Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

16 hours ago, oxford25 said:

It didn't mean anything illegal happened

Glad to hear. Also thx for the "easy" explanation @oxford25 :flower::PinkCouture2:

16 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Agree with your comments regarding Clayton's Oscar comments 

While at same time I well know from all of my years reading or posting on movie forums, when a poster's favorite performance is not among the nominated , they often thereafter refer to the field as a 'weak' acting field.  Whereas when their favorite is nominated,  if he or she doesn't win , then they will say that was due to it being a 'strong lineup' :p 

It appears he didn't like ELVIS so I guess you're right he's just pissed. And also highly unprofessional for a critic.

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2022/8/ac1vtxvkp7vbooq1efet1nbhyq9007

Gabriel Byrne about Leo and working with him in THE MAN IN THE IRON MASK. Also Leo should be killed from some psycho? 😯

Gabriel Byrne is a big admirer of Leonardo DiCaprio: ‘He was on an assassin’s hitlist – how do you deal with that aged 23?’

ironmask-promo-09B.jpg

Irish actor and filmmaker Gabriel Byrne, 72, on the night someone tried to bottle assassin’s target Leonardo DiCaprio – and carrying more luggage than Joan Collins.

You worked with Leonardo DiCaprio on The Man In The Iron Mask. Did he deal with fame differently to someone such as Richard Burton?

I admire the way that Leo has dealt with it because he experienced fame on a global scale.

What that brings out in people can be truly unnerving and sometimes scary. Somebody smashed a bottle and tried to stick it in his face one night at a party.

I recount in the book that Gianni Versace was assassinated and Leo was one of the people on that killer’s list.

I remember the day after, Leo was walking on to the set surrounded by five security men because they were afraid he was going to be next. How do you deal with that at 23?

shutterstock_editorial_5880033h-ba64-e16

Source

On 8/17/2022 at 4:43 AM, Lilja K said:

New sighting of Leo. He's back to LA and had dinner with Sean Penn 

Screenshot_20220817_144128_com.android.chrome_edit_1240247276281584.thumb.jpg.e69f10d86a84cdb19ba965e04384045f.jpgScreenshot_20220817_144137_com.android.chrome_edit_1240239828031585.thumb.jpg.8d6bf43bbb68027c06766473a5475c1e.jpg

On 8/17/2022 at 5:45 AM, oxford25 said:

More new pix of Leo in Santa Monica yesterday having dinner at Georgio Baldi with pal Sean Penn

Can anyone tell what the pink object in Leo's hand is ?  

Is that a  poorly wrapped gift  ? :p 

Or a group of papers ?? 

2022-08-17 (7).png 2022-08-17 (1).png 2022-08-17 (3).png 2022-08-17 (6).png

Thanks to ALL for the lastest Leo news /vids/ and old or new pix :flower: :flower: :flower: 

THE CAPTION SUGGESTS LEONARDO MET WITH SEAN FOR A BUSINESS 👔 MEETING. HOWEVER, PENN'S BIRTHDAY 🎈 WAS YESTERDAY, THE DAY AFTER THE MEET-UP. MAYBE LEE DID BRING A GIFT? 

THANKS FOR ALL THE UPDATES.

Idris Elba talking yet again about Leo :p

Idris Elba has Leonardo DiCaprio to thank for his 'realistic' lion fight in 'Beast'

Beast-Idris-Elba-Leonardo-DiCaprio.jpg?q

When adventure calls, Idris Elba lets it go to voicemail. 

"If I go on vacation – and that's a big if – I'm good with sitting still," says the actor, who finds himself on the holiday from hell in his new survival thriller, "Beast." "My wife (model Sabrina Dhowre) is not that: She wants to be a tourist and get around, but I'm fine just being chill and looking at my environment. I'm very boring like that." 

Elba's latest onscreen outings are anything but dull: In "Beast" (in theaters Friday), he plays a widowed doctor named Nate Samuels, whose South African getaway with his young daughters (Iyana Halley and Leah Sava Jeffries) is thrown into chaos by a ravenous lion. And in "Three Thousand Years of Longing" (in theaters Aug. 26), he stars as a genie who must grant three wishes for a lonely scholar (Tilda Swinton). 

(...)

"The actual fighting of the lion was really difficult," Elba says. "There were no lions used in the making of this film," so he worked closely with movement performers and stuntmen in motion-capture suits to create the computer-generated predator. He also re-watched 2015 survival drama "The Revenant," in which Leonardo DiCaprio gets brutally mauled by a grizzly bear. 

"The bear sequence that Leonardo does is really realistic and is sort of a benchmark in terms of what we wanted to achieve for the audience," Elba says. "Because everyone who watched that was horrified." 

Full article

Another article about the whole Leo/dark money situation pointing out those accusations aren't making any sense at all LOL

Fox News Attacks Leo DiCaprio For Funding 'Nuisance' Climate Lawsuits, Daily Caller Gets Confused

In the US legal system, a "nuisance" isn't just an annoyance, it's a term of art used to describe either the use of one's own property in a manner that interferes with another's use of theirs ("private nuisance"), or doing something that hurts the community writ large ("public nuisance").

For example, a private nuisance might be like a neighbor's dog that barks 24/7 or cigarette smoke that drifts up into your child's bedroom, while a public nuisance would be if a company dumps toxic waste into a river. The dozens of lawsuits against fossil fuel companies on the grounds that the carbon pollution from their product represents a public nuisance that's raising sea levels, worsening extreme weather and otherwise hurting public health, are known as "climate nuisance" suits. The climate is the subject of the public nuisance lawsuits. If you're talking to someone who knows all about it, you'd refer to them as "climate nuisance" lawsuits.

It's also worth noting that "nuisance lawsuits," are not at all the same thing as "frivolous lawsuits." A frivolous lawsuit (or motion, or pleading, etc.) is one that wastes the court's and other parties' time, money, and resources with no reasonable legal or factual basis for success and attorneys can be sanctioned for filing such a lawsuit. It's Rule 11(b) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, and every lawyer learns it in their first semester of law school.

We say all this, because a story that Fox News ran this week (by dedicated climate disinfo guy Thomas Catenacci) accuses Leonardo DiCaprio of funding climate nuisance lawsuits. The Catenacci story, republished at the NY Post and picked up by the Washington Examiner tries real hard to turn some emails to and from academics talking about climate lawsuits into a scandal by calling a funding recipient a "dark money group," (despite the story coming from a dark money group and former tobacco lawyer now funded by the fossil fuel industry). But the person who apparently replaced Catenacci at the Daily Caller clearly needs an explainer.

Kay Smythe, "news and commentary writer" at the Daily Caller, headlined her copy+paste version of Catenacci's story as: "REPORT: Leo DiCaprio Used Dark Money To Annoy People With Climate Lawsuits."  

The Caller's staff apparently either itself thinks, or wants its readers to think, that the point of these lawsuits isn't to hold companies accountable to clean up and repay the public for the damage caused by their pollution, but is instead just annoying them with "nuisance climate-related lawsuits," using the term in the colloquial sense instead of the accurate legal sense it's being used in the FOIA'd academic emails that form the basis of the attempted hatchet job.

In their zeal to look clever, the Daily Caller confused the term "nuisance" for "vexatious" or "frivolous". For Smythe and any non-legalese-speakers in the audience, here's a sentence using the terms accurately: Chris Horner, who fed this story to Catenacci about the emails referencing the DiCaprio foundation support climate nuisance lawsuits holding fossil fuel companies accountable, is better known for getting paid by fossil fuel companies to target climate scientists with baseless or frivolous and harassing or vexatious FOIA lawsuits demanding they release their emails in an attempt to rerun the Climategate disinfo playbook.

Given that the Daily Caller is less known for hiring smart reporters than it is for repeatedly hiring racist white nationalists, we can't say we're surprised.

But since they were just copying the work of Catenacci without actually adding anything of value, it is impressive that they nonetheless found a way to make the sad little story of DiCaprio actually doing something decent with his money even more asinine!

Source

Little side note: The Daily Caller was founded by now-Fox News host Tucker Carlson.

On 4/1/2007 at 11:53 AM, akatosh said:

Thanks for the pics!!

:heart:

sc1.jpgsc9.jpg

leo12.jpg

more later :wave:

So the OG of the Leonardo DiCaprio Thread 🧵 has decided to speak...😜. I had been flipping through the older posts, wanting to remind myself of what Lee is like. He's been especially safeguarded lately. So, I found this ☝ (your post), I found you. Man, April 1, 2007, that was fifteen years ago! The finishing touches of my Senior Year. I nearly broke both my ankles trying to get to that gate, came the final day. No Senior Prom, no graduation 🎓 ceremony 🏆, no collection of my diploma, I just simply stopped showing once I knew I'd be freed. That's for being inadvertently nostalgic. 

🥰

Well seems like Leo really isn't in the mood when he's not in mood LOL

MildNeedyChital-size_restricted.gif

But he's also not a zoo animal so I don't understand why people think they allowed to treat celebs however they want.

Australian radio hosts recall awkward Leonardo DiCaprio moment

(...)

His story prompted Sarah and Fitzy to chime in with a similar fail involving Oscar-winner Leonardo DiCaprio, who they'd spotted out one night at LA's Roosevelt Hotel when they were visiting the city.

"You'd had a few drinks, Sare, and I dared you to go over and [ask for a photo]," Fitzy began.

"He had his hat down, he had a cigarette in his mouth … the hand went up, 'I don't do photos', and Sarah just turned around and came back," he recalled, with Sarah joking that people should "be friendly at 3am".

"And then I tried to get the sneaky [photo] on the side anyway and security got my phone," Sarah added.

Source

2 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Pic from Capri

Now if we could only have gotten pic of Leo showing his golden hair besides no mask :p 

44EC9975-5074-4F3B-9D84-2CFE407E62B0.jpeg

I second that. I'm weary of him being suited up as if he's at battle with the Black Plague. 😖