Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

17 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Another Outsiders House pic 

7BEFD416-8108-4072-B451-B4D91F258675.jpeg

So this Outsiders House is a museum about the 80s movie Outsiders? I didn't realize the movie is that popular :p Watched it once... mostly for young Rob Lowe I had a really big crush on because excuse me but he was just drop dead gorgeous :baronfaint:

310041587_roblowe.thumb.jpg.e805325f09a423a20187afaae25e3bb3.jpg

But I didn't like the movie that much because it was kinda cringe worthy at least I felt it that way back then LOL Maybe I should rewatch it :p

And who is this girl in front of them? Is it a cardboard stand from a movie character?

58 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

So this Outsiders House is a museum about the 80s movie Outsiders? I didn't realize the movie is that popular :p Watched it once... mostly for young Rob Lowe I had a really big crush on because excuse me but he was just drop dead gorgeous :baronfaint:

310041587_roblowe.thumb.jpg.e805325f09a423a20187afaae25e3bb3.jpg

But I didn't like the movie that much because it was kinda cringe worthy at least I felt it that way back then LOL Maybe I should rewatch it :p

And who is this girl in front of them? Is it a cardboard stand from a movie character?

looks like someone photoshopped that little girl in that picture?

The Outsiders was huge with the teens and twenties. Not really for the quality of the movie, but because it had all the heart throbs of the day in it, Matt Dillon at the time was the main heart throb as well as Leif Garrett. The others were less known, but after The Outsiders, they blew up. This included Rob Lowe, Tom Cruise, Patrick Swayze, C. Thomas Howell, Ralph Macchio, and Emilio Estevez. Diane Lane's career was also jump started with The Outsiders. S.E. Hinton is from Tulsa, OK and she wrote The Outsiders when she was in high school. She wrote an entire series of books about the lives of teenagers in Oklahoma. The books were pretty big which is why they made a few of them into movies. The Outsiders house is where they filmed part of the movie. In the movie, it's the house that the Curtis boys lived in. It was set to be demolished, but a few years ago Danny Boy O'Connor bought it and restored it as a part of movie history.  In Pawhuska, a lot of the buildings on Kihekha Ave were in really bad shape and hadn't been occupied in a long time. I'm willing to bet those buildings are going to be kept in better repair and maybe turned into a memorabilia museum after the movie comes out as well.   

Sugarwater

Tks for info that Leo auditioned for  Outsiders tv series not movie 

Jade

I’ve never seen the movie , but apparently it has a cult following 

Aa to the little girl , I don’t know if it has connection to the movie , but , at least to me , it looks like the girl who took the pic , and she inserted to let all know it was her pic :idk:

65D9C880-3500-40D2-81A4-9BFD802833D7.jpeg

26 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Sugarwater

Tks for info that Leo auditioned for  Outsiders tv series not movie 

Jade

I’ve never seen the movie , but apparently it has a cult following 

Aa to the little girl , I don’t know if it has connection to the movie , but , at least to me , it looks like the girl who took the pic , and she inserted to let all know it was her pic :idk:

65D9C880-3500-40D2-81A4-9BFD802833D7.jpeg

That was an interesting way to do it.🙂 

19 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

Fun fact: I got to watch them film The Outsiders and Tex way back when.  I was around ten years old. I got Matt Dillion’s autograph which I still have. 

53308F24-4181-44BA-B6B3-53CB12560EE4.jpeg

Did you met some others of the huge cast too? Like Tom Cruise, Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe or Diane Lane?

Even though for a ten years old a 'famous' face (or almost famous face that time lol) wasn't probably so interesting than it would be now lol

tumblr_m2oqc3jyyc1qi6bfco1_400.gifv

It's like asking OUATIH Julia Butters if Brad Pitt was sexy on set lmao

8682cf82d3ce5fa76c786c6e19ff5060da26365e

Thx all for your answers :flower: You're probably all right about the little girl being photoshopped. Someone asked her if she could post the "original" pic on her insta account.

TODAY’S CASTING CALL 

July 12, 2021

Toddlers Aged 24-36 Months Needed 
July 15 for Major Feature Film in OK 

Kids, aged 24-36 months, are needed July 15 to appear in scenes in a major motion picture, now filming in Oklahoma. They will play neighborhood kids, playing in the street.

Kids with contemporary haircuts and/or bleached or dyed hair cannot be considered. Hair needs to be consistency with 1920s hair styles.

Costume fitting will be tomorrow, July 13, in Bartlesville, OK.

Filming will be in Fairfax, OK.

4 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Did you met some others of the huge cast too? Like Tom Cruise, Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe or Diane Lane?

Even though for a ten years old a 'famous' face (or almost famous face that time lol) wasn't probably so interesting than it would be now lol

I got to watch all of them filming (except for Diane Lane), but I didn't meet them or talk to them. You are correct in that as a ten year old, I didn't care that much. I cared, just not in the same way that my older sisters cared. My sisters were in high school and they took me with them to watch the filming. Honestly, watching them film a movie is like watching the grass grow. It takes a couple of hours just for them to initually set up the scene and then they do the same thing over and over and over and in between takes, they have to reset everything. It can be rather boring. My ten year old self was tired of being there and wanted to go home, but my sisters and their friends wanted to try and get Matt Dillon's autograph. They had Matt's director's chair right in front of where we were standing and he would go sit there in between takes. There were barriers and security between us and Matt Dillon. I didn't care. I wanted to go home, so I ducked under the barriers and walked right past the security guard, gave Matt a piece of paper and asked him for his autograph. He said sure and signed it for me. I went back to where my sisters were standing, handed them the piece of paper and said, "There! Can we go now!" LOL. I only got away with it, because I was little kid. 

I was reading the little we can find about Don't look up for Netflix. I got stuck in one of the boxes that said:

"That is kind of how it started. But then the pandemic hit. What that did was bring out what the movie is really about, which is how we communicate with each other. We can’t even talk to each other anymore. We can’t even agree. So it’s about climate change, but at its root it’s about what has the internet, what have cellphones, what has the modern world done to the way we communicate.”

The article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/collider.com/what-is-dont-look-up-about-adam-mckay-netflix-movie-climate-change/amp/

I haven't seen this before and wonder what they mean by it? Aren't people bad at communicating with or without the internet and cellphones? 

For anyone that hasn't seen the trailer. 🙃

Mirella

I've read the entire script,  and , I think, once you see the film , you'll understand what McKay meant by those remarks. :) 

As to Leo/script,  we've learned in the past , be it this film, or Inception, Leo often meets with directors about his character before filming begins.   I would speculate that is part of  his signing on requirements for all of his films 

And again, having read the script , I  think, I have an idea of what Leo wanted 'added',  but at same time  I don't wish to 'spoil' the film for others  , and , once again, I feel once all see the film they will ,also, have a hunch of what Leo wanted 'added/tweaked" 

ANOTHER CASTING CALL TODAY

July 12, 2021

Current / Former Police or Military Police Needed Next Week for Major Feature Film 

Current or former law enforcement officers, or former military police, are needed July 19-20to appear in scenes in a major motion picture, now filming in Oklahoma. They will play police officers in 1920s Oklahoma. The film is looking for men with actual police experience so procedures are authentic.

The men can have facial fair, but must be willing to have it trimmed by production to match 1920s facial hair styles. The men should be between 25-55 years of age, no taller than 6'2" tall and no larger than a size 46 suit.

Filming will be in Pawhuska, OK.

1 hour ago, Mirella said:

I was reading the little we can find about Don't look up for Netflix. I got stuck in one of the boxes that said:

"That is kind of how it started. But then the pandemic hit. What that did was bring out what the movie is really about, which is how we communicate with each other. We can’t even talk to each other anymore. We can’t even agree. So it’s about climate change, but at its root it’s about what has the internet, what have cellphones, what has the modern world done to the way we communicate.”

The article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/collider.com/what-is-dont-look-up-about-adam-mckay-netflix-movie-climate-change/amp/

I haven't seen this before and wonder what they mean by it? Aren't people bad at communicating with or without the internet and cellphones? 

I can’t wait for this movie to drop. December can’t come fast enough.

7 hours ago, Mirella said:

This trailer is fake, it's just a compilation of another movies put together with Leo and Jen scene released by Netflix in the beggining of the year. 

1 minute ago, BarbieErin said:

This trailer is fake, it's just a compilation of other movies scenes put together with Leo and Jen scene released by Netflix in the beggining of the year. 

Please elaborate why Netflix would put out a fake trailer. I don't get it. 🙃 I have never heard before that a studio, (is Netflix a studio?) Would do that. And does it matter? If Netflix wants something out there they can put it out there. Their money and production I mean. Didn't this particular trailer come out when they just started filming and didn't have much to work with? 

It was a lot of buzz then but now nothing. I did wonder if that is a normal strategy implied by the industry? Put it out there, then be quite until three months before release or something. I had almost forgotten about it but for some reason started to read those articles. I look forward to see it too. 

6 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Mirella

I've read the entire script,  and , I think, once you see the film , you'll understand what McKay meant by those remarks. :) 

As to Leo/script,  we've learned in the past , be it this film, or Inception, Leo often meets with directors about his character before filming begins.   I would speculate that is part of  his signing on requirements for all of his films 

And again, having read the script , I  think, I have an idea of what Leo wanted 'added',  but at same time  I don't wish to 'spoil' the film for others  , and , once again, I feel once all see the film they will ,also, have a hunch of what Leo wanted 'added/tweaked" 

So you think Leo wanted to add something and not change it? No, don't spoil the movie.🙃 Half the fun, at least for me, is to figure things out but it is that balance of no information and too much information. I like books like the Davinci Code where you don't know where they are going with things.