Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

One more KOTFM snippet of Jordan Ruimy (well it's more his opinion but whatever lol).

Oscars: Clayton Takes on the Best Actor Race ..

I already tackled the Best Actor race on 08.05.22

Variety’s Clayton Davis is more or less in agreement with what I consider to be the current top 5:

• Austin Butler (Elvis)

• Brendan Fraser (The Whale)

• Hugh Jackman (The Son)

• Bill Nighy (Living)

• Adam Driver (White Noise)

Others: Tom Cruise (Top Gun: Maverick), Daniel Giménez Cacho (Bardo), Christian Bale (Amsterdam), Jeremy Pope (The Inspection), Diego Calva (Babylon)

I’m more prone to believe that, given this seems to be a fairly weak year for prominent male lead performances, Tom Cruise in “Top Gun: Maverick” should be taken very seriously.

It’s such a weak year for male acting that if I were Paramount/Apple I’d really try hard to push that December deadline on Scorsese/Schoonmaker for “Killers of the Flower Moon.” This is the absolutely perfect year to release that film and campaign DiCaprio’s performance.

Source

If Tom Cruise wins an oscar for that overwhelmingly cringy Top Gun performance I'm done with the oscars forever :rofl:

33614294a066cccbcb59d063b68e09bf.gif

4 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

One more KOTFM snippet of Jordan Ruimy (well it's more his opinion but whatever lol).

Oscars: Clayton Takes on the Best Actor Race ..

I already tackled the Best Actor race on 08.05.22

Variety’s Clayton Davis is more or less in agreement with what I consider to be the current top 5:

• Austin Butler (Elvis)

• Brendan Fraser (The Whale)

• Hugh Jackman (The Son)

• Bill Nighy (Living)

• Adam Driver (White Noise)

Others: Tom Cruise (Top Gun: Maverick), Daniel Giménez Cacho (Bardo), Christian Bale (Amsterdam), Jeremy Pope (The Inspection), Diego Calva (Babylon)

I’m more prone to believe that, given this seems to be a fairly weak year for prominent male lead performances, Tom Cruise in “Top Gun: Maverick” should be taken very seriously.

It’s such a weak year for male acting that if I were Paramount/Apple I’d really try hard to push that December deadline on Scorsese/Schoonmaker for “Killers of the Flower Moon.” This is the absolutely perfect year to release that film and campaign DiCaprio’s performance.

Source

If Tom Cruise wins an oscar for that overwhelmingly cringy Top Gun performance I'm done with the oscars forever :rofl:

33614294a066cccbcb59d063b68e09bf.gif

This guy basically insulted this year actors work... by saying it's a weak year he's saying all the work done by the actors is not worthy of recognition which for me doesn't seem something professional to say. And he's also offended Leo buy "saying" it's a perfect year to campaign for him, AS IF Leo needed not so good competition so than he can win. It's all wrong on his comments. Well, at least this is what I think. 

I haven't seen any of those top 5 performances but Austins and I think he gave one of the best performances I ever saw (in a biopic). 

And yes claiming Leo needs a "weak" year to get a chance for his 2nd oscar is... very poorly worded lol

But I also think all those awards aren't anymore what they used to be. They lost everything special to me.

More new pix of Leo in Santa Monica yesterday having dinner at Georgio Baldi with pal Sean Penn

Can anyone tell what the pink object in Leo's hand is ?  

Is that a  poorly wrapped gift  ? :p 

Or a group of papers ?? 

2022-08-17 (7).png 2022-08-17 (1).png 2022-08-17 (3).png 2022-08-17 (6).png

Thanks to ALL for the lastest Leo news /vids/ and old or new pix :flower: :flower: :flower: 

A bit more input about upcoming THE WAGER.

Martin Scorsese's The Wager: Plot, Cast, and Everything Else We Know

After Killers of the Flower Moon, Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio are reuniting for Apple TV+'s The Wager. Here's what to know!

Apple TV+ has been dominating viewers' screens since its November 2019 launch, quickly rising in priority on users' subscribed lists. The streamer has attached Martin Scorsese to The Wager, based on author David Grann's historical nonfiction epic, with Leonardo DiCaprio to star. This will be Scorsese and DiCaprio's seventh project together, after movies like The Wolf of Wall Street, Gangs of New York, The Departed, Shutter Island, and soon, Apple TV's Flower Moon, also starring Robert De Niro. What can we expect from this all-star duo's seventh reunion on the screen?

Imperative Entertainment's Dan Friedkin and Bradley Thomas are producing with Scorsese via Sikelia Productions, while DiCaprio and his partner Jennifer Davisson will produce through their company Appian Way Productions. The executive producer is Richard Pleper through the Eden Productions banner. A lot of weight is being thrown behind this project, so let's jump into what Scorsese and DiCaprio fans should know about The Wager and Grann's critically acclaimed novels!

The Wager: The Plot

Bestselling author David Grann's soon-to-be-released 2023 novel The Wager: A Tale of Shipwreck, Mutiny, and Murder is a tale of shipwreck, mutiny, and murder, according to preliminary descriptions. The novel centers on thirty barely alive and emaciated men who washed ashore in Brazil on a desperately improvised raft on January 28th, 1742. The men are survivors of a top-secret treasure hunting ship, His Majesty's The Wager. During the imperial war with Spain, the ship wrecked while in pursuit of "the prize of all oceans," a Spanish ship loaded with priceless valuables.

After months of being stranded on a desert island, the surviving men built the raft and drifted at sea for a hundred days before landing as heroes on the shores of Brazil. This isn't even the story's most interesting part, but what happens next is.

Six months after this event, a raft in even worse shape washes ashore in Chile, hosting three castaways who had a very different perspective of the events recounted by the thirty. According to these three castaways, the thirty heroes of The Wager were guilty of the worst treason imaginable in His Majesty's navy: they were mutineers. Accusations fly, and the stakes are acquittal or execution in Grann's intense tale of loyalty and betrayal, truth and lie, anarchy and duty.

The Wager: The Cast & Crew

The only known names attached to the film at this point are Scorsese and DiCaprio. Though we have yet to see Killers of the Flower Moon, which is due to be released in May 2023, we can expect that Scorsese will lend both to it and The Wager his distinct, haunting, and immersive style to the tales. The harshly divided subject matter of The Wager gives the legendary filmmaker a lot to sink his teeth into as a master craftsman. It is sure to be another committed performance by DiCaprio, who also made the survival drama The Revenant so unforgettable. The Wager is a story with human drama, gruesome visuals, and unforgiving motivation, which is up Scorsese's alley.

The international setting and enormous implications of the story's premise are very contained to this one time period, this particular affair, and this era of dominance of the British Navy. We can only assume Scorsese will capitalize on its broader themes and relevance to the larger population. All he needs is DiCaprio to bring it to life. We look forward to hearing more casting announcements in the months to come.

Other Related Projects to Be Excited About

This isn't the only Grann novel that Apple TV+ will be adapting. Tom Hiddleston is set to headline and executive produce the film The White Darkness, a harrowing polar exploration drama based on the novel of the same name with Soo Hugh and Mark Heyman. Apple TV has also finished production of the Grann-written, Scorsese-directed, and DiCaprio-starring Killers of the Flower Moon based on the Grann novel. It was also produced by Imperative and is set in an oil-wealthy Osage Nation in 1920s Oklahoma.

Grann has proven himself to be an engrossing, dynamic novelist, and it is exciting that the mammoth Apple streaming service has so eagerly devoured his works. Seeing such original and prolific authors get their due in mainstream Hollywood is an inspiring development for cinephiles desperate for new, never before seen stories. There have been a lot of complaints that mainstream Hollywood is all sequels as of late, so Apple TV's continuation of its reputation as a hub for brand new blockbuster content is music to many ears. It's about time more new novels, especially ones as unique and special as Grann's, was seized and developed for TV-watching audiences.

Release Date

The Wager novel will be available on April 18th, 2023. A release date for the film adaptation has not yet been announced.

Source

It also seems like Leo (or his former foundation) is a bit in trouble? To be honest I only understand half of this article. I couldn't even tell what he or the foundation is being accused of. Maybe someone can explain in easy words?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/leonardo-dicaprio-funneled-grants-dark-money-group-fund-climate-nuisance-lawsuits-emails-show

34 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

More new pix of Leo in Santa Monica yesterday having dinner at Georgio Baldi with pal Sean Penn

Can anyone tell what the pink object in Leo's hand is ?  

Is that a  poorly wrapped gift  ? :p 

Or a group of papers ?? 

2022-08-17 (7).png 2022-08-17 (1).png 2022-08-17 (3).png 2022-08-17 (6).png

Thanks to ALL for the lastest Leo news /vids/ and old or new pix :flower: :flower: :flower: 

I think it's something like gift!

35 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

It also seems like Leo (or his former foundation) is a bit in trouble? To be honest I only understand half of this article. I couldn't even tell what he or the foundation is being accused of. Maybe someone can explain in easy words?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/leonardo-dicaprio-funneled-grants-dark-money-group-fund-climate-nuisance-lawsuits-emails-show

idk too, I read this but got confused, hope this is clarifyed.

47 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Leo's foundation gave money to "dark money" groups and it seems that they wasted all the money!! Leo and his people didn't clarify what's going on!!

This article  tries to sum ( Fox news' article)

https://www.koimoi.com/hollywood-news/leonardo-dicaprio-allegedly-funded-dark-money-groups-that-filed-climate-change-lawsuits/

^To me it sounds more they spent money strategically to change politics for the cause of climate change. What's maybe not necessarily a bad thing -sometimes you just have to fight dirty because everyone around you is fighting dirty too- but it's still illegal.

It also seems like it wasn't Leo but his back then CEO of the foundation who made those poorly decisions. Still unclear how much Leo was aware/involved in all of this. No wonder he gave up the foundation in his name. What a mess. Yet again :shocking:

2 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

^To me it sounds more they spent money strategically to change politics for the cause of climate change. What's maybe not necessarily a bad thing -sometimes you just have to fight dirty because everyone around you is fighting dirty too- but it's still illegal.

It also seems like it wasn't Leo but his back then CEO of the foundation who made those poorly decisions. Still unclear how much Leo was aware/involved in all of this. No wonder he gave up the foundation in his name. What a mess. Yet again :shocking:

Good explanation. 

Jade & Barbie

Regarding the Leo  foundation news = basically in US the term 'dark money' is used when people are financially funding something but don't let it be known in the 'open' or shall we say "light of day" that they are the SOURCE of the money /the financial backing thus the term 'dark' 

For example,  Barbie and I have a disagreement and weeks later she is sued by a company called "X" , and she thinks company "X" is suing her , but in reality I have funneled money to them , and while their 'name' may be on lawsuit, I'm the one behind the scenes putting up  all the money for lawsuit 

It didn't mean anything illegal happened , and as Jade pointed out , this was way back in 2017 , and seemed from the article to be done more on Terry T's  part than Leo , it is just a reference as  to when people use a 2nd or 3rd party to be a 'front' for them to the public's eye 

Barbie

Agree with your comments regarding Clayton's Oscar comments 

While at same time I well know from all of my years reading or posting on movie forums, when a poster's favorite performance is not among the nominated , they often thereafter refer to the field as a 'weak' acting field.  Whereas when their favorite is nominated,  if he or she doesn't win , then they will say that was due to it being a 'strong lineup' :p 

Magical

Tks for reply about what the pink object in Leo's hand is :) 

18 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Sadly a friend within Leo’s group Tyson Tae Yong Park ( 44) recently passed away & several of Leo’s pals posted this group pic in remembrance 

He is the gentleman in center of pic 

You see Leo on far left side

AED95A15-1507-45BD-8047-3679F7360B6F.jpeg C6D2EF58-7172-4033-83AC-5C6DCDCE8C5E.jpeg

He was only 44... RIP Tyson💔