Titanic. Since he finished work on Titanic, he kept up with discoveries about the real ship and returned to the wreck site for several documentaries, notably 2003's Ghosts of the Abyss, which he produced with actor Bill Paxton, who had played Titanic's fictional treasure hunter, Brock Lovett. A planned 2023 National Geographic doc will be his sixth.

"Yeah, I was a little bit obsessed there for a while," Cameron tells PEOPLE. For now, he adds, "I'm not going back out to the wreck. I've done my investigation. We are putting all our data together with some of the other experts . . . to do a definitive publication on the marine forensics of the wreck."

Given what he now knows, is there anything he would have changed in his original dramatized movie? Actually, not so much. Before filming began, says Cameron, "I spent a year researching because I wanted it to be as accurate as possible. I said to the team, 'Guys, I want it to be like we went back in a time machine and filmed what happened.' Of course, history is a bit elusive, and people had differing accounts. But we got pretty close, and nothing in our subsequent 20-plus years of investigation really upset anything major in the film. Could I, as a rivet-counting nerd, make a few tweaks to the movie? Yes, but I think we got it pretty right."

PEOPLE's new special edition, Titanic: Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet and the Making of an Epic Love Story, is available now wherever magazines are sold.

https://people.com/movies/titanic-at-25-people-celebrates-the/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=639b7cd4d5dd2400012eb94d