Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Well Jennifer should keep quiet because something similar happened not too long ago. And Chris had the bigger role in Passengers:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jun/17/jennifer-lawrence-to-be-paid-8m-more-than-chris-pratt-for-passengers

Jennifer Lawrence is famous but not on Leo's level of fame. Of course he gets more money because he is box office gold.

50 minutes ago, akatosh said:

Well Jennifer should keep quiet because something similar happened not too long ago. And Chris had the bigger role in Passengers:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jun/17/jennifer-lawrence-to-be-paid-8m-more-than-chris-pratt-for-passengers

Jennifer Lawrence is famous but not on Leo's level of fame. Of course he gets more money because he is box office gold.

Chris had not much bigger role, but smaller name. Jennifer was on higher level (just compare her award list to his) and it was absolutely normal to pay her more. You right, same case with Leo. I'm always for equal payment for actors of both genders, but the status should be taken into consideration. + It doesn't look good, because she already spoke before and was fine with that😒

Sounds like someone has mentioned her being fine with getting less pay before so why not now and she might realize her mistake of "being fine with it" when it affects her future pay in an industry that isn't that easy to be in as a woman. 

KMKb1vyvyZRVxaYb8l.thumb.gif.58c5172f672672640ef5b813afcf776b.gif

And because the PR is what it is with Leo he comes in between here when he has nothing to do with her paycheck. 

7a1Nw6B0JZ66VzdC6A.thumb.gif.983575a607655b0ff33043f646a96733.gif

It has been an interesting week when it comes to Leo and his Scorpio silence while being poked heavily to react to the circumstances surrounding his choices since he was twenty-something. 

That is a long time to make up to. I have never questioned how "real" Kristen was but now I see that she might have been the first of them all. So should be thankful for that information I guess. 

Has Leo ever had a real girlfriend up till now? 

15 hours ago, Lilja K said:

Chris had not much bigger role, but smaller name. Jennifer was on higher level (just compare her award list to his) and it was absolutely normal to pay her more. You right, same case with Leo. I'm always for equal payment for actors of both genders, but the status should be taken into consideration. + It doesn't look good, because she already spoke before and was fine with that😒

Exactly, Jennifer is not making sense because she have NOT complained before and she herself said Leo's higher level than her, so her complaining now it's ridiculous. Maybe if you receive more money than him next time you will be fine... even if you're role is smaller.  HIGHLY DOUBT LEO WOULD EVER COMPLAIN. 

1 hour ago, Mirella said:

7a1Nw6B0JZ66VzdC6A.thumb.gif.983575a607655b0ff33043f646a96733.gif

It has been an interesting week when it comes to Leo and his Scorpio silence while being poked heavily to react to the circumstances surrounding his choices since he was twenty-something. 

That is a long time to make up to. I have never questioned how "real" Kristen was but now I see that she might have been the first of them all. So should be thankful for that information I guess. 

Has Leo ever had a real girlfriend up till now? 

AGAIN, THE GENERAL THREAD IS OPEN AND WORKING!!! 

43 minutes ago, BarbieErin said:

Exactly, Jennifer is not making sense because she have NOT complained before and she herself said Leo's higher level than her. So her complaining now it's ridiculous. Bye Jen, I don't Leo making another movie with you, but maybe if yoy receive more money than him next time you will be fine... even if you're role is smaller.  HIGHLY DOUBT LEO WOULD EVER COMPLAIN. 

I agree 100% and was even fine with having top billing over Leo too; I do hope one day for equal pay because it tough being a woman, especially in certain industries.

I think Leo is doing okay by ignoring the noise regarding his forever love life 😄

7 hours ago, akatosh said:

Yes. She reads the news about him then decided to talk about her female private parts. Lol

2 hours ago, SexyLeo91 said:

I agree 100% and was even fine with having top billing over Leo too; I do hope one day for equal pay because it tough being a woman, especially in certain industries.

I think Leo is doing okay by ignoring the noise regarding his forever love life 😄

I Hope he is doing well because I think this the first time he receives that much of hateful comments.

The Queen 👸 is dead 💀 and I feel as if a twelve gauge shotgun has been fired into my chest. However, I'm writing to say this: I hadn't been urged to read what Mrs. Maroney had to say because as far as I understand, the connection of the suggestive jab is obvious. It's impossible to separate Lee's personal life from his professional one, because, as sad as it is, he makes his living based on what "people think"...of him. But my real drive to speak today isn't due to the offence Ms. Lawrence or Mrs. Maroney's newfound stance has inflicted upon the Leonardo DiCaprio community, it is rather the blunder she spewed whilst verbalising it. The #MeToo movement had been pioneered in 2006 by a young woman named Tarana Burke. #MeToo was established with men like Weinstein in mind, but not BECAUSE OF HIM. As far as I'm concerned this is the perfect venue to correct such an error, knowing that Leonardo doesn't stand for falsehoods and mistruths and neither will I.

https://www.womenshistory.org/education-resources/biographies/tarana-burke

Yes, @Sliva, uncool request.

19 minutes ago, YouNoMe said:

The Queen 👸 is dead 💀 and I feel as if a twelve gauge shotgun has been fired into my chest. However, I'm writing to say this: I hadn't been urged to read what Mrs. Maroney had to say because as far as I understand, the connection of the suggestive jab is obvious. It's impossible to separate Lee's personal life from his professional one, because, as sad as it is, he makes his living based on what "people think"...of him. But my real drive to speak today isn't due to the offence Ms. Lawrence or Mrs. Maroney's newfound stance has inflicted upon the Leonardo DiCaprio community, it is rather the blunder she spewed whilst verbalising it. The #MeToo movement had been pioneered in 2006 by a young woman named Tarana Burke. #MeToo was established with men like Weinstein in mind, but not BECAUSE OF HIM. As far as I'm concerned this is the perfect venue to correct such an error, knowing that Leonardo doesn't stand for falsehoods and mistruths and neither will I.

https://www.womenshistory.org/education-resources/biographies/tarana-burke

Yes, @Sliva, uncool request.

Try to use ( the normal font) next time 😉

I think what Jennifer said was taken out of context and she may not have been talking about DLU, but just in general. It looks like the writer added in that she was paid less on DLU too. Because you guys are right, when she was specifically asked about the pay gap with Leo she defended it. And Jennifer never actually mentions Leo in this interview. Only the writer does, and the headlines ran with it. 🤭

7 hours ago, Mirella said:

Ok go and use it then. Be creative and spark some conversations. Happy weekend. 

The general thread was created for a reason, it's to be used for who wants to talk about his personal life in this forum, and yeah, I do talked a LOT there over the years but I don't want anymore. But you seem to have a lot to say about his love life so you can talk about this things there, I was just asking to keep the talk about his personal life there, that's all I'am asking. 

1 hour ago, xxmoonshineandmollyxx said:

I think what Jennifer said was taken out of context and she may not have been talking about DLU, but just in general. It looks like the writer added in that she was paid less on DLU too. Because you guys are right, when she was specifically asked about the pay gap with Leo she defended it. And Jennifer never actually mentions Leo in this interview. Only the writer does, and the headlines ran with it. 🤭

I can't speak for others, only for myself, but it appears the tone of her interview was antagonistic, perhaps not just toward Leonardo or him at all, but, yes, the entire system. However, the timing is all too convenient, or so I see. Coming after a breakup in which many, including myself, bears commentary. Sometimes, it's hard getting (it) right, expression, explanation. Equality is an issue, yes, one of great importance. But is it hereditary to recompense by any means necessary? The way I see it, the world is hierarchical. Everyone has a boss or a superior or an elder. I'm shocked at his net worth of Leonardo, not because of his gender, but because of his infallible proof of worthiness to his craft. What I sense is an overall lowball, but what I cannot prove is that claim's veracity. Her latest project was well known as harbouring wage disparities, other projects were mentioned, but almost as a cheapened compensation. If there is proof I've discounted her message, I will apologise, but until then I stand my position. 

P.S. Don't take my message 💬 to heart, meaning, DO NOT BE BOTHERED BY IT. I'm merely striving to explain myself, in which, I note, may have exacerbated misconceptions. 

Thank you @oxford25 for the news. 

And @LuckyGirl for the encouraging vid.

"Normal" enough? @Magical. With innocent curiosity, I ask.

-Oh, God, the Queen 👸. 😥.

2 hours ago, BarbieErin said:

The general thread was created for a reason, it's to be used for who wants to talk about his personal life in this forum, and yeah, I do talked a LOT there over the years but I don't want anymore. But you seem to have a lot to say about his love life so you can talk about this things there, I was just asking to keep the talk about his personal life there, that's all I am asking. 

Thank you. 🙃 My post was a response to another post that was posted here. It would have been weird and I think impossible to respond to something over there when the base of the issue was posted here.