Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

As I've stated before, I'm not a Titanic fan per se, but the actual tragedy touches me. I don't recall this video being posted here on the forum, so here you go! 👇And Happy Sunday!

Also this...before the vid. It's a couple days old. Thanks @oxford25 and @akatosh for the Don't Look Up updates and everyone for the pics and treats.

Oklahoma City Museum of Art - We hope you enjoy your visit to The Painters of Pompeii as much as @LeonardoDiCaprio did earlier this summer! There is only one month left to see this historic exhibition, don't miss your cha.html

3 hours ago, YouNoMe said:

As I've stated before, I'm not a Titanic fan per se, but the actual tragedy touches me. I don't recall this video being posted here on the forum, so here you go! 👇And Happy Sunday!

Also this...before the vid. It's a couple days old. Thanks @oxford25 and @akatosh for the Don't Look Up updates and everyone for the pics and treats.

Oklahoma City Museum of Art - We hope you enjoy your visit to The Painters of Pompeii as much as @LeonardoDiCaprio did earlier this summer! There is only one month left to see this historic exhibition, don't miss your cha.html 82.22 kB · 0 downloads

What a destiny to go down with that ship. I hope I am never faced with that kind of panic in my life. 

It is hard to grasp how grand that production was. The engineering by so many people that helped solve the way to make it work. To do things over and over again from different angles and directions so the finishing touches become perfect. 

It must have been an experience and especially if you weren't fortunate to move on to another production. This was your only one. 

40 minutes ago, Mirella said:

What a destiny to go down with that ship. I hope I am never faced with that kind of panic in my life. 

It is hard to grasp how grand that production was. The engineering by so many people that helped solve the way to make it work. To do things over and over again from different angles and directions so the finishing touches become perfect. 

It must have been an experience and especially if you weren't fortunate to move on to another production. This was your only one. 

Yes, love. What a fate! Massive deaths make me sad.  Such a statement leaves wiggle room for debate, but I know what I mean. I'm not sure how effective I would have been in a circumstance such as the sinking of the Titanic, I hope better than I anticipate. Here's a victim I identify with... Jack Phillips, (John) really. In my house it is suspected that Jack Dawson's death, and bits of life was modeled after him 👇

(Thanks @Mirellafor the clip)

f821b0126a84072577afb760aa4a0068.jpg

24 minutes ago, YouNoMe said:

Yes, love. What a fate! Massive deaths make me sad.  Such a statement leaves wiggle room for debate, but I know what I mean. I'm not sure how effective I would have been in a circumstance such as the sinking of the Titanic, I hope better than I anticipate. Here's a victim I identify with... Jack Phillips, (John) really. In my house it is suspected that Jack Dawson's death, and bits of life was modeled after him 👇

(Thanks @Mirellafor the clip)

f821b0126a84072577afb760aa4a0068.jpg

Some people were fighting for their lives, some were in denial the ship was sinking, and too many were left to rest and wait for the unavoidable darkness. Hard to tell which ticket you would have been blessed with even if what class you belonged to had helped you. 🙃

So there was a person in mind for that character even if only briefly thought of. 

Do you know somebody? That is not the point! 😂

I love how he instinctively knows how to take in the experience of a lifetime. Few people are engaged in this story but he was one of them. Making each day count.

Have to go to work now. Have a nice😉

Leonardo DiCaprio-Backed Electric Automaker Polestar Valued At $20 Billion In SPAC Deal

dicaprio.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Polestar, the electric vehicle company backed by Volvo of Sweden and Leonardo DiCaprio was valued at $20 billion in a SPAC deal that will take it public.

The company, founded in 2017 by Volvo Cars and Chinese automotice group Zhejiang Geely Holding, has two cars, Polestar 1 and Polestar 2, currently on roads in Europe, North America and Asia and plans to launch three new models by 2024. Existing investors include Volvo Car Group, Geely and actor and activist DiCaprio.

The company Monday announced plans to merger with a SPAC, or special purpose acquisition company, Gores Guggenheim, formed by the Gores Group global investment firm, and Guggenheim Capital. On closing, a new public company called Polestar Automotive Holding UK Limited will be listed on the Nasdaq market under the ticker symbol PSNY. The transaction implies an enterprise value for the business of approximately USD $20 billion. SPACS, called “blank check” companies, are created by investors often teamed with  executives to raise cash by going public. They scout for promising private companies to buy. Those companies get automatic public listings without having to go through an onerous IPO process.

The actor is a longtime environmental activist who has established foundations and raised funds for organizations from the WWF, the Natural Resources Defense Council, Global Green USA and the International Fund for Animal Welfare. He’s a founding board member of Re:Wild, which aims to protect and restore biodiversity. In 2014, The Secretary-General designated DiCaprio as a Messenger of Peace with a special focus on climate change ahead of the 2014 Climate Summit.

Source

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

The man has an eye for investments with a Swedish touch. 😃 The financial news says that Polestar has ambitious goals in the coming years that they probably will reach.

Tesla need to look out. 

Mr. DiCaprio is no stranger to Volvo so this doesn't surprise me. He is doing good and will probably be a lot richer in the future. 

On 9/27/2021 at 6:08 AM, Cammoood said:

Can not Wait until he proposes to Cami!

Bar is  the only one who I wish he married to ... she is Gemini too like Cami...

Leonardo doesn't care about astrology when it comes to relationships 🤣😂 cause they always say that scorpio  doesn't go along with Gemini. 

Almost unbelievable but here's a great DLU teaser review via laineygossip...

*me while reading waiting for something nasty

16074aec2971d27827afdf4ad332db5fd31a8458

... and a even greater summary of Leos comedy performances over all 🤓

so the world is really going down

10847475b0662f498054c20629b4fa39b9b1cd20

785a390c9f52979e10c6876038501343cbfe7e26

Comedy Leonardo DiCaprio

The first teaser for Adam McKay’s Don’t Look Up gave us a glimpse of Leonardo DiCaprio in rare comedy mode, and the new “Tudum” teaser doubles down, giving us even more of comedy Leo D in action. He’s sweaty, nervous, he has a stupid haircut and an obviously fake beard, I love it. I also like this teaser a lot more than the first one. I wasn’t sold at first look, but the chemistry on display between DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Jonah Hill, and Meryl Streep is GREAT. McKay is good with ensembles, and this is another star-studded ensemble for him to work with, and he’s only getting better at it. I don’t know that Don’t Look Up will be able to carve a place for itself in an overcrowded awards season, especially since The Power of the Dog is Netflix’s awards baby, but at the very least, we have a new comedy performance from Leonardo DiCaprio. He hasn’t done one since The Wolf of Wall Street. (Although I don’t think the finance bros who embraced that film realize he was playing Jordan Belfort as a comedy villain.)

I have always wavered on counting DiCaprio’s work with Quentin Tarantino as comedy performances. Calvin Candie feels like a comedy villain, but Django Unchained is so dark, and Calvin Candie as a character is SO dark, I’m not sure it counts. It has moments of comedy, for sure, such as the dinner scene. But Calvin Candie is a monster, and DiCaprio plays him monstrously. Rick Dalton has a similar feel. At times, yes, total comedy performance. And Once Upon a Time…In Hollywood isn’t NEARLY as dark as Django Unchained, even though both are part of Tarantino’s revisionist history class. But there is a sadness in Rick Dalton that permeates DiCaprio’s whole performance. I don’t think he is playing Rick as a comedy character, but as a man so divorced from himself that he becomes clownish. Let me know what you think, if we should count DiCaprio’s Tarantino work as comedy performances.

Source

m7Ay4Vi6CeLGnyRwek.thumb.gif.36988f97f6c6ab0efc5b4b2abcbccdee.gif

😂 Just because it is my kind of humor.

Love Leonardos flippy hairdo. That curly thing. So cute. Would be hard to sit through class if he was your professor talking about the planets and the Universe. 

Am I the only one still wondering what Jonah has in his purse? 

On 9/26/2021 at 8:26 PM, Mirella said:

Some people were fighting for their lives, some were in denial the ship was sinking, and too many were left to rest and wait for the unavoidable darkness. Hard to tell which ticket you would have been blessed with even if what class you belonged to had helped you. 🙃

So there was a person in mind for that character even if only briefly thought of. 

The Titanic was such a massive recount to tackle. When tragedy strikes, where do we find the larynx to voice it all?

Switching gears, I thought Lorraine Bracco's interview was appropriate for the forum. A little awkward and meager in detail, but I think we all have our days. Leo must have been somewhere and around. He's always spoken highly of her👇

1 hour ago, YouNoMe said:

The Titanic was such a massive recount to tackle. When tragedy strikes, where do we find the larynx to voice it all?

Switching gears, I thought Lorraine Bracco's interview was appropriate for the forum. A little awkward and meager in detail, but I think we all have our days. Leo must have been somewhere and around. He's always spoken highly of her👇

A mother's love for her son. I found this poem I thought was lovely. All respect to the mothers out there, Leonardos mother included, that do what they believe is the right thing for them and their child. 

A Mother's Love," Helen Steiner Rice

A Mother’s love is something

that no one can explain,

It is made of deep devotion

and of sacrifice and pain,

It is endless and unselfish

and enduring come what may,

For nothing can destroy it

or take that love away,

It is patient and forgiving

when all others are forsaking,

And it never fails or falters