Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

52 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

1597552256_Screenshot2022-12-02at12-50-24StoriesInstagram.thumb.png.269712fde054974ef3b94563b3145ff2.png

1555889463_Screenshot2022-12-02at12-51-32StoriesInstagram.thumb.png.52c24bee43434629546bfacac7f7d67a.png 1061394911_Screenshot2022-12-02at12-51-38StoriesInstagram.thumb.png.bc4436e122bdce1451401620dc9658e8.png657615531_Screenshot2022-12-02at12-51-44StoriesInstagram.thumb.png.ba72de1ed08ae0ab91e0a7bdf8820718.png 1230286977_Screenshot2022-12-02at12-51-49StoriesInstagram.thumb.png.48750a47d493a56b03d53dc52d040f83.png 1470530871_Screenshot2022-12-02at12-51-56StoriesInstagram.thumb.png.ef40dab2345104e19cd4dcccf44e9512.png 1111919259_Screenshot2022-12-02at12-52-07StoriesInstagram.thumb.png.b0bfe3c6b207fc0ab09a226d97d0090d.png

Hundred of models without underwear aka Leos version of heaven??? LMAO

bfTNY1.gif

He went for a good case...He asked this super rich guy to invest in environmental solutions to save oceans...He sacrificed and visited that dangerous place to save oceans. Lol 😂😂😂

Thanks, everyone for the updates. Killer of the Flower Moon, gee, I hope it gets released before my 89th B-Day. And, on another note, Tobey was at the 2016 Oscars? Lee takes him everywhere! Credit: Loida. But I'm sure already seen.

There was a recent post on World of reel about Killers of the flower moon and one of the responses in the comments section was quite interesting. Don’t know how accurate this info is so take it with a pinch of salt.

Okay, so take this all with a pinch of salt, but there are a number of reasons they haven't released the film yet and why there were SOME reshoots. However, none of these actually have to do with the quality of the film, which I'll get to in a minute.

The main reason for the reshoots is fear of the political optics of the film and the fear of how mainstream critics will respond to it, as well as the various thought-pieces that will ensue. The primary issue is that the film primarily focuses on white characters, with the only non-white person with a very significant role being Lily Gladstone, who is given a very submissive role... Think similar to Robbie in Tarantino's latest or Paquin in The Irishman, but with more scenes and more poignancy... You'll understand what I mean if you read the book, but she has a ghoulish presence throughout. However, the plot does basically focus on a white saviour (Jesse Plemons) and a "complex bigot" (DiCaprio). The reshoots primarily focused on placing certain scenes to give the non-white characters a more substantial role. (Now - this is to be taken with an even bigger pinch of salt - but this aspect has apparently negatively affected test screenings, although the intention here is not to please normal audiences). The plan WAS to premiere it this year as Apple's main priority. However, after the politicization of a number of last year's Oscar films (and how this likely affected their awards chances), Apple demanded the reshoots, which took place during this year and they also decided to postpone the film to see if the landscape has even changed a bit this Awards season and to avoid competition with Spielberg (who also has made a film with a majority white cast). The truth is that a lot of these journalists have their knives ready for Scorsese after his remarks about Marvel. The stuff about giving Spielberg a year to himself is just something Scorsese has been half-lying to people about to save his pride.

However, as for the test screenings themselves, they have been overwhelmingly positive, as has Scorsese showing the film to his fellow director friends. The latter of whom have told Scorsese that this is among his greatest films, but have warned him that it won't likely be appreciated to the extent it should during his lifetime, due to the white savior implications.

As for its prospective awards chances, Gladstone is solid enough, but isn't likely to get enormous amounts of traction, unless the film does end up doing very well. Fraser & Lithgow provide solid supporting turns, with Fraser's portrayal being somewhat emotionally impactful and in a less-stacked ensemble some would suggest him for another Oscar nom here. Plemons does his usually very good job, I understand, and, due to his substantial screen-time, he could snag an Oscar nomination, but it doesn't sound win-worthy. However, DeNiro, who gets far less time on screen, plays a genuinely vile character, who deceptively seems like a kindly older man at the start. It's supposedly DeNiro's best work in years - perhaps, decades, at this point. Maybe a Best Supporting Actor winner, but the level of how horrible he is could be off-putting to voters and I have heard good things about Downey Jr. in Oppenheimer and Ralph Fiennes in Henry Sugar.... Then again, I've heard equally good things about Pitt in Babylon and, due to his controversy, he isn't even being mentioned by a lot of critics. DiCaprio is superb here and it could indeed be his ticket to a second Oscar win, if the film is lucky, but I suspect that the Oscar will go down the biopic route of either Bradley Cooper or Colman Domingo.”

18 minutes ago, AliceT said:

There was a recent post on World of reel about Killers of the flower moon and one of the responses in the comments section was quite interesting. Don’t know how accurate this info is so take it with a pinch of salt.

Okay, so take this all with a pinch of salt, but there are a number of reasons they haven't released the film yet and why there were SOME reshoots. However, none of these actually have to do with the quality of the film, which I'll get to in a minute.

The main reason for the reshoots is fear of the political optics of the film and the fear of how mainstream critics will respond to it, as well as the various thought-pieces that will ensue. The primary issue is that the film primarily focuses on white characters, with the only non-white person with a very significant role being Lily Gladstone, who is given a very submissive role... Think similar to Robbie in Tarantino's latest or Paquin in The Irishman, but with more scenes and more poignancy... You'll understand what I mean if you read the book, but she has a ghoulish presence throughout. However, the plot does basically focus on a white saviour (Jesse Plemons) and a "complex bigot" (DiCaprio). The reshoots primarily focused on placing certain scenes to give the non-white characters a more substantial role. (Now - this is to be taken with an even bigger pinch of salt - but this aspect has apparently negatively affected test screenings, although the intention here is not to please normal audiences). The plan WAS to premiere it this year as Apple's main priority. However, after the politicization of a number of last year's Oscar films (and how this likely affected their awards chances), Apple demanded the reshoots, which took place during this year and they also decided to postpone the film to see if the landscape has even changed a bit this Awards season and to avoid competition with Spielberg (who also has made a film with a majority white cast). The truth is that a lot of these journalists have their knives ready for Scorsese after his remarks about Marvel. The stuff about giving Spielberg a year to himself is just something Scorsese has been half-lying to people about to save his pride.

However, as for the test screenings themselves, they have been overwhelmingly positive, as has Scorsese showing the film to his fellow director friends. The latter of whom have told Scorsese that this is among his greatest films, but have warned him that it won't likely be appreciated to the extent it should during his lifetime, due to the white savior implications.

As for its prospective awards chances, Gladstone is solid enough, but isn't likely to get enormous amounts of traction, unless the film does end up doing very well. Fraser & Lithgow provide solid supporting turns, with Fraser's portrayal being somewhat emotionally impactful and in a less-stacked ensemble some would suggest him for another Oscar nom here. Plemons does his usually very good job, I understand, and, due to his substantial screen-time, he could snag an Oscar nomination, but it doesn't sound win-worthy. However, DeNiro, who gets far less time on screen, plays a genuinely vile character, who deceptively seems like a kindly older man at the start. It's supposedly DeNiro's best work in years - perhaps, decades, at this point. Maybe a Best Supporting Actor winner, but the level of how horrible he is could be off-putting to voters and I have heard good things about Downey Jr. in Oppenheimer and Ralph Fiennes in Henry Sugar.... Then again, I've heard equally good things about Pitt in Babylon and, due to his controversy, he isn't even being mentioned by a lot of critics. DiCaprio is superb here and it could indeed be his ticket to a second Oscar win, if the film is lucky, but I suspect that the Oscar will go down the biopic route of either Bradley Cooper or Colman Domingo.”

Thanks for sharing this🌺 Despite that there's a logic, I hope it's not true. Jesse's character wasn't "white saviour" in the book and was pretty unremarkable. The book is perfect as it is and I expect the movie focusing on Mollie, her family and Osage people, how awful were crimes against them, also relationship between Osage people and main villains.

^Haven't read the book so I don't know really what I'm talking about but wasn't the original script/Leos role changed because of Leo himself who wanted a different focus of the story aka no white hero(s)? So the part was re write/cut down and went to Plemons? LOL

I mean it's still a indicator someone wrote a different script to the original book at one point making the white FBI dude a hero.

Personally I would LOVE to see Lily being the center of all but I don't think Scorsese is the right director to tell a "female" story. I mean did he ever?

Actually all I remember are those headlines lol

Martin Scorsese says he 'doesn't have time’ to write female characters

Martin Scorsese, Cinema Expert, Says Female Characters Can Detract From Stories

But maybe he surprises us all.

f0f6d6f817f4e577c4e8a05a13249cd15e0a47f7

Obviously, I have not screened the movie, but here in Oklahoma, our indigenous community is afraid the truth will be white washed to protect the Caucasian community and the Caucasian community has banned the book from schools, because it makes them feel uncomfortable. Read into all of that whatever you wish regarding the politics of the movie.

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

^Haven't read the book so I don't know really what I'm talking about but wasn't the original script/Leos role changed because of Leo himself who wanted a different focus of the story aka no white hero(s)? So the part was re write/cut down and went to Plemons? LOL

Yes, Leo changed his role but I think because Ernest is much more complex character and therefore more interesting to play. 

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

Personally I would LOVE to see Lily being the center of all but I don't think Scorsese is the right director to tell a "female" story. I mean did he ever?

Yeah, you're right. This is the only flaw that he has. 

But again, the book focused on Mollie and Osage people, not on FBI guy.