Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

32 minutes ago, akatosh said:

Thank you all for posting articles, pics and videos! :flower: Wasn't the KOTFM teaser trailer supposed to come out late summer? I'm waiting...🥺

Everyone now is talking about his personal life!

I  guess they won't announce anything about the movie these days.🤔

11 hours ago, Magical said:

Everyone now is talking about his personal life!

I  guess they won't announce anything about the movie these days.🤔

Do you think they have decided on the spring/summer of 2023? I think Leo can keep us entertained until then even if the entertainment isn't to everyone's liking. 🙃🧐 🎭 I mean do a little dance. Sing a little song might do wonders. 😛

No news but at the least the shooting did something good for Bartlesville lol

‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ production gives Bartlesville multi-million dollar boost

BARTLESVILLE, Okla. — Tourism bosses in Bartlesville said the filming of “Killers of the Flower Moon” gave the city a multi-million dollar boost.

New figures are out and show that the Martin Scorsese movie, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro, had a $35 million impact on Bartlesville.

“We have definitely had a fantastic year and it was due in large part to the fact that we were able to be the host for the production office for ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’,” said Maria Gus, Executive Director of Visit Bartlesville.

“In that about 18 months that the film has been visiting the area we estimate that there was about a 35 million dollar economic impact,” she continued.

The movie was mainly filmed in Pawhuska, Fairfax and Tulsa over about 18 months, but the production crew’s base was in Bartlesville.

“They had three hotels that were completely booked for the entire time that they were here, that’s a huge amount of lodging tax and sales tax that’s coming in,” Gus said.

“They were using vendors that were Oklahoma vendors, they were using a lot of crew that were from Oklahoma,” she continued.

The new figures said overall the city raked up around $35 million in tourism because of the filming, an 148% return on the city’s investment.

“That’s actual tax dollars that are coming back into the community and helping us build our infrastructure and do better things for the community, and that’s what tourism is all about, we want to help people tell stories, certainly that’s what happens in the film industry, but we also want to make sure that people in Bartlesville are getting a return on investment,” Gus said.

Gus said the movie has helped Bartlesville bounce back from the pandemic and she hopes after the film comes out even more people will want to visit.

“I do hope that we get a boost after the film comes out, what I hope most of all is that our friends and neighbors with the Osage tribe and in Osage County that they are able to not only tell this tragic story but use this as a way to educate people about their tribe and how much they have grown and succeeded after having this awful piece of history happen to them,” Gus said.

Gus said they want to build on the success of the economic impact from the film and bring more tourists to the Bartlesville.

“We don’t have another Martin Scorsese film on the books, so we hope what we’re able to do is really spring board off of that success and grow our reach and invite more people to come visit us in Bartlesville,” Gus said.

“Killers of the Flower Moon” is anticipated to be released in 2023, though a specific date has not been set.

Source

Mirella

Yes, like you, I had hoped we would have received some OFFICAL statement from Apple regarding KOTFM release, but it doesn't seem to be on its way 

Unlike some other films, KOTFM wouldn't need as much PRE release promotion as some other films due to the cast and director ,  but surely as we inch near October with a supposed Dec release, something promotion /news would have surfaced  :sad:

Thanks to ALL who keep our forum walls filled with the lastest Leo news /pix/and vids :flower: :flower: :flower: 

Thanks, @Mirella for the vid. Cyndi Lauper is one of my favourite musical artists and Drove All Night is my favourite song of hers. My ex and I would fight over which of her many hits were her greatest. He could never decide between When You Were Mine and She Bop. One thing we settle on though was Madonna's Take a Bow felt like the song of 1994. Thanks for drumming up the memories.

Thanks, @BarbieErin for the update.

And thank you @oxford25 for the acknowledgement! 

Aw! Look at this face 😍 

b833daafe562fdb8ebb66a51a5f337cb.thumb.jpg.56ced6e6be435f1da9f04ace12fad9ac.jpg

11 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Mirella

Yes, like you, I had hoped we would have received some OFFICAL statement from Apple regarding KOTFM release, but it doesn't seem to be on its way 

Unlike some other films, KOTFM wouldn't need as much PRE release promotion as some other films due to the cast and director ,  but surely as we inch near October with a supposed Dec release, something promotion /news would have surfaced  :sad:

Thanks to ALL who keep our forum walls filled with the lastest Leo news /pix/and vids :flower: :flower: :flower: 

Is there anything as bad publicity? I mean if the latest "Our handsome star doesn't look that good" made the decision to wait on the loveliness of Spring and that people are more in love with being in love. So they don't care what Leo does would make the movie more appealing?

I don't know. Pure speculation from my side. 🙃 Maybe it doesn't matter at all. I am Leos's biggest critic but I still like him. 

KOTFM update.

As for “Killers of the Flower Moon,” I’m still being told that Scorsese’s film could be a possibility. “It’s ready when it’s ready” seems to be the quote I keep getting. And that’s fine, but Apple currently has no big player in the Oscar race this year, unless you believe “Cha Cha Real Smooth” has a shot.

Source

Like Marty gives a shit about Leos love life or some crazy people who constantly create drama around a strangers life omg just give me a break from such stupidity. It seems never ending these days and I'm slowly wondering does it hurt actually????? 🙄

25 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

KOTFM update.

As for “Killers of the Flower Moon,” I’m still being told that Scorsese’s film could be a possibility. “It’s ready when it’s ready” seems to be the quote I keep getting. And that’s fine, but Apple currently has no big player in the Oscar race this year, unless you believe “Cha Cha Real Smooth” has a shot.

Source

Like Marty gives a shit about Leos love life or some crazy people who constantly create drama around a strangers life omg just give me a break from such stupidity. It seems never ending these days and I'm slowly wondering does it hurt actually????? 🙄

20220915_113352.thumb.jpg.4a93f7432b1828be077fe6ee8b41b4d4.jpg

I don't think so. I still love this one. He should print it out, frame it and keep it with all his other memorabilia. My heart will go on. 😂 

Sweet, sweet Leo. Everyone hates that they love him. ❤