Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

^Speaking of it the promo of this movie will be a minefield #white mens guilt #always a blessing to hear how white men know nothing about their races bloody past

ed5fbf370ee95785fc8f7dc5cd8538df6e2115af

Brendan Fraser glad to see 'Killers of the Flower Moon' subject matter 'coming to light'

Actor Brendan Fraser, who was in Oklahoma last year to shoot scenes for Martin Scorsese’s upcoming “Killers of the Flower Moon,” was asked about the film during his guest appearance at Fan Expo Dallas, a major pop culture convention in Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in downtown Dallas.

During a Saturday question-and-answer session, Fraser was asked how he felt about about being in a project with as much history and significance of “Killers of the Flower Moon,” which was based on David Grann’s best-selling book.

“I wasn’t aware of the story,” Fraser said. “It’s a great book. Check it out if you want a good summer read.”

In regard to the film, Fraser politely suggested that he didn’t want to say things about a movie he hasn’t seen yet.

“In deference to Mr. Scorsese, I don’t know what I’m talking about,” he said. “But the subject matter, I am pleased to see that it is coming to light now. It’s important.”

Grann’s book, based on actual events, is set in 1920s Oklahoma and depicts the serial murder of members of the oil-wealthy Osage Nation, a string of brutal crimes that came to be known as the Reign of Terror.

“Killers of the Flower Moon” stars Academy Award winners Robert De Niro and Leonardo DiCaprio. Fraser plays W.S. Hamilton in the film, which was shot in Pawhuska, Tulsa and other Oklahoma locations.

Source

2 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

^Speaking of it the promo of this movie will be a minefield #white mens guilt #always a blessing to hear how white men know nothing about their races bloody past

ed5fbf370ee95785fc8f7dc5cd8538df6e2115af

Brendan Fraser glad to see 'Killers of the Flower Moon' subject matter 'coming to light'

Actor Brendan Fraser, who was in Oklahoma last year to shoot scenes for Martin Scorsese’s upcoming “Killers of the Flower Moon,” was asked about the film during his guest appearance at Fan Expo Dallas, a major pop culture convention in Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in downtown Dallas.

During a Saturday question-and-answer session, Fraser was asked how he felt about about being in a project with as much history and significance of “Killers of the Flower Moon,” which was based on David Grann’s best-selling book.

“I wasn’t aware of the story,” Fraser said. “It’s a great book. Check it out if you want a good summer read.”

In regard to the film, Fraser politely suggested that he didn’t want to say things about a movie he hasn’t seen yet.

“In deference to Mr. Scorsese, I don’t know what I’m talking about,” he said. “But the subject matter, I am pleased to see that it is coming to light now. It’s important.”

Grann’s book, based on actual events, is set in 1920s Oklahoma and depicts the serial murder of members of the oil-wealthy Osage Nation, a string of brutal crimes that came to be known as the Reign of Terror.

“Killers of the Flower Moon” stars Academy Award winners Robert De Niro and Leonardo DiCaprio. Fraser plays W.S. Hamilton in the film, which was shot in Pawhuska, Tulsa and other Oklahoma locations.

Source

I just recalled, when the first info about KOFM came out, people in Internet got angry and accused Martin of "whitewashing" 🤦🏼‍♀️

10 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

You have no idea how tumultuous this is going to be in Oklahoma right now. Our current governor is trying to take down Cherokee Nation as well as other tribal nations. He wants us stripped of our sovereignty, so he can get his hands on our money as well as our land. The McGirt Supreme Court decision a couple of years ago as well as the partial overturning the Supreme Court did of that ruling against Cherokee Nation two weeks ago has the state and the tribal nations at each other’s throats. Because I am the only testing psychologist for Cherokee Nation, and I do competency evaluations for Cherokee Nation District Court, I have been thrust into the middle of it all.  It’s going to be interesting when this movie comes out and everyone sees how history is repeating itself right before their eyes.  🤬

^You're right I probably have absolutely no clue how it is to be erased from another race - well the white race which still thinks is above everyone else. But I feel terribly sorry for everyone who has to suffer under such horrible bad wrong people. I will never understand how someone can believe his skin color or religion or whatever is an excuse to hurt others. To think my white skin makes me better than others is one of the most absurd ideas of (in)humanity I ever heard.

I really hope you and your people make it through it @Sugarwater Once again. :/🌈🍀🏵️

9 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

It’s going to be interesting when this movie comes out and everyone sees how history is repeating itself right before their eyes.  🤬

I hope, it will help people to look at this situation. Honestly, if not the books like KOFM and Blood Meridian (highly recommend this book), I'd have no idea how cruel western people were. Western media mostly portrays these terrible times as times of "glorious valiant cowboys"😒 KOFM is adapted by Martin Scorsese who is popular and highly respected by audiences, so there's a chance to highlight the problem. Of course, it will not solve the whole problem, but small help better than no help at all. 

I wish you all the strength to stand all the fights✊🏻

Maybe he's going one day in politics after all.

Leonardo DiCaprio Offered Pete Buttigieg Speaking Tips During Presidential Run

234108354380409bb0a83db6ab781da1_md.jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio wanted to help Pete Buttigieg with his delivery ahead of a debate during his 2020 presidential campaign ... but the offer fell through Pete's hands!

Lis Smith, political strategist and former senior communications director for Buttigieg's 2020 presidential campaign, tells TMZ ... Leo offered a private coaching session with Pete ahead of a nationally televised debate, but Buttigieg's pop culture knowledge was lacking and he didn't recognize what he had in front of him.

We're told Leo extended the offer back in October 2019, during a swanky private fundraiser for Pete at a Los Angeles mansion, which was crawling with some of Hollywood's biggest stars ... including Paris Hilton, Ashton Kutcher, Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom.

It's funny ... Lis says Pete appreciated the Hollywood support, and the millions of dollars in donations that came pouring into his campaign, but he was never one to closely follow pop culture and barely recognized the celebs.

While we're told most celebs, like Paris, just took selfies with Pete and exchanged pleasantries, Leo went a step further ... giving Buttigieg the ultimate offer during a convo in one of the mansion's back rooms.

Leo's pitch went like this ... he would help Pete with his speaking style and coach him up on the best way to deliver his talking points at the upcoming debate.

Obviously, Leo's played all kinds of roles in Hollywood ... though he's not especially known for being spontaneous ... remember, Leo's never even hosted 'SNL,' but he's still talented as hell.

Lis says she was ecstatic when Pete told her about Leo's offer, but when she asked if he got DiCaprio's digits, Buttigieg said he didn't. Lis says she was beside herself, but chalked it up to Pete not fully grasping the significance of Leo's offer ... because he's not a big pop culture guy.

51203d7778904b729e426e3d666f6ee1_md.jpg

Ultimately, Pete handled the debate well without Leo's help ... with Lis calling it a turning point in Pete's campaign, sending him toward the top of the polls in Iowa and New Hampshire.

Lis spills more political tea in her upcoming book, "Any Given Tuesday: A Political Love Story" ... but this Buttigieg nugget isn't in the copy.

No word if Leo's also offering to help President Biden with his teleprompter.

Source

DiCaprio4Prez.jpg?resize=640,387