Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

2 hours ago, Mirella said:

20220722_155818.thumb.jpg.36b4ee9ee728acd398c6b9263f32a2be.jpg

Tom Cruise and Tarantino fighting the streaming.

Impressive to say the least that he managed to get people back to the cinemas. He seems to have worked hard for it if he personally called theater owners to assure a theater release. With them struggling in Covid times. 

That makes the happening of Killers of the flower moon much more exciting. The potential. What will they do? Where will they go?

I am one of them that thinks cinema is dead but maybe I am wrong here. 🙃 

I personally absolutely love the movie going experience. I even buy food at the movies. I believe that 90% of movies are better in a movie screen. I think I am in the minority so I try and support as much as I can.

4 minutes ago, kellybsblover said:

I personally absolutely love the movie going experience. I even buy food at the movies. I believe that 90% of movies are better in a movie screen. I think I am in the minority so I try and support as much as I can.

Me 2 💖

If I could I would LIVE in a cinema 🍿

Craziest cinema expierence? I watched all 5 Twilight movies in a special in one day 😄🧛‍♀️

Most watched movies? The Departed & The Great Gatsby 12× 

2 hours ago, Mirella said:

20220722_155818.thumb.jpg.36b4ee9ee728acd398c6b9263f32a2be.jpg

Tom Cruise and Tarantino fighting the streaming.

Impressive to say the least that he managed to get people back to the cinemas. He seems to have worked hard for it if he personally called theater owners to assure a theater release. With them struggling in Covid times. 

That makes the happening of Killers of the flower moon much more exciting. The potential. What will they do? Where will they go?

I am one of them that thinks cinema is dead but maybe I am wrong here. 🙃 

No way cinema is dead, there's nothing like watching a movie in a big screen, I saw Elvis in the theater 2 days ago and the experience was amazing, I'am pretty sure in a small screen it's not as rewarding. 

Movie/theater experience

Like others here I still enjoy seeing movies in theaters :thumbsup: 

And , Barbie, as to Elvis , like most Baz Lurhman movies = the visuals  he creates to be truly appreciated need to be viewed on a large multiplex screen = such as R&J & Gatsby 

Plus to me experiencing a movie with a live audience adds to one's own enjoyment = I know it certainly did back when I was seeing Titanic  = you could feel the sadness in the atmosphere  =men, women of all ages wiping tears from their eyes  = = no matter our individual differences =in those moments we were ONE 

Actor's Salaries

To me Leo's high salary is always justified as he is one of the few actors who can fill theater seats starring in a drama 

Drama has always been the hardest genre to sell to mass audiences  , and today even more so 

Leo has the flexibility to draw an audience into  an  action film like Inception  , while at same time, drama like KOFTM 

Salaries in the movie business have never been based on one's acting talent , or even on one's sex ,  it is based on one's ability to put bodies in those theater seats   = there is a reason it is called the movie BUSINESS  = those who PRODUCE the most money for the studios =earn the biggest salaries 

6 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

^ @Mirellathis is why Tom Cruise made 100 million dollar with Top Gun 2 for example. It passed the 1 billion dollar mark at the box office beating even Titanic on the US market (and according to Tom using a streaming service was never an option).

You can say about Tom Cruise whatever you want but that's quite impressive especially by considering that Top Gun 2 isn't good at all lol

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/tom-cruise-top-gun-streaming-debut/

Top Gun 2 is not good??? I loved that movie.  

46 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Movie/theater experience

And , Barbie, as to Elvis , like most Baz Lurhman movies = the visuals  he creates to be truly appreciated need to be viewed on a large multiplex screen = such as R&J & Gatsby 

Plus to me experiencing a movie with a live audience adds to one's own enjoyment = I know it certainly did back when I was seeing Titanic  = you could feel the sadness in the atmosphere  =men, women of all ages wiping tears from their eyes  = = no matter our individual differences =in those moments we were ONE 

Actor's Salaries

To me Leo's high salary is always justified as he is one of the few actors who can fill theater seats starring in a drama 

Drama has always been the hardest genre to sell to mass audiences  , and today even more so 

Leo has the flexibility to draw an audience into  an  action film like Inception  , while at same time, drama like KOFTM 

Salaries in the movie business have never been based on one's acting talent , or even on one's sex ,  it is based on one's ability to put bodies in those theater seats   = there is a reason it is called the movie BUSINESS  = those who PRODUCE the most money for the studios =earn the biggest salaries 

Agree 100% with everything you said. 

53 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Movie/theater experience

Actor's Salaries

So basically how much attention you have on you counts more than your acting? If I understood you correctly regarding salary.🙂 You don't have to be good at acting as long as people see you. But it has to help that you know what you are doing? I imagine. Obviously, Leo has both. 🙃

Well, we have to see about the cinema thing. They don't have problems for no reason. ❤ But it is always good to think positively. I am more curious what is coming next. As something new always comes after...

Mirella

For sure with Leo the studios have the dream combo = talented actor , as well as , ability to draw audiences into a theater resulting in good box office :thumbsup: 

But while I have enjoyed various Dwayne Johnson movies I would not consider him an excellent actor = however his ability to draw audiences into a theater resulting in good box office is why he sits atop the salary chart 

His acting  skills will never match , in my opinion, those of a Daniel D Lewis or Anthony Hopkins or a Cate Blanchett or Helen Mirren 

Yet those excellent actors will never be able to demand the salary of a Dwayne Johnson as their box office receipts have never been in Johnson range 

They mostly star in dramas like Leo , and dramas are the hardest sell to general audiences 

One need only look at the box office of recent BP/Oscar winners = Moonlight / Nomadland to see why those who want to produce dramas have turned to the streamers to get the needed funding as the regular studios more & more focus on potential box office before agreeing to any funding 

2 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Mirella

For sure with Leo the studios have the dream combo = talented actor , as well as , ability to draw audiences into a theater resulting in good box office :thumbsup: 

But while I have enjoyed various Dwayne Johnson movies I would not consider him an excellent actor = however his ability to draw audiences into a theater resulting in good box office is why he sits atop the salary chart 

His acting  skills will never match , in my opinion, those of a Daniel D Lewis or Anthony Hopkins or a Cate Blanchett or Helen Mirren 

Yet those excellent actors will never be able to demand the salary of a Dwayne Johnson as their box office receipts have never been in Johnson range 

They mostly star in dramas like Leo , and dramas are the hardest sell to general audiences 

One need only look at the box office of recent BP/Oscar winners = Moonlight / Nomadland to see why those who want to produce dramas have turned to the streamers to get the needed funding as the regular studios more & more focus on potential box office before agreeing to any funding 

We basically posted about the rock at the same time. 😆

1 hour ago, BarbieErin said:

Top Gun 2 is not good??? I loved that movie.  

I liked 2 things about this movie: the nostalgic vibe and Val Kilmer. Everything else naaah. Sry 😅 

It was way too american for me. Fighting against some faceless enemy just for the sake of fighting? Terrible excuse for a fight even more terrible statement for patriotic america. Also Tom and Jennifer were nothing but cringy lol

29 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

I liked 2 things about this movie: the nostalgic vibe and Val Kilmer. Everything else naaah. Sry 😅 

It was way too american for me. Fighting against some faceless enemy just for the sake of fighting? Terrible excuse for a fight even more terrible statement for patriotic america. Also Tom and Jennifer were nothing but cringy lol

Ok

6 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Mirella

I didn't know that 🙂 but I haven't seen one of Dwayne Johnsson's movies recently either so I have never reflected on it. So Dwayne's success is that he is likable and his movies are interesting/fun to watch and not that he has an extraordinary acting talent. Now I want to watch one of his latest movies. 

Found two movies on Netflix I will watch with Dwayne. He is Libra rising like Leo is. They are pretty likable guys and he seems to have found his way of doing things. 🙂 They like fairness and beauty and can go through life with rose-colored glasses just because they want to see love in everything.

(It doesn't hurt that Kevin Hart is there too. I love Kevin Hart and I have seen so many movies with him). 

20220723_063517.thumb.jpg.0d535b836867446641c8c8954d394e5b.jpg20220723_063541.thumb.jpg.b5d5869a580d76c39421b2bbc0a56513.jpg